77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Cafepress shirts » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cafepress shirts
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

Cafepress shirts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Audiori's, or those who've ordered the CP shirts.....

Question about the Island release black shirts. Do you know if the cover blends in with the shirt, giving it a more "natural" appearance, or is there a distinct difference between the shade of black in the shirt and the cover design? Thinking about picking one up for my brother for Christmas, and was just curious.
10-20-2007 22:18 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't ordered one of those yet, so I'm not sure. We're still kind of testing out the dark shirts. Its a new thing for CafePress as well.

I did order a couple of Swirling Eddies dark shirts for Cstone and they looked good. They were just green and grey though.. no black.

Are you wanting the black of the image to be just transparent - so the shirt black is the black of the image? If that makes sense.. ? If thats what you're wanting, I could easily make a design like that. Currently, the image on the dark shirt is the same as the image on the white shirt for that design.

I really like the look of the Orbis Dark shirts.. especially the ones with the transparent "white."

Anyone else try one of the dark shirts yet?
10-20-2007 22:53 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by TJ 2.0
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

my brother had a Sticks and Stones shirt from back in the day, and he bought me an Island shirt back when the boys first made them available a.....LONG time ago, so if the CP shirts had that "transparent" feel, i was actually looking at getting him an Island release shirt, and picking myself up a S&S shirt.
10-21-2007 14:09 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Administrator

OK, thats easy enough.. I'll let you know when the designs are up.
10-21-2007 15:01 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by TJ 2.0

awesome. thanks man.
10-21-2007 16:55 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Administrator

OK, there are now black mens, womens and childrens 77s Island shirts.. the pure black is transparent.
10-21-2007 17:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Curious if there was any thought about making stiched hats with 77's logo, using the new Infistich products on Cafepress. Thought it might be pretty good looking, and personally I'm hoping some of the band logos could be available like that sometime. Or, were the baseball hats just not great sellers before?

12-09-2008 15:44 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Administrator

I was planning to try that out... the old hats were pretty cheap from what I've heard. I wanted to test out the new ones before we put anything up officially.
12-09-2008 16:24 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
me-is-e

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I was planning to try that out... the old hats were pretty cheap from what I've heard. I wanted to test out the new ones before we put anything up officially.

I hate to say this, but as someone who bought one of the old hats, I can attest to that. If it is good quality, I would definately go for a 77's or Lost Dogs hat. Glad to hear it might be coming!

12-09-2008 17:39 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

What old hats are we talking about? The hats with the EP logo on them were great, I still have one that I bought way back then, that I still wear on a regular basis and other than being a little worn, it's still in good shape.

If there just happened to be a couple of those turn up in the bottom of a box somewhere, give me a shout, I'll buy a couple of them.

~Saint Augustine~

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 77sfan: 12-09-2008 19:50.

12-09-2008 19:50 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

I had an old 77s baseball cap hat I bought from the store. It was white with a black rim and had the 77s logo in black on the front. It was my fav hat for a while, but eventually got really dirty - especially after my 2005 trip to Coachella. I was kind of bummed when I got back into the store and saw that it wasn't there anymore. Frown

I need to invest in large versions of the Sticks and Stones and Island Records self titled shirts. I bought an XL version of the latter a long time ago and have since scaled back to wearing large. I don't know why I ever wore XL. Made no sense.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 12-09-2008 20:19.

12-09-2008 20:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
me-is-e

When the 77's cafepress webstore first started, there some baseball hats offered with the plain, black 77's logo (block type) offered there. The cafepress description didn't really give this detail, but the body of the hat I got ended up being made of nylon type material (like a windbreaker jacket) and had the logo ironed on. I don't want o come off as a major complainer about it, but it was dissappointing. The new additions are an embroidary design offered on hats that are described as 'jean material'.

Anyway, all around sounds like a fairly quality type of hat to have the 7's logo on. I can appreciate the idea of doing a product 'test drive' though, certainly. Makes it more encouraging to buy later, for me anyway.

12-09-2008 21:39 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by 77sfan
What old hats are we talking about? The hats with the EP logo on them were great, I still have one that I bought way back then, that I still wear on a regular basis and other than being a little worn, it's still in good shape.

I was talking specifically about the early CafePress hats. We had reports that they were sort of cheaply made.

Kit - was the hat you were talking about a CafePress hat? If so, I can probably add it again if it was worth while. We just didn't want to be selling cheapo hats if thats what they were.
12-09-2008 21:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Yeah, it was from CafePress. I don't know how soon I'd buy one if you put it back in there. But I will say that a cool, unique, baseball-type cap is hard to come by these days for me given I'm not into sports.

12-09-2008 21:54 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Administrator

Well, it'd be there when you wanted it anyway. I'm just glad to hear that some of those older hats were worthwhile.
12-09-2008 23:34 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

quote:
quote:

I was talking specifically about the early CafePress hats. We had reports that they were sort of cheaply made.

Kit - was the hat you were talking about a CafePress hat? If so, I can probably add it again if it was worth while. We just didn't want to be selling cheapo hats if thats what they were.

So, any chance you guys have an old 77s hat with the EP logo on it still hanging around somewhere?

~Saint Augustine~
12-10-2008 05:38 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
quote:
quote:

So, any chance you guys have an old 77s hat with the EP logo on it still hanging around somewhere?

That's the one I would want!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
12-10-2008 05:39 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Administrator

No originals. I think most of the EP merch was gone before we set up our store.
12-10-2008 06:37 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

Dang, well somebody needs to search the vaults.

~Saint Augustine~
12-10-2008 20:00 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Sounds to me like this particular hat needs to be reproduced! I would buy one in a heart beat! Jobless or not!!!!!

$$$$$$$ for Doc Love and the boys???????????

12-10-2008 21:17 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Cafepress shirts

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH