77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Norman & Roe, The Real Thing » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Norman & Roe, The Real Thing
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
worldwide worldwide is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-21-2005

Norman & Roe, The Real Thing Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Many of you have requested to see this clip for a few years, take a look and enjoy a moment, at our little Cafe Paradiso in Eugene Oregon.
I cannot for the life of me remember when this was shot, (around winter 2000, thank you Linda Miller) I just know I really enjoyed hearing Larry play with Mike backing him up on the fly.

The first Christian concert I ever promoted was back in Redding Ca, like 1988 or so with Edge Entertainment, he was great then and was on it here as well. Larry Norman was and will always be a gentlemen, true songwriter and honest artist representing the word of God through song. He even granted us an interview for the Worldwide Doc, some great commentary on the state of CCM.

We also have Mikes solo set of that show, plus a Roe number with 5 Oclock People backing him up. Brilliant performance by Mike, always shining. Mike, I hope you enjoy viewing this as much as the rest of us do. Cheers to Larry Norman, an innovator, an original.

It is high time we start sharing some of these moments in musical history that we have been fortunate enough to catch on film....Larry when are we going to roll that feature length doc on your life & music...oh yeah as soon as we finish the one for Gene.

Z

http://www.edenzfilms.com/Larry%20&%20Mike%20Roe.04_Large

Copy and Paste into your browser, it will take 5 minutes or so on DSL
Mr. Rohlinger....this ones for you man.

www.edenzfilms.com
worldwide@edenzfilms.com
06-16-2006 07:05 worldwide is offline Send an Email to worldwide Homepage of worldwide Search for Posts by worldwide Add worldwide to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

FYI
it is a 46 MB file

took 6 min. on a 128 kb/sec. download

Looks & sound GooD Smile
06-16-2006 07:42 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

less than 1 minute on cable Cool

06-16-2006 09:10 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
less than 1 minute on cable Cool

i can agree with that Pleased
06-16-2006 10:09
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

Error

Sorry, you have reached either a non-existent site or the site has been suspended (or deactivated) due to Disk Space and/or Bandwidth Violation / Exceeded.

Site Owner: Please refer to this help page for information.
- -

06-16-2006 10:30 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

You may need to pick that up someplace other than there. Let me know if "not there" doesn't work, and I will try to assist. It's a great video.

06-16-2006 10:34 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by sevens
Error

Sorry, you have reached either a non-existent site or the site has been suspended (or deactivated) due to Disk Space and/or Bandwidth Violation / Exceeded.

Site Owner: Please refer to this help page for information.
- -

Yep.

06-16-2006 10:35 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
sevens
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
You may need to pick that up someplace other than there. Let me know if "not there" doesn't work, and I will try to assist. It's a great video.

7's would like to view Crying

7's not see movey pictures Crying

06-16-2006 10:38 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
worldwide worldwide is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-21-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by worldwide
Eden Z Site Down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey There Fellers,

Thanks for the alert to my site being over the quota, is that like when I bounce a check for NSF. Anyhow they yanked me for 24-48 hours, I will leave the link to the Roe / Norman clip, but will have to pull down a few other Worldwide related clips I had up there, for now. As I am on my way out of town and need to have my site up you know.

I had been posting some other projects for client review recently, and the MB's just got a way from me I suppose.

Anyhow it should be back up and running soon. Thanks again.

Z

www.edenzfilms.com
worldwide@edenzfilms.com
06-16-2006 11:31 worldwide is offline Send an Email to worldwide Homepage of worldwide Search for Posts by worldwide Add worldwide to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

RE: Eden Z Site Down Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by worldwide
Hey There Fellers,

Thanks for the alert to my site being over the quota, is that like when I bounce a check for NSF. Anyhow they yanked me for 24-48 hours, I will leave the link to the Roe / Norman clip, but will have to pull down a few other Worldwide related clips I had up there, for now. As I am on my way out of town and need to have my site up you know.

I had been posting some other projects for client review recently, and the MB's just got a way from me I suppose.

Anyhow it should be back up and running soon. Thanks again.

Z

I can put it on my site for a little while too if that helps?

06-16-2006 13:19 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

I downloaded it, but I don't know how to view it. What kind of Media Player do I need?

Alex

06-16-2006 14:39 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
I downloaded it, but I don't know how to view it. What kind of Media Player do I need?

Alex

quicktime

06-16-2006 14:41 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Birchell Birchell is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-391.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004
Favorite 77s album: Impossible to pick!!!

It ain't working!! I wanna see!!!!!!!!!!!
06-16-2006 21:16 Birchell is offline Send an Email to Birchell Search for Posts by Birchell Add Birchell to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

I just tried a right click/save as, and it was letting me do it.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
06-17-2006 06:53 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Alex

quicktime

Vielen Dank

Alex

06-17-2006 14:12 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Birchell Birchell is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-391.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2004
Favorite 77s album: Impossible to pick!!!

WW - thanks!! That was awesome to see. Isn't it simply amazing how Larry's voice hasn't hardly changed in 3 decades???

77bc - tx for the tip - I had to save it first, then it worked.
06-19-2006 09:11 Birchell is offline Send an Email to Birchell Search for Posts by Birchell Add Birchell to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

one thing that's always interested me is Mike's pick handling technique, I tend to use my pick in the same way he does, not 100% but some of what he does I do.....thanks for the influence Dr. Love!

06-19-2006 10:35 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
one thing that's always interested me is Mike's pick handling technique, I tend to use my pick in the same way he does, not 100% but some of what he does I do.....thanks for the influence Dr. Love!

Did you get it to work, then?

06-19-2006 11:53 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanx much, Todd.

06-19-2006 11:54 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:

Did you get it to work, then?

YA! Big Grin

dank ye marti Pleased

I've never been a huge norman fan, still am not, but I enjoyed Mike's guitar.....thought norman's vocal on the first song was really bad........but that's just me.

06-19-2006 12:11 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Norman & Roe, The Real Thing

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH