77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Austin? San Antonio? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Austin? San Antonio? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Austin? San Antonio? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, how many of you are going to be at the Austin or San Antonio gigs? I plan on going to both, provided my FAILmobile makes it to San Antonio.

12-11-2009 19:19 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sadly, I have had some things come up and will not be making it to the San Antonio show. I am bummed about it but life doesn't stop for us sometimes. Frown

12-12-2009 11:41 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well that (the Austin show) was interestin'. I got the impression that most people in attendance were Mike fans, but I could be wrong.

12-12-2009 22:10 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Well that (the Austin show) was interestin'. I got the impression that most people in attendance were Mike fans, but I could be wrong.

What do you mean?

12-12-2009 22:16 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by Kit

What do you mean?

Well...I guess I expected Kevin to be more of a draw given his dc Talk association, but it almost seemed most people were there to see Mike. Again, I could be mistaken.

And "interesting" in the sense that I never thought I'd see Roe and Max playing together on the same stage. Kevin can come off as a pseudo-Bono at times, but it wasn't excruciating. And to be honest, the Smiths and Church covers he did were decent, but then again he did have the Doc playing with him. Smile However, Roe's set upstaged him pretty easily.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 12-12-2009 22:36.

12-12-2009 22:34 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Rocks in your Head

Really, Kmax coming across as somewhat self servant? Weird? Who would have thought? Tongue

12-13-2009 10:04 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

Big Grin

~Saint Augustine~
12-13-2009 10:32 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

i tawt i was gonna taw a Pud Tatt Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Titty, I cannot BELIEVE I won't be seeing you tonight!! Mad I have sooo been looking forward to this ever since the last show at the Cigar Bar.

Kevin and I really didn't have any time to rehearse a 'proper' duo set, so I've just been sitting in on his set on guitar and a vocal here and there. So far it's been good fun and fairly low key. I expected lots of drama but he's been real cool to me and we have a nice group of folks travelling together so it's been a fairly mellow hang all around, including the stage shows.

Of course, I have a few stories for you guys but I'll save those for after I get back. The Pad is as Maxi as ever and sometimes his wings start ridin' up his taint ~~ Shocked As of this moment, he is off getting himself a tattoo at a shopping mall before the gig, which is about as gay as you can get.

Speaking of gay, wonder if WeeWillieWeenkie will rear his maidenhead tonight? This is the equivalent of them ragheads gettin' it on with their 79 virgins or whatever after rammin' some buildings with airplanes. Hope he isn't as let down afterwards as I am certain they were .....

Doctor Love has attached this image:
a typical Kpad stance.jpg

12-13-2009 15:13 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rocks in your Head

Sorry Doc. I am not happy about it either. I am sure we will hook up again.

Who the hell gets a tattoo at a tattoo shop in a mall? I guess we have the answer to that one. That is gay.

Who the hell is WeeWillieWeenkie anyway?

12-13-2009 16:11 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Where DO you live Nails?

I think I liked the San Antonio show more...if anything for the fact that Chris Taylor was there, and Mike played "Kites Without Strings", which he didn't play at the Austin gig.

At one point, there was some extended silence between songs during Kevin's set and some guy who looked like he had an important job (club owner, promoter, not sure) mumbled something about dead air. I turned to him and said "we should start chanting I Luv Rap Music" and he said "yeah that'll do it" with a look on his face as if I just ran through an elementary school playground with my pants around my ankles.

I left the San Antonio gig around the time Kevin and Co. started covering "Ever Breath You Take" by The Police. Since I had a long drive back to Austin ahead of me and I had decided a long time ago that said song was one I never needed to hear again in any shape or form, I figured that was as good a time as any to leave.

12-13-2009 23:12 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Doctor Love

Wee's willie's stinky Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's when I wanted to leave too.

Actually, it was much earlier. (fyi, Kevin hated himself after that song and swore he would never do a gig like that again -- he knew it was jive to do that)

Being that Nails has no idea who WeeWillieWinkle is, I would say his problems are even bigger than missing the show tonight ... Wink
12-14-2009 00:11 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:

Roll Eyes

What a moronic maroon........

12-14-2009 12:24 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

~Saint Augustine~

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by 77sfan: 12-15-2009 16:31.

12-14-2009 16:22 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
quote:

Roll Eyes

What a moronic maroon........

Hey Paul, go F u CK your self and I seriously mean that. You are a douche.

12-14-2009 16:53 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love

Now girls, it's not fair to attack the WeakWizzle when I suggested to TittsForBrains that he was dense for not knowing who WeeWinkieStinky was.

This is all in fun ladies -- let's try and keep our coolios.

BTW NailOnTheHead, I really missed seeing you last night. You would've laughed yer fuckin ass off -- PaddedGash was in FULL FORM. Oh the stories ..... maybe next year. He wants to do it again.

Seriously, I had a lot of fun with K-Aped and he was very nice to me and we got on great. Now if we could just rehearse his set a tad bit more and have a bass player next time ..... Roll Eyes

basic fagness.jpg

12-14-2009 20:25 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Rocks in your Head

Doc, with all due respect, you have every right to give me a rough time or whatever. That douche pea does not. Yea I have blasted him a time or two but I have also extended the olive branch a time or two only to have it smacked out of my hand. He can stick that olive branch up his arse for all I care. Paul is a self centered, troll that only cares about his own agenda! He can f u Ck off. Mind your business Paul and keep my name out of your mouth!

Mike, I really am sorry I couldn't make it last night. I was bummed but I have no doubt we will hook up again soon! I was kind of looking forward to seeing Kmax in person. I was really ready to give hiim the benefit of the doubt and see what he could do on stage. Sadly my only "view" of him is that dribble that Peafu-ck posts all the time. That stuff probably doesn't do him justice. Glad you had a good time hanging with him and I hope it can happen again. You got my email addy doc! Hit me up.

12-14-2009 20:48 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Doc, with all due respect, you have every right to give me a rough time or whatever. That douche pea does not. Yea I have blasted him a time or two but I have also extended the olive branch a time or two only to have it smacked out of my hand. He can stick that olive branch up his arse for all I care. Paul is a self centered, troll that only cares about his own agenda! He can f u Ck off. Mind your business Paul and keep my name out of your mouth!

Mike, I really am sorry I couldn't make it last night. I was bummed but I have no doubt we will hook up again soon! I was kind of looking forward to seeing Kmax in person. I was really ready to give hiim the benefit of the doubt and see what he could do on stage. Sadly my only "view" of him is that dribble that Peafu-ck posts all the time. That stuff probably doesn't do him justice. Glad you had a good time hanging with him and I hope it can happen again. You got my email addy doc! Hit me up.

Roll Eyes

Crying

You whine more than my 5 year old.

I love you, anyway, NailTeet.
Big Grin

12-16-2009 09:18 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

my Pee stinks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The grand hand 'o love extended to Titts from the Stinkle ~~ Baby

Maxi&me.jpg

12-16-2009 10:03 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
klempp
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-25-2009

Of course K-max was nice to Dr. Love!
I remember reading somewhere in a questionaire that kmax first "Christian" record was PPOTA, so you helped shape him to who he is today : )
12-16-2009 10:53 klempp is offline Send an Email to klempp Search for Posts by klempp Add klempp to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

quote:
Originally posted by klempp
Of course K-max was nice to Dr. Love!
I remember reading somewhere in a questionaire that kmax first "Christian" record was PPOTA, so you helped shape him to who he is today : )

I don't know that I would lay claim to that Doc.

12-16-2009 17:05 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Austin? San Antonio?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH