77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Last Box Set 1-2-3 in existence is mine... » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Last Box Set 1-2-3 in existence is mine... 6 Votes - Average Rating: 7.006 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

The Last Box Set 1-2-3 in existence is mine... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cost me $130, but dang, it's worth it. Picked up the last copy of the 1-2-3 Box Set in the known universe. Haven't heard All Fall Down (I own it on vinyl) in probably a decade. I've never heard the s/t Island release or Ping Pong...and I consider myself a big-time 7s fan.

I beg the forgiveness of the 7s powers-that-be, especially that of Dr. Love.

I shall make penance by banging my head with reckless abandon when this set arrives. Cool

Late. Stay cool. Big Grin

02-21-2006 05:00 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i've seen it go for under 50 on ebay...
in the last year.....

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
02-21-2006 05:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Unbalanced

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ping Pong Over the Abyss
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I kinda don't do business with e-bay. Heard too many bad things about them.

But that $50 price sounded pretty nice. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ping Pong Over the Abyss: 02-21-2006 05:57.

02-21-2006 05:55 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ping Pong Over the Abyss

Roll Eyes

jeffrey k.

02-21-2006 07:06 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Hey Ping Pong,

I'm glad you got yourself a copy! Although the price may seem a bit high, it is hard to come by and I would not have played the waiting game trying to get one for $50 on ebay. Christ will return before you find a copy of it for $50 on ebay again.

If you think about it, it is really an investment. It is bound to increase in value over time. Now put on your 80's gear and crank it up!

02-21-2006 07:52 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

RE: The Last Box Set 1-2-3 in existence is mine... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Cost me $130, but dang, it's worth it.

all things considered... that would be a DeaL at twice the price
02-21-2006 07:54 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered
RE: The Last Box Set 1-2-3 in existence is mine... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, just so you know this isn't the last copy in existence. Tongue

Not to rub it in, but I have two copies. Big Grin
02-21-2006 08:52
herringostarr herringostarr is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-420.jpg

Registration Date: 09-03-2005

I bought a copy of "All Fall Down" a few years ago on eBay and the seller included the 1-2-3 booklet. I personally love eBay...But like anything, you gotta be careful for bad apples.

Pleased

02-21-2006 10:03 herringostarr is offline Send an Email to herringostarr Search for Posts by herringostarr Add herringostarr to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

I, too, have heard that that was not the last known sealed box in existence.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mark: 02-21-2006 10:48.

02-21-2006 10:40 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

quote:
Originally posted by j77

Perhaps you'd like to share with the class, then???

(said he who was poised to purchase five copies at "the discount given to radio types" when Via put it out, but didn't, and has kicked himself in the arse ever since)

;p

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
02-21-2006 22:45 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
Unbalanced

Heh. This thread's getting far more publicity than I anticipated.Smile

Thanks for the advice/sharing info stuff, guys. (Please don't take my initial post too seriously, btw. It was only intended to be non-exhaustive and very tongue-in-cheek...)

Now, the only thing separating me from the rest of the 77s/7 & 7 Is collection would be More Miserable...

Late, dudes. Stay cool. Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ping Pong Over the Abyss: 02-22-2006 03:11.

02-22-2006 03:10 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Unbalanced

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
quote:

Roll Eyes

jeffrey k.

Wha--? Was it something I said? Big Grin

02-22-2006 03:16 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Heh. This thread's getting far more publicity than I anticipated.Smile

Thanks for the advice/sharing info stuff, guys. (Please don't take my initial post too seriously, btw. It was only intended to be non-exhaustive and very tongue-in-cheek...)

Now, the only thing separating me from the rest of the 77s/7 & 7 Is collection would be More Miserable...

Late, dudes. Stay cool. Cool

Well, I think I have two, maybe three copies of More Miserable. I know one of them is sealed.

Do you have the 7&7is box set? Oh, and there are a few singles out there that are more rare than any of the studio releases.

I would love for someone to post an exhaustive list of all the singles and any other foreign released stuff, like the Sparks version of S&S.
02-22-2006 07:59
VeeDub VeeDub is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005

I do not have an exhaustive list, but recently compiled this "minimalist discography." If your goal is to land all of the 77s' released music without unnecessary duplication (for example, you don't need "EP" if you have "Late,") then you need these releases by the band, listed newest first:

Fun With Sound (7&7 iS)
Guilty Pleasures
Direct
Happy Chrimbo!
A Golden Field Of Radioactive Crows
Late
Radioactive Singles
8ighty 8ight / When Numbers Get Serious
Echos O' Faith
1 2 3
Tom Tom Blues
Drowning With Land In Sight
The Seventy Sevens [Pray Naked]
More Miserable Than You'll Ever Be (original credited to 7&7 iS; remaster, to 77s)
Sticks And Stones
Sticks And Stones (Spark Music, Europe) (for 1986 mix-down of "You Walked In The Room," differs from mix completed for Broken)

Then you need the following various artists compilations to grab every last morsel. I have listed the tracks unique to each title:

Boot Level (CD version)
Mercy Mercy [demo]
Good Directions
Smokescreen

Shirley, Goodness & Misery
When The Victims Control (SHARON MCCALL w/ SCRATCH BAND)
Wild Boys (SCRATCH BAND w/ STEVE SCOTT)
Thief Song (SCRATCH BAND)
Unsatisfied (SCRATCH BAND)
Someone New [alternate extended remix]

Flevo Totaal Festival: Live Tapes Volume 1
I Can't Get Over It

Live At Cornerstone 2000: Greatest Hits
Tattoo
Woody
Rocks In Your Head

I think that's everything. This excludes "radio edits" that have cropped up.

There is plenty of crossover as well. For example, additional cuts on Boot Level (not listed here) wound up on 1 2 3. Also, the "7&7 iS box" is covered by More Miserable, Sticks, and "Unsatisfied" from Shirley, so it doesn't make this list.

Hope that helps!
02-22-2006 16:36 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by j77

I would love for someone to post an exhaustive list of all the singles and any other foreign released stuff, like the Sparks version of S&S.

If you re-read my post you will see I'm looking for a list of the singles and any other special or foreign things. I have all of the items in the above list and then some except for the Flevo Total Festival: Live Tapes Vol. 1.
02-22-2006 17:31
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

not exhaustive but here are two singles that I have...
Someone New 12" single. Someone New side 1 and Someone new extended version side 2.
Mercy, Mercy 12in single with ba-ba-ba as the b-side

Was I ever on the inside?
02-22-2006 18:43 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Not to continue rubbing it in, but I have way more than all of you. Not many, mind you -- maybe five or six for the archives, I think.

I have been tempted many times to autograph them and auction them off so I could get out of debt.

Should I do it?

p.s. this is not to mention the highly collectible vinyl stuff I have -- all of the first three albums, including the Euro "All Fall Down" with different colors on the cover AND Ping Pong & All Fall on A&M Records!! All of that plus every kind of foreign version of everything in every configuration, plus test pressings and the whole bit. Calling all high bidders -- let's get Doctor out of debt once and for freakin' all! Cool

quote:
Originally posted by j77

Cool
02-22-2006 19:23 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
j77
unregistered

Well, duh. Of course you have stuff none of us have. I'd love to help you out but I fear the bidding would get out of hand. Shocked
02-22-2006 19:25
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

No kidding. Shocked They would probably be too pricey for me.

Was I ever on the inside?
02-22-2006 19:59 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
VeeDub VeeDub is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 05-06-2005

quote:
Originally posted by j77
quote:
Originally posted by j77

If you re-read my post you will see I'm looking for a list of the singles and any other special or foreign things. I have all of the items in the above list and then some except for the Flevo Total Festival: Live Tapes Vol. 1.

I did read your post, but don't have that information or I would've tried to throw it in there. I thought my run-down might be of use to some reading this thread, and was not intended as a response to any particular post. Wish I did have some of the ol' vinyl singles, especially. Would be great to have a complete vinyl & CD discography, promotional and commercial, foreign and domestic!
02-22-2006 20:25 VeeDub is offline Send an Email to VeeDub Search for Posts by VeeDub Add VeeDub to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » The Last Box Set 1-2-3 in existence is mine...

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH