77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Lost Dogs - Tyler, TX » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - Tyler, TX
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Cool Lost Dogs - Tyler, TX Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lost Dogs - 7/2/06 - Vineyard Christian Fellowship - Tyler, TX

After debuting their 2006 tour in New Orleans, the Lost Dogs arrived at Vineyard Christian Fellowship (a hip church on the 2nd floor of a mall) in Tyler, TX. When Lisa & I arrived, they were playing John Davis' CD through the sound system (a very good omen). Homer Hiccolm & The Rocketboys opened and were pretty good. A younger band with a MySpace following, their sound reminded me of The Listening. After the youngsters left, the Dogs fans brought chairs to the front and readied ourselves for their show.

Derri Daugherty was first out, sporting locks 15 inches shorter. They opened with Wild Ride, If You Want To, A Vegas Story, and A Certain Love before they delved into their new material from The Lost Cabin And The Mystery Trees: Devil's Elbow and Broken Like Brooklyn. The banter was witty as usual. On this tour, they are rating convenience store snacks. Tom's Coconut Strips rate as the worst so far, although Terry Taylor was confused whether the one to ten rating was higher or lower. Controversy has already raised its ugly head in the snack ratings.

After a taste of the new material, they performed Rocky Mountain Mines and If You Loved Here. Mike Roe then dedicated the next song, No Room For Us, to Gene Eugene. The song was interesting musically, especially with Steve Hindalong's percussive toys. They followed with The Lust, The Flesh, The Eyes, And The Pride Of Life and Crushing Hand. After that, it was back to the new stuff. Only One Bum In Corona Del Mar was a fun, narrative, audience-participation number. Get Me Ready was a rocker in which Roe scorched the electric guitar. That's Where Jesus Is wrapped up the new material. The final song came as a surprise to me: Eleanor, It's Raining Now, one of my favorites. For an encore, they performed Imagine That followed by Ain't Gonna Fight It.

It was great visiting briefly during autograph sessions afterwards. My pen wasn't working for Derri, so he found a red sharpie (how fitting). Steve was surprised to see Skinny. He happily signed it, and said that he really enjoyed playing with these guys when I asked him his thoughts of officially being a Lost Dog now. Mike informed my wife that she needed to monitor my internet activities and also indicated that there was a story regarding Mama Orb (on the cover of It's For You) but he wouldn't go into that right now. Uncle Terry crossed out his name on Avocado Faultline and signed underneath it. He said he did that because that's how T.S. Eliot signed his name. I told him I wasn't familiar with Eliot's music. I asked him if it was the eggnog talking when he promised a new Daniel Amos and Swirling Eddies CD this year in his Christmas letter. He said there would be a new Eddies project but was unsure as to when they would all get together.

As expected, the entire experience was exhilarating. The next stop for the Dogs is the much anticipated Cornerstone Festival in Bushnell, IL. It will be a great show. On a personal note, I can now update MyProfile on MySpace and remove Terry Scott Taylor's name as someone I would like to meet.

07-03-2006 14:53 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I almost went to this.

"Mike informed my wife that she needed to monitor my internet activities..."

LOL

Big Grin Big Grin

07-03-2006 17:53 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Lost Dogs - Tyler, TX

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH