77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Somebody sent me Shakedown Street » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Somebody sent me Shakedown Street 4 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.754 Votes - Average Rating: 7.75
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Somebody sent me Shakedown Street dennis 04-05-2005 14:21
 RE: Somebody sent me Shakedown Street bubbaepp 04-12-2005 08:45
 RE: Somebody sent me Shakedown Street Tor The Magical Eunuch 04-12-2005 08:58
 You don't scare me.... carl 04-12-2005 08:59

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is that a picture of Brian Wilson?

I was just watching the Beach Boys in the Live Aid DVD.
it had Brian performing with the dead beach boys.
it's pretty damn cool! Cool
04-05-2005 14:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like the Dead. I have about 3 or 4 CD's. I would agree previous statements such as a) Shakedown is not their best effort and b) their live stuff tends to be much better than their studio.

I always liked the Europe '72 live collection, containing the classic China Cat Sunflower/I Know You Rider combo.

We're still waiting for Dr. Lovejuice to tell us what a non-deadhead should begin their collection with. I'm betting it'll be a live one.

A side note (and not a proud one): I saw the Dead once on Long Island at the Nassau Collesium sometime in the mid-80's. It was in my B.C. days, so I partook of alcoholic beverages, illegal smoking tobacco and someother mind altering paraphanalia in the fungus family. ( Confused ) Needless to say, it was a great show and I saw some very interesting things. And freaks too! Real freaks, but peaceable.

04-12-2005 08:45 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Tor The Magical Eunuch
Pearl Before Swine

images/avatars/avatar-516.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

i've never listened to anything by a band with DEAD in there name.
i don't like evil.

04-12-2005 08:58 Tor The Magical Eunuch is offline Search for Posts by Tor The Magical Eunuch Add Tor The Magical Eunuch to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

You don't scare me.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Death, where is yr stinger??? Tongue

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
04-12-2005 08:59 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Somebody sent me Shakedown Street

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH