77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Alone Together » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Alone Together
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thumb Up! Alone Together Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Milli Vanilli beat aside, this is a great downer.

08-22-2009 23:34 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I prefer to think of AT as a great change-of-pace song. Cool Sometimes at work (where I listen to most of my tunes via iPod over lunch) I have a huge honkin headache, or I feel like scat. Tongue Along comes AT and I feel wonderful again. Big Grin

08-23-2009 11:03 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This and "I Want Never Gets" and "Holy Day" show you the range of Mike Roe and the 7's. How does one band do heavy rock, catchy jangle pop, acoustic rock, blues, gospel and a host of other styles, and do them all well?

08-23-2009 20:34 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

RE: Alone Together Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Milli Vanilli beat aside

I'd never thought of that... but now that you say it.... It's very true!

Still love the song, though...
08-24-2009 15:29 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
RE: Alone Together Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zing
quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Milli Vanilli beat aside

I'd never thought of that... but now that you say it.... It's very true!

Still love the song, though...

Yeah I doubt they sampled it directly from MV though. In fact, I don't even know if MV were the first group to use that beat. I was always under the impression that was some canned beat sampled by multiple groups. But, at least The 77s went on top of it with a real drummer, making the loop not as easily recognizable once A-Train steps in.

08-24-2009 16:17 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
colorblind
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

I love when Mike and the crew goes in this direction.
I think that Fun With Sound takes this vibe a step further and creates deeper atmosphere with it.
I think all the almost cheesy cheap Top40 beats that appear on "Alone Together" and some of the Safe As Millk stuff is what drew me in years ago.
I'm glad they revisited this with "Related"...

77's pop songs are the sound of heaven...as far as I'm concerned.
08-25-2009 10:22 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Alone Together

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH