77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Island: The more I think about it - the more it sucks » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Island: The more I think about it - the more it sucks 3 Votes - Average Rating: 5.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Island: The more I think about it - the more it sucks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just what kind of bad timing is it to have your one big shot at mainstream success released 2 weeks before the biggest alternative rock album of the 80s on the same record label?

What a gyp.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

10-24-2004 00:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah... who doesn't own a copy (or several) of The Joshua Tree?? Confused
10-24-2004 03:13 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Me. But admittedly, 1) I bought it at the time, because the first 3 were so incredible and I hoped it wouldn't suck like The Unforgettable Fire (but it did), and 2) it'd be another 10 years before I'd even HEAR of the 77s.... Crying

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
10-24-2004 10:21 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Oh don't get me wrong, Joshua Tree is an awesome record.

10-24-2004 10:25 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Me. But admittedly, 1) I bought it at the time, because the first 3 were so incredible and I hoped it wouldn't suck like The Unforgettable Fire (but it did), and 2) it'd be another 10 years before I'd even HEAR of the 77s.... Crying

Roll Eyes

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
10-24-2004 11:20 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
dennis
Happy Roy

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

Roll Eyes

Carl is wrong on this post on every level! Mad
10-24-2004 16:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Which only figures! Tongue
10-24-2004 16:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah ... sucky

Long Live the 7's!

10-25-2004 08:47 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

Except the one that matters. Pleased

10-25-2004 08:54 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-413.gif

Registration Date: 09-13-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island/Sticks and Stones/88

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
quote:

Roll Eyes

agreed.

sombody get a rope......
10-25-2004 09:34 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey, I already apologized for the tone (although not the content Tongue ) of that Yankee thread.... Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Back OFF, Smokey! Mad

Tongue

10-25-2004 09:45 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

dis' baseball teams all ya want jersey, but you crossed the line dissing joshua tree!!! Mad

Tongue

facebook
10-25-2004 09:54 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

No, I didn't. They crossed the line RELEASING it. Red Face

So began two decades of sterility.... Crying

Tongue

P.S. to Joey: How much you wanna bet I'll have a novel waiting in my inbox when I get back to work Wednesday? Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by carl: 10-25-2004 09:58.

10-25-2004 09:56 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

as long as they don't monitor it like they "say they do" at my work.... Roll Eyes you'll just have a few deletes to tap... Wink
joshua tree is my second favorite album of all time, right after dfbb.....(both came out in '87 mmm hmm......)
i guess i don't think they really crossed the line until pop...... Red Face

and even that is a pretty good album! Pleased

facebook

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Joey T.: 10-25-2004 10:45.

10-25-2004 10:42 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

one fact:

Joshua Tree IS my fav album of all time

another fact:

I will NEVER own "Pop"
10-25-2004 11:09 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

delete discoteque and it's not such a bad album...... they have a few of them in the "used" cd bins cheap...... Red Face

facebook
10-25-2004 11:13 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
TJ 2.0
Flower in the Sand

i'd rather try to acquire another copy of 'zooropa', since i sold mine years back.

i NEED to get up on that iPod that's fully loaded with the U2 complete discography. that alone's worth the price of admission.
10-25-2004 11:18 TJ 2.0 is offline Send an Email to TJ 2.0 Homepage of TJ 2.0 Search for Posts by TJ 2.0 Add TJ 2.0 to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

I borrowed Zooropa from the library a few weeks ago, after ignoring it for years.

Turns out I was right the first time. Tongue

10-25-2004 11:23 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit

Pop is the only U2 album I really listen to nowadays. It has the most layers and longevity of any U2 album. Also, "Do You Feel Loved?" is probably the best song in the band's entire catalogue.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 10-25-2004 19:21.

10-25-2004 19:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

Carl sucks! Tongue
10-27-2004 12:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Island: The more I think about it - the more it sucks

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH