77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Song from Sticks and Stones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Best track from Sticks and Stones?
DON'T, THIS WAY 9 26.47%
NOWHERE ELSE 8 23.53%
MT 5 14.71%
GOD SENDS QUAILS 5 14.71%
THIS IS THE WAY LOVE IS 4 11.76%
PERFECT BLUES 3 8.82%
THE LOOP 0 0.00%
THE DAYS TO COME 0 0.00%
YOU WALKED IN THE ROOM 0 0.00%
LOVE WITHOUT DREAMS 0 0.00%
Total: 34 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Best Song from Sticks and Stones 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

????????

great thread....

????????

but it has caused many synapses to be blown... this is really a cd that I love and it is very hard to pick a fav child...

MT is AWESOME

Nowhere else is really a great singable little dittie - why it wasn't a HUGE hit is beyond me...

Perfect Blues? near perfect

I totally dig - this is the way love is...

& Don't this Way... gorgeous!

Quails is BRILLIANT...

my dilemma... chosing a stand out track among the above mentioned.

So I will wait in a quandry - refusing to pick

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by phreaq: 12-21-2005 08:06.

12-21-2005 08:05 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by phreaq
????????

great thread....

????????

but it has caused many synapses to be blown... this is really a cd that I love and it is very hard to pick a fav child...

MT is AWESOME

Nowhere else is really a great singable little dittie - why it wasn't a HUGE hit is beyond me...

Perfect Blues? near perfect

I totally dig - this is the way love is...

& Don't this Way... gorgeous!

Quails is BRILLIANT...

my dilemma... chosing a stand out track among the above mentioned.

So I will wait in a quandry - refusing to pick

~f

I was kinda like you phreaq, however I picked the one the really hits home the most from a personal stand point.

12-21-2005 08:36 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

That was hard... in the end I chose MT. I love the whole CD. TITWLI isn't a fav of mine, but Quails, Nowhere else and Don't this Way were very close. Of Perfect Blues I prefer the 88 live version. Anyway; S&S is a great CD.

Alex

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Alex: 12-21-2005 08:39.

12-21-2005 08:38 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

"MT", with "Quails...." a close second. I agree that the album works very well as a whole, which makes it hard to pick. Tootle gets a strong honorable mention for "Nowhere Else", because it succeeds so well at being what it is. Of course, Mike's vocals help that along considerably as well.

I think what gave "MT" the edge for me was the explanation of the direction of the lyrics that I heard....wherever.

I was really enjoyed this thread until I read some of the comments, but whatever--here's to selective reading. The album is a treasure.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 12-21-2005 09:50.

12-21-2005 09:38 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

My favorite song on Sticks and Stones would be "Nowhere Else". The melody is gorgeous as well as the words. It's lovely. But if I had to pick my favorite "have fun" songs I would choose "This is the Way Love Is" because in my mind it is a classic. I picture myself in that crappy little apartment I had when that song was new every time I hear it. And "Perfect Blues" would be my other favorite have fun song because it is fun. "Don't This Way" is also melody wise a beautiful song, but it is too depressing. To think of a loved one you have unfinished business with dieing is more than I can handle. It's a good album - it was hard to pick one song.

12-21-2005 12:28 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

The whole damn CD is AWESOME!!!!!

12-22-2005 12:24 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit

I actually wanted to do a "best 77s song ever." But the poll only lets you do 10 choices. Frown

12-22-2005 15:29 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I actually wanted to do a "best 77s song ever." But the poll only lets you do 10 choices. Frown

Then do a poll for every 77s CD...

...and in the end, take the winning songs and put them against each other.

Alex

12-22-2005 15:30 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Good thinking. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 12-22-2005 19:23.

12-22-2005 19:23 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Not so fast, Cynthia. It has been done before on the DAMB and lead to much bloodshed. Driver just may wish to cause more division here.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
12-22-2005 19:47 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by .evangeline.
Not so fast, Cynthia. It has been done before on the DAMB and lead to much bloodshed. Driver just may wish to cause more division here.

Driver? You mean Kit?

12-22-2005 19:50 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:

Waddya mean? And what happened on the DAMB?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 12-22-2005 21:36.

12-22-2005 21:36 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:

rob 3.0 actually did a HUGE series of polls here, before Sistah broke the board and all it's content was wiped from the drives. I don't remember the results, but it was actually a very civil process, in my recollection.

I tend not to hang out on the daMB very often.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-22-2005 21:52 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:

DAMN the DaMB!!!!!!!!

12-23-2005 06:25 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

I think I have 6 posts on the DAMB...and that was from one of the question and answer chats they had there. I haven't gotten around to actually becoming a frequent visitor yet. Maybe I should start a poll as to whether or not I should. Cool Pleased

12-24-2005 13:40 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
I think I have 6 posts on the DAMB...and that was from one of the question and answer chats they had there. I haven't gotten around to actually becoming a frequent visitor yet. Maybe I should start a poll as to whether or not I should. Cool Pleased

DO IT!!!!

12-25-2005 11:47 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I gave this disc a spin the other day to refresh my memory. And it is chockful of goodies! But since I can only pick one, I went with Nowhere Else.

When I first picked it up back-in-the-day, that was the song that grabbed my attention first. So there you have it.

01-11-2006 09:08 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Mudpappy II Mudpappy II is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-566.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2005

I think I have the wrong album. Frown

01-11-2006 09:27 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Big Grin

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
01-11-2006 10:06 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Decent article on this album that came out not too long ago...

http://popdose.com/popdose-flashback-90-...cks-and-stones/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 04-06-2010 21:19.

04-06-2010 21:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Song from Sticks and Stones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH