77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » PPOTA Song Order » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page PPOTA Song Order
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

PPOTA Song Order Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi all..... =jb= checking in.....

I couldn't find whether or not this question is answered on this forum or if it's all common knowledge (minue me), so I'll ask and risk the smack-down....

Why the song order change on PPOTA, original release vs. the 1-2-3 box set?

It drives me nuts everytime I see it...like putting in PPOTA in my cd-rom, and the auto lookup wants to give the wrong (err, revised) song order.

Anyone? Anyone? ("Bueller?")

Thanks.....

=jb=

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------

10-22-2004 16:22 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
Praying Naked

Thread Starter Thread Started by sirjakeyjake
RE: PPOTA Song Order Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, thanks everyone for looking at this post...anyone have answers? Theories? Was it something that just happened, did someone think the order was better, or ???

01-08-2005 20:53 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think it just got mixed up on the disc by mistake and no one caught it until it was too late.

Roll Eyes

01-08-2005 21:16 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Praying Naked

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey BD! Never thought of *that* one, that it was a mistake...I've tried to listen to the newer order, and it just doesn't flow like the first order. Thanks for your post!

P.s. I know this is for another thread, I'm sure, but has/will anything surface(d) about the Strawmen/77s show in Eugene this past July?

01-08-2005 22:09 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
BigDork
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by sirjakeyjake
Hey BD! Never thought of *that* one, that it was a mistake...I've tried to listen to the newer order, and it just doesn't flow like the first order. Thanks for your post!

I had to make a CDR with the correct order because it didn't sound right to play it in the wrong order.

quote:

P.s. I know this is for another thread, I'm sure, but has/will anything surface(d) about the Strawmen/77s show in Eugene this past July?

I've been wondering the same thing lately....

I'll shoot an email off and see if anyone knows something.

BD

01-09-2005 14:27 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Praying Naked

Thanks BD! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way about the song order. That's the only reason why I even posted it...I think the original order flows *way* better than the other.

01-18-2005 17:29 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

We've heard nothing about that show since it happened.
Mike might know how the footage and recording went.
01-18-2005 18:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

oops, I forgot about this thread.

I got an email from Steve and he said they haven't had time to do much with it yet...

so that's where it's at. Roll Eyes

I'm going to assume it will be buried for a long time... that's just they way things work out sometimes. I know, I've got stuff that like that too.

if nothing happens in the next couple of years, I can always make copies of the very crappy single shot from the back of the room out of focus overexposed poor sound quality missing a song or two footage that I have... probably not.

it's that bad

Steve did mention that what he has viewed looked pretty good so far. Hopefully out of 20+ tapes and the audio from Steve's laptop, they can at least come up with something. Even if it's only a few songs.

01-18-2005 21:28 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Greener Greener is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-21-2005

It's funny about perceptions... I never heard PPOTA until I got the 1-2-3 box set. So I've never heard it any other way. It sounds great to me... I thought they just had the songs labelled wrong!
01-23-2005 16:55 Greener is offline Send an Email to Greener Search for Posts by Greener Add Greener to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: PPOTA Song Order Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What the hell are you guys talking about? PING PONG is out of order??!!??

Now I know all about All Fall Down being out of order and I believe I explained that one on this board before, but PING PONG?? Good Lord.....you're telling me that I'm just now finding out about this after ten years?.....

Please God don't let it be true Crying
03-29-2005 10:56 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

according to my WiFe...

All of the 77s songs are out of order

03-29-2005 14:05 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
according to my WiFe...

Red Face Turn her around so that she's facing the other direction and all will become clear.

03-29-2005 14:09 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:
according to my WiFe...

Red Face Turn her around so that she's facing the other direction and all will become clear.

or turn it up louder

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
03-29-2005 14:11 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by 77 bc
quote:
Originally posted by Marti
quote:
according to my WiFe...

or turn it up louder

^ I tried both those... now she thinks I am a kinky deaf person, with poor taste in music...

03-29-2005 14:28 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love

Now I know all about All Fall Down being out of order and I believe I explained that one on this board before, but PING PONG?? Good Lord.....you're telling me that I'm just now finding out about this after ten years?.....

rest easy good doctor... my copy of ppota (from 123) is just as my vinyl - track order is in perfect order - and then the lovely bonus tracks.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

03-29-2005 15:21 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
BigDork
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by phreak
quote:

rest easy good doctor... my copy of ppota (from 123) is just as my vinyl - track order is in perfect order - and then the lovely bonus tracks.

~f

yes...

it is All fall Down that we are talking about here even if we keep referring to it as PPOTA. Roll Eyes

we knew one of them was screwed up Tongue

03-29-2005 15:35 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Whew! Thank you for clearing that up!

If anyone missed it, we swapped sides on All Fall Down because that was the original order before Word Records made us switch it backwards for "commercial" reasons...azziff they had any 'commercial' intentions towards the album whatsoever....

To this day I'm not sure now whether we should have switched the order on the CD version after all, since folks were used to it being the opposite way. I am also ashamed of my pseudo British-accented vocal on "Caught In An Unguarded Moment" but I was quite young and stupid at the time.
03-30-2005 01:14 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
BigDork
Happy Roy

quote:
but I was quite young and stupid at the time.

weren't we all Tongue

03-30-2005 05:52 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

i sorta like the 123 version of AFD...

although AFD was one of my most played albums... so sentimentally the lp version of the order is stuck in my synapses...

anyway - I have not monkeyed with my itunes and have listened many times and enjoyably at that to the 123 version and it has a definite vibe.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

03-30-2005 06:05 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
j77
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
but I was quite young and stupid at the time.

weren't we all Tongue

Especially you dorkboy. Big Grin
03-30-2005 06:06
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » PPOTA Song Order

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH