77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » A modest proposal for next year » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A modest proposal for next year
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
musicstuph musicstuph is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 12-09-2005

A modest proposal for next year Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think we need a Michael Roe solo Christmas album in 2006. I
originally was thinking an EP for the second Roesbuds fan-club
release, but I think it would be better as a full-length released
to the general public. I am hoping for a similar vibe to "Say Your
Prayers."

My proposed title: "It's For Yule"

The 12 tracks I would like to hear Mike perform (feel free to
replace any of these with an original composition):

(1) Away in a Manger
(2) Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock (medley)
(3) Holy Emmanuel (T Taylor song)
(4) Come On, Ring Those Bells (yes, the Evie song)
(5) Mistletoe & Holly
(6) Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming
(7) We Three Kings (with T Taylor & D Daugherty) - maybe done in a
jazzed up 4/4 time, a la the Roches version
(Cool I Want a Hippopatamus For Christmas
(9) Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
(10) O Come, O Come Emmanuel
(11) Sweet Little Jesus Boy
(12) Go Tell it On the Mountain

Jonathan N.
12-09-2005 11:11 musicstuph is offline Send an Email to musicstuph Search for Posts by musicstuph Add musicstuph to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What a great idea. What about "Blue Christmas" though? You couldn't possibly have Michael Roe sing Christmas songs and not have him sing that one.

12-09-2005 11:16 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by musicstuph
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
What a great idea. What about "Blue Christmas" though? You couldn't possibly have Michael Roe sing Christmas songs and not have him sing that one.

I purposefully left off any songs that were already on the "Happy Chrimbo!" project.

Jonathan N.
12-09-2005 11:17 musicstuph is offline Send an Email to musicstuph Search for Posts by musicstuph Add musicstuph to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

What's Happy Chrimbo?

12-09-2005 11:17 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Someone New

77s, The / Happy Chrimbo! From The 77s
Year: 2001
Track Title
1. Run Rudolph Run
2. Blue Christmas
3. Winter Wonderland
4. I'll Be Home For Christmas
5. What Child Is This?
6. Hark The Herald Angels Sing
7. Silent Night

It was a fan club release.
12-09-2005 11:27 musicstuph is offline Send an Email to musicstuph Search for Posts by musicstuph Add musicstuph to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Roe Ho Ho Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Can I go on record as saying that Happy Chrimbo is probably my favorite thing we've done in the last ten years, although it's incomplete. Every year we say we're gonna finish it and we never do. It needs at least another four tracks with a proper case and sleeve art. Maybe next year.....Roll Eyes

p.s. Bruce, having tired of the situation, recorded his own solo xmas CD last year and is updating it this year with some bass from Harmon and even a vocal from Brent Bourgeois, I think....anyone interested needs to e-mail him on how to get one -- bruce@77s.com

quote:
Originally posted by musicstuph
Track Title
1. Run Rudolph Run
2. Blue Christmas
3. Winter Wonderland
5. What Child Is This?
7. Silent Night

12-09-2005 12:02 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Someone New

RE: Roe Ho Ho Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

[quote]Originally posted by Doctor Love
Can I go on record as saying that Happy Chrimbo is probably my favorite thing we've done in the last ten years, although it's incomplete. Every year we say we're gonna finish it and we never do. It needs at least another four tracks with a proper case and sleeve art. Maybe next year.....Roll Eyes

p.s. Bruce, having tired of the situation, recorded his own solo xmas CD last year and is updating it this year with some bass from Harmon and even a vocal from Brent Bourgeois, I think....anyone interested needs to e-mail him on how to get one -- bruce@77s.com

Bruce's e-mail bounced - how about if anyone finds out they can post the info here or in a new Thread.

I love "Happy Chrimbo!" & listening to it is what got me thinking about "It's For Yule."

Jonathan N.
12-09-2005 12:57 musicstuph is offline Send an Email to musicstuph Search for Posts by musicstuph Add musicstuph to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: Roe Ho Ho Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

quote:
Track Title
1. Run Rudolph Run
2. Blue Christmas
3. Winter Wonderland
5. What Child Is This?
7. Silent Night

Have been listening to it today, AGAIN!!!

It's my favorite Christmas CD, and is loaded on my 1Gb MP3 player, with Elvis, Jimmy Buffett's "Christmas Island" and Willie Nelson's "Pretty Paper". Ok...I threw on Cheech & Chong's story about "Santa and his old lady" too!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-09-2005 13:43 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

quote:
Track Title
1. Run Rudolph Run
2. Blue Christmas
3. Winter Wonderland
5. What Child Is This?
7. Silent Night

Have been listening to it today, AGAIN!!!

It's my favorite Christmas CD, and is loaded on my 1Gb MP3 player, with Elvis, Jimmy Buffett's "Christmas Island" and Willie Nelson's "Pretty Paper". Ok...I threw on Cheech & Chong's story about "Santa and his old lady" too!!!

I don't have this album, because I guess I never signed up for a fan list. Boo hoo hoo! Big Grin

12-09-2005 13:48 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

We actually sold a bunch through the webstore last Christmas... I'm sure you'll get a chance to get a hold of it - either in its unfinished or finished form.
12-09-2005 14:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We actually sold a bunch through the webstore last Christmas... I'm sure you'll get a chance to get a hold of it - either in its unfinished or finished form.

I have misplaced my "REAL" one. I have to find it and my DA "Alarma" cd!!!

Looking for a "finished" version, in the future!!!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-09-2005 14:07 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » A modest proposal for next year

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH