77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » roe in nashville.... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page roe in nashville....
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

roe in nashville.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

no, i didn't drive up.... but from this review off the listserv, i sure wish i had.....

On 4/13/08, Moon dancer wrote:
>
> yes -- went to the nashville show this afternoon.
>
> mostly stuff from the new cd. he did do ache beautiful with matt slocum
> on cello -- was so beautiful!
>
> also joining mike were jimmy a, phil madeira, and steve hindalong.
>
> good little house concert -- and as i told a friend, a nice way to spend
> a sunday afternoon.
>
> peace,
> z

jimmy, phil, steve, slocum, AND roe?

good lord.... please tell me JJT recorded this thing!!!

04-14-2008 03:09 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I will post more later, but right now Mike and I are getting readly to leave for the next show...so not much time....but yeah...

Yesterday was an amazing show. On the way into town Mike started calling friends, and within the next couple hours Jimmy Abegg, Phil, Matt Slocum, and Steve H. all showed up with instruments in hand. They crowded into Johns living room and kitchen, and just let it rip. This little paragraph can't do the day justice, but it really was beautiful. To close the show, Matt Slocum played cello to accompany Mike on "Ache Beautiful"...and it was gorgeous. More on all this later, including crappy camera phone pics I took.

And no, it wasn't recorded. We captured 2 complete songs on a small camera, but like most things that should be filmed, this wasn't!

One last thing....former 77, Jan Eric was in the crowd, and it was great to see him!

more later....

Please come out and see Mike on this tour....you won't be sorry!

jeffrey k.

04-14-2008 07:20 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by larryl
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

another review.... with videos!!!! (from nashville) here:

http://www.nordreport.blogspot.com/

04-16-2008 03:06 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Skevin Skevin is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-492.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks & Stones

I'm sick to my stomach that I missed this. I had no idea. And it was the day after my birthday. I live in Nashville but had no clue. Is there a way to get notifications for events like this???
06-22-2008 10:36 Skevin is offline Send an Email to Skevin Search for Posts by Skevin Add Skevin to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Skevin: k7t7
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Upcoming shows are announced here on the board, the 77s.com shows page, the 77s news list and myspace pages.

Although, I'm not certain but this might have been a semi-private show since it took place in JTT's living room. A lot of times, living room shows are.
06-22-2008 11:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Very cool link! Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 06-22-2008 12:30.

06-22-2008 12:27 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Although, I'm not certain but this might have been a semi-private show since it took place in JTT's living room. A lot of times, living room shows are.

This one wasn't. They had tickets up to the day of the show, and it was promoted like all the other shows on the tour.

Like Eric said, the best way to keep up to date on shows is to check the message board, the 77s.com "shows" page, and/or join the 77s news list...visit the bands myspace page. It all works....

jeffrey k.

06-22-2008 12:46 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Skevin Skevin is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-492.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks & Stones

I subscribed to the list. That's what I was looking for. Some way to get an announcement of things to come. Thanks.
06-22-2008 14:13 Skevin is offline Send an Email to Skevin Search for Posts by Skevin Add Skevin to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Skevin: k7t7
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » roe in nashville....

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH