77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike & Derri album » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike & Derri album
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Mike & Derri album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was re-reading the liner notes in "It's For You" the other day, and I noticed the bit about Terry interupting Mike and Derri when they were trying to record (or write) an album together. I remember when this was announced back in '97(?), but never heard anything about it again. So.....

What happened? Did Derri and Terry make "Island Dreams" instead? Big Grin

04-21-2008 09:39 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Mike & Derri album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This 'album' became Derri's "A Few Unfinished Songs" EP ...
04-21-2008 11:40 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
This 'album' became Derri's "A Few Unfinished Songs" EP ...

Had no idea...

Now, I'm going to have to buy the download from The Choir's site! I'd always meant to get it.

04-21-2008 11:56 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

jeffrey may have a few......

i'd shoot him an e-mail, if you're interested in a hard-copy.

04-21-2008 12:06 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922

Cool.

Are the songs actually finished, or do they just trail of? Big Grin

Are any of the songs co-written by the Dr., or are they all Derri, words and all?

04-21-2008 12:36 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i haven't spun it in a while....... and i can't remember the notes....

but it's a darn fine CD, and one i am glad to own...... the songs seem quite finished to me. Big Grin

04-21-2008 12:48 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Derri Down Pip Pip Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm only on one of the songs I think.
07-13-2008 15:33 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love

quote:

So...this kind of made me think about a question I've been curious about for a while.

When you guys (the dogs, or just two of you, like "All Day Sing") make a record, how do you decide who does what, and do you try to colaborate on tunes? Most of the tunes are credited to just one person (usually Terry), although there certainly are exceptions. Is it just easier to have Terry do most of it, or do you prefer that, or what? I'm curious! Mike, do you like to write with other people, or do you prefer to write by yourself?

I'm always interested in the creative process of songwriters. I like to write songs, but have never really been able to write with anyone else.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 07-13-2008 20:16.

07-13-2008 20:15 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:

So...this kind of made me think about a question I've been curious about for a while.

When you guys (the dogs, or just two of you, like "All Day Sing") make a record, how do you decide who does what, and do you try to colaborate on tunes? Most of the tunes are credited to just one person (usually Terry), although there certainly are exceptions. Is it just easier to have Terry do most of it, or do you prefer that, or what? I'm curious! Mike, do you like to write with other people, or do you prefer to write by yourself?

I'm always interested in the creative process of songwriters. I like to write songs, but have never really been able to write with anyone else.

I'm the opposite - I've been enjoying writing songs some too, but I always get stuck somewhere, and think I'd do better having someone to bounce ideas off of. I don't think I trust my own opinion enough.

It would be cool for Terry or the Dogs to do a song writing clinic before one of their shows. Maybe Mike could do a guitar clinic and Terry could do a song writing clinic. Derry could stand there and just look pretty. Tongue

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 07-14-2008 06:11.

07-14-2008 06:07 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:

I didn't want to bury markymark77's question. It's more important than anything I had to say.

07-17-2008 14:13 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List

quote:

Bump.

07-22-2008 13:16 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike & Derri album

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH