77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » when numbers get serious???? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page when numbers get serious????
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

when numbers get serious???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

when and where were the live tracks for the bonus disc recorded???
02-27-2008 17:30 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

RE: when numbers get serious???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I had thought that there was a rumor going around that a track or two came from Joplin, MO, but you know how those rumors go....

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-27-2008 17:41 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

When Numbers Get Serious Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
when and where were the live tracks for the bonus disc recorded???

This information is listed inside the back panel of the disc. If you don't have it, you can read my re-typing of this information below:

1. The Days To Come
2. Paint It Black
Both recorded 3/7/87 Sacramento, CA
3. This is The Way Love Is - 9/11/92 Chino, CA
4. Alone Together - 2/13/96 Sacramento, CA
5. Flowers In The Sand
6. Snowblind
7. Outskirts
All three recorded 11/5/99 Carthage, MO
8. Woody - 10/26/99 Upland, IN
9. Nobody's Fault But Mine - 9/22/96 St. Louis, MO
10. Pick Up the Pieces - 2/13/96 Sacramento, CA
11. Honesty
12. Dave's Blues
Both recorded 3/29/98 Chico, CA
13. God Sends Quails - 9/13/97 - Campbell, CA
14. Pearls Before Swine - 3/13/98 - Campbell, CA
15. Bridge of Sighs - 4/17/98 - Sacramento, CA
16. Saved - 3/13/98 - Campbell, CA

Hope that helps.

02-27-2008 21:02 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

RE: when numbers get serious???? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
I had thought that there was a rumor going around that a track or two came from Joplin, MO, but you know how those rumors go....

Ok...Carthage, which is 16 miles east of Joplin, and it was three, instead of a track or two...

Big Grin

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-28-2008 05:19 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
colorblind
Someone New

Registration Date: 02-27-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So, is Outskirts, Flowers In The Sand and Snowblind the same recording that's on 99?
02-28-2008 06:46 colorblind is offline Send an Email to colorblind Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
So, is Outskirts, Flowers In The Sand and Snowblind the same recording that's on 99?

No. The only song on 99 that was ever previously released is "Pearls Before Swine/Blood & Roses..." which was released on the very limited edition fan club CD Guilty Pleasures.... So few people actually got that CD, so it made sense to both Mike and myself to include it on 99 as part of the show it originated from.

All of 99 was taken from a show on 11/3/99 in St. Louis Mo, at Christ's Church. The versions of "Outskirts," "Flowers In The Sand," and "Snowblind" found on Numbers all come from a totally different show at Marlin Perkins Auditorium in Carthage Mo from 11/5/99.

jeffrey k.

02-28-2008 07:18 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Wild Kingdom Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Marlin Perkins" Auditorium -- hahaha......that's actually Doctor's 'interpretive' version of the name.

If there's anyone from Carthage on the board, they can better explain why I named it that. There is a very good reason and it escapes me, but Mr. Perkins is mos def part of it.
02-28-2008 15:21 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

RE: Wild Kingdom Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
"Marlin Perkins" Auditorium -- hahaha......that's actually Doctor's 'interpretive' version of the name.

If there's anyone from Carthage on the board, they can better explain why I named it that. There is a very good reason and it escapes me, but Mr. Perkins is mos def part of it.

You guys played the Precious Moments chapel?

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-28-2008 15:35 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Doctor Love

RE: Wild Kingdom Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, I don't think so. It was an old hall downtown.

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

You guys played the Precious Moments chapel?
02-28-2008 16:27 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

from central park near carthage memorial hall:

02-28-2008 16:50 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
Doctor Love

gah.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is that Marlin?

quote:
Originally posted by Gur

02-28-2008 17:19 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

No, it is Kate Bush.
02-28-2008 17:20 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by Gur
No, it is Kate Bush.

Well...

~Saint Augustine~

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by 77sfan: 02-28-2008 17:44.

02-28-2008 17:22 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Pfiagra Pfiagra is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-125.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Gur

Hmm...Shouldn't this statue show Marlin sitting safely in the helicoptor while Jim was out wrasslin' the wild kingdom?
03-01-2008 09:19 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin_Perkins

Marlin Perkins was born on March 28, 1905 in Carthage, Missouri, and attended public school there through eighth grade.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-01-2008 10:54 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

He learned that much about animals without a HS education?
03-01-2008 11:05 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

In the fall of 1919, he entered Wentworth Military Academy, where he kept two blue racer snakes in his room. One afternoon, while exercising them on a lawn back of the barracks, he was spotted by a faculty officer and got in trouble for handling them. He briefly attended the University of Missouri, but quit school to become a laborer at the St. Louis Zoo. It was the start of a brilliant zoological career. He rose through the ranks, becoming the reptile curator in 1928. He was hired as a curator of the Buffalo Zoological Park in Buffalo, New York in 1938, and eventually promoted to director. He served as director at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago, Illinois from 1944 until 1962, then returned to the Saint Louis Zoological Park as director in 1962. Perkins joined Sir Edmund Hillary as the zoologist for one of Hillary's Himalayan expeditions in 1960 to search for the legendary Yeti.

Perkins was the host of Zoo Parade, a television program that originated from the Lincoln Park Zoo when he was the director there.[1] During his career, Perkins suffered multiple bites from venomous snakes. During a rehearsal of Zoo Parade, he was bitten by a timber rattlesnake. In other incidents, he was also bitten by a cottonmouth and a Gaboon viper.[2] Later he became host of Wild Kingdom when it debuted in 1963. Through his fame on television, he became an advocate for the protection of endangered species. He retired from zookeeping in 1970.

Although Walt Disney had fabricated footage of a mass suicide of lemmings in its film White Wilderness,[3] Marlin Perkins punched a reporter, Bob McKeown, who asked questions about whether wildlife films were inaccurately staged.[4] Perkins died of cancer in 1986. In 1990 he was inducted into the St. Louis Walk of Fame. A statue of Perkins also stands in Central Park in his hometown of Carthage, Missouri.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-01-2008 13:26 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » when numbers get serious????

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH