77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Song from Sticks and Stones » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: Best track from Sticks and Stones?
DON'T, THIS WAY 9 26.47%
NOWHERE ELSE 8 23.53%
MT 5 14.71%
GOD SENDS QUAILS 5 14.71%
THIS IS THE WAY LOVE IS 4 11.76%
PERFECT BLUES 3 8.82%
THE LOOP 0 0.00%
THE DAYS TO COME 0 0.00%
YOU WALKED IN THE ROOM 0 0.00%
LOVE WITHOUT DREAMS 0 0.00%
Total: 34 Votes 100%

Go to the bottom of this page Best Song from Sticks and Stones 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Best Song from Sticks and Stones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is pretty much my fav album of all time. So, which track do you think is the most indispensable? And this does not include the "lost Island treasures" of course. Wink

12-20-2005 11:14 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

God Sends Quails - Hands Down!

12-20-2005 11:16 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

Yeah that's my choice.

12-20-2005 11:16 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Quails

hands up, way up

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
12-20-2005 11:27 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt

Yeah that's my choice.

yup... Cool
thats two good threads that kit has started now.... Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
12-20-2005 12:24 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Nowhere Else gets my vote, although it has a lot of personal significance.

Michaelshademefromthesun

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
12-20-2005 12:27 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

Don't, This Way is a close second for me.

12-20-2005 13:28 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

There was a period where "Don't, This Way" would have been the obvious choice for me. But I guess "God Sends Quails" tends to resonate with me more so lyrically. Plus, it's simply more menacing.

The only song on this album that is close to being flawed is "The Loop." Also, sometimes I wonder what this album would sound like with updated production. Not that I am all that bothered by the way it was produced.

It is impossible for me to not air drum to songs like "Perfect Blues" and "This is the Way Love Is."

12-20-2005 14:34 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

So true!

12-20-2005 14:37 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Don't This Way

any other answers are wrong.
12-20-2005 16:25 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: Best Song from Sticks and Stones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Perfect Blues, Don't This Way a close second.
12-20-2005 16:41
j77
unregistered
RE: Best Song from Sticks and Stones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

By the way, nice thread kit, it only took you forever to figure out how to start a thread that doesn't suck.
12-20-2005 16:42
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Definately Nowhere Else with Don't This Way in second place

Was I ever on the inside?
12-20-2005 17:04 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

This Is The Way Love Is

BTW, cool thread!

12-20-2005 17:19 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

I have to say "Perfect Blues"...

Close second is "This is the Way.." but I think I prefer the live versions from "It's For You" and "When Numbers Get Serious" over the studio version.

12-20-2005 17:32 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

It is impossible for me to not air drum to songs like "Perfect Blues" and "This is the Way Love Is."

That hilarious! I swear I do the same thing but I wasn't going to admit it. You've given me the courage, brother. I feel a special bond here!

Big Grin

12-20-2005 17:36 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by j77
By the way, nice thread kit, it only took you forever to figure out how to start a thread that doesn't suck.

I sneeze...and cool threads come out.

Roll Eyes

12-20-2005 17:48 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
waterdog waterdog is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-26-2005
Favorite 77s album: late

I picked this is the way,but learning the parts on Don't have been the hardest so far. ( I still don't have the complete solo down ) . I wanted to do This is the way for the tribute thingy , but the band I was with kinda took a left turn and I think I led them that way . Any way we are not doing anything together now. I must let ya all know that doing a poll on this disc is murderuos. I wasn't gunna pick ,but I say that about my nose.

oh just remembered.

I used to do Perfect Blues in band . somewhere around the middle ninties

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by waterdog: 12-20-2005 18:40.

12-20-2005 18:38 waterdog is offline Send an Email to waterdog Search for Posts by waterdog Add waterdog to your Buddy List
Muddy Ashes Muddy Ashes is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 10-05-2004
Favorite 77s album: Fun with Sound, if that counts

This is one of my late winter albums. Same with Drowning. I listen to them all year, but in january - march, they rarely leave the player.

Don't, This Way followed closely by Nowhere Else and the rest of the album.

12-20-2005 20:41 Muddy Ashes is offline Send an Email to Muddy Ashes Search for Posts by Muddy Ashes Add Muddy Ashes to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by herringostarr
quote:
Originally posted by Kit

That hilarious! I swear I do the same thing but I wasn't going to admit it. You've given me the courage, brother. I feel a special bond here!

Big Grin

Love is in the air......................

12-21-2005 07:29 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Best Song from Sticks and Stones

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH