77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Old Angel/Route 66 DVD » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Old Angel/Route 66 DVD
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Old Angel/Route 66 DVD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just curious about the current plans for the Route 66 DVD. I remember mention of releasing it in conjunction with the album but wasn't sure of the next step. I apologize if I'm bringing this up sooner than planned-just curious and ready to buy. Big Grin

05-14-2010 23:26 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

RE: Old Angel/Route 66 DVD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by me-is-e
Just curious about the current plans for the Route 66 DVD. I remember mention of releasing it in conjunction with the album but wasn't sure of the next step. I apologize if I'm bringing this up sooner than planned-just curious and ready to buy. Big Grin

We were planning on releasing the CD and DVD together, but decided against it when we didn't have the resources to finish the DVD right away. We didn't want to make the fans wait any longer so released the CD now. The DVD is being worked on continually, but we do not have a release date yet.

Linda
05-15-2010 17:08 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Thread Starter Thread Started by me-is-e
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Ok, that certainly is understandable. I know they wanted to make it a quality product for more than "just the fan base" too. Will still be looking forward to it and waiting patiently. Thanks Linda.

05-15-2010 17:13 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did the DVD project get abandoned?
08-27-2012 07:01 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Old Angel DVD Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, we’re still in the planning stage for it.

It’s hard to understand how a film or video project can stall for years and years until you actually work on one and find out how expensive and time-consuming it is. We went into this blind with no budget, no script and an amateur camera and cameraman. We’re lucky we got anything on film at all.

At this point, we’re looking to make something like a ‘long form’ video of all the tunes on the album, interspersed with interviews, comedy bits, running gags and narration over still photos. Quite an undertaking, and we’d love to raise some money from the fans to help make this happen, but evidently we have already tapped the fans for this project once before. Turns out we bit off more than we could chew financially, as we had no real clue as to the realities of what making a feature length film actually costs.

Let’s just say that our goals for this project are far more modest and realistic now that we realize just exactly what we ended up steppin’ in ~~
08-28-2012 01:02 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

Thank you very very much for the update. It's been so long since anything was said and I couldn't find any updates anywhere. It'd been a year since "It Came From the Basement" which was meant to raise some money. So I was wondering if that resulted any any additional progress/funds.

I understand it must be a pretty frustrating project for you. Yeah, I participated in the donation program a few years back and also bought the top package of "Basement", hence my curiosity on the project status.

I also bought August and Everything Remastered, so maybe that will be few more pennies in your pocket.

Well, good luck and I'll just hope to be pleasantly surprised one of these days. I appreciate the music released by Lost Dogs et al even if sometimes we have to wait for it.
08-28-2012 06:26 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Old Angel/Route 66 DVD

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH