77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Echos O' Faith » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Echos O' Faith 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bert bert is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-15-2005
Favorite 77s album: sticks n' stones

Echos O' Faith Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is there any chance this might be re-released soon(ish)? I'd sure like a copy!

Bert!

08-15-2005 09:19 bert is offline Send an Email to bert Search for Posts by bert Add bert to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Echos O' Faith Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bert

Bert!

soon(ish)?

I like it Cool

any re-releases or MoRe FuN With SounD on the horizon ?

08-23-2005 11:31 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Echos would be a cool reissue... always loved that disc. It'd be nice to get it remastered and rereleased.
08-23-2005 11:39 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Echos would be a cool reissue... always loved that disc. It'd be nice to get it remastered and rereleased.

Are there any tracks that were left off the original that could be put on the re-issue as bonus tracks????
08-23-2005 11:46
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

if I am not mistaking - they backed up DAS (B. Healy) at that show...

so if no other 7's tracks are hanging around... the DAS stuff would be a fun little bonus.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

08-23-2005 11:55 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
if I am not mistaking - they backed up DAS (B. Healy) at that show...

so if no other 7's tracks are hanging around... the DAS stuff would be a fun little bonus.

~f

Bring it on, I'll vouch for 3 copies right now.
08-23-2005 12:06
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

No clue on that one.. Mike or Mark will have to answer if they see it.
08-23-2005 12:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

this is one of my favorite 77s CDs........

great sound, great songs, hindie on drums....

09-19-2005 16:11 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

I love this CD. It's one of my favorites. If you reissue it, look into whether you can raise the sound level. It's one of those with a quieter sound level like Mark Heard's High Noon.

When this came out, I remember reading that there would be plenty available for a very long time.

I once had this particular CD stolen from me. I was on vacation at my in-laws' house and while we went out to eat someone broke into the house and stole this CD. The thief only stole some jewelry and my bag of CD's. Crying Luckily I had a second copy at home.

Moral: Buy two copies of 77's CD's. It may help you out and it definitely helps Mike out.

10-10-2005 10:46 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Echoes 'O Echos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
I love this CD. It's one of my favorites. If you reissue it, look into whether you can raise the sound level. It's one of those with a quieter sound level like Mark Heard's High Noon.

>>>> I believe the reason for this was that Mark's bass was actually the loudest sound on the tape, so we had to use the bass as the tonal and gain center. Keep in mind that this was a one-track mono recording and no re-mixing was possible, so we did the best we could to just make it sound real lively and as
'present' as possible without killing the bass.

When this came out, I remember reading that there would be plenty available for a very long time.

>>>> there were!!

I once had this particular CD stolen from me. I was on vacation at my in-laws' house and while we went out to eat someone broke into the house and stole this CD. The thief only stole some jewelry and my bag of CD's. Crying Luckily I had a second copy at home.

Moral: Buy two copies of 77's CD's. It may help you out and it definitely helps Mike out.

>>>> very smart man. Actually, we're trying to get this one re-released as we speak, so there's hope in them thare hills!
10-12-2005 11:30 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
j77
unregistered
RE: Echoes 'O Echos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

>>>> I believe the reason for this was that Mark's bass was actually the loudest sound on the tape, so we had to use the bass as the tonal and gain center. Keep in mind that this was a one-track mono recording and no re-mixing was possible, so we did the best we could to just make it sound real lively and as
'present' as possible without killing the bass.

>>>> there were!!

>>>> very smart man. Actually, we're trying to get this one re-released as we speak, so there's hope in them thare hills!

Any extra's on the re-release???????????
10-12-2005 11:37
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Echoes 'O Echos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

>>>Any extra's on the re-release???????????

Nope. What's on there is the whole show. All we edited out was just time waste between songs. Dang, it's 80 minutes long! Oh jeez i almost forgot what a hassle it was to get an 80 minute CD out. Here we go again with all that....ugh!!! Mad
10-12-2005 12:37 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

i buy three of every release of the beloved 77's....

one for the doc to sign, one to stay sealed and one to put in the cd player...

Cool

didn't you guys back up DAS on that show @ echo's o faith?

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

10-12-2005 15:16 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
i buy three of every release of the beloved 77's....

one for the doc to sign, one to stay sealed and one to put in the cd player...

Cool

didn't you guys back up DAS on that show @ echo's o faith?

~f

You're close enough for the doc to get them signed. Unfortunately, I am not. Crying

10-12-2005 16:42 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 10-13-2004

quote:
Actually, we're trying to get this one re-released as we speak, so there's hope in them thare hills!

nice! Big Grin any other reissues on their way as well ?
10-13-2005 02:18 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
pass the bacon
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-440.jpg

Registration Date: 08-27-2007
Favorite 77s album: that really, really good one

RE: Echos O' Faith Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bert

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

Actually, we're trying to get this one re-released as we speak, so there's hope in them thare hills!

BUMP!

"We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us, we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be" - C.S. Lewis
08-27-2007 20:34 pass the bacon is offline Send an Email to pass the bacon Search for Posts by pass the bacon Add pass the bacon to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

I went over to try to listen to some of the album on the site, and it's evidently still not working (or not working for me, anyway). I've never had a copy of that one.

08-27-2007 20:54 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Echos O' Faith

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH