77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Gimme Shelter » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gimme Shelter
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

Gimme Shelter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doc, have the Sevens ever covered this Stones classic? You guys' rendition of Paint It Black still rocks the Casbah...this would also IMO. Cool

07-26-2012 12:57 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
BillyFartsallot
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like Holy Soldier's version. Ever heard it?
07-26-2012 13:32
Unbalanced

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ping Pong Over the Abyss
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yep, I gots it. And Ashley Cleveland's. Cool

07-26-2012 15:15 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

OH MY, Ping Pong - Listening to AC's version now. Gives me chills.
Got the Stones beat in my opinion. And about that 77s cover....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rod: 07-27-2012 07:54.

07-26-2012 21:54 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Although it could be cool...I'd rather they not go there. Let them continue to make their own brand of sonic goodness!

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-27-2012 19:43 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Unbalanced

BC, they've covered Zep, the Stones, the Yardbirds, and been inflluenced by other cool bands as well. Oh yeah--they also covered Barry McGuire. It isn't outside the realm of possibility IMO that Mike and the band live could sneak in GS hither and yon. Wink

07-28-2012 06:40 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

quote:
Originally posted by Ping Pong Over the Abyss
BC, they've covered Zep, the Stones, the Yardbirds, and been inflluenced by other cool bands as well. Oh yeah--they also covered Barry McGuire. It isn't outside the realm of possibility IMO that Mike and the band live could sneak in GS hither and yon. Wink

yeah, I am aware of that. Don't forget Chuck Berry and Elvis (happy chrimbo) and Velvet Underground. The issue that I have with covers is that they are always subject to comparison. I feel that they are generally more acceptable as a live recording romp through versus on a studio recording.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
07-28-2012 07:05 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Sometimes I'll hear a song and think, Man I wish the Dogs or 77s would cover it. I'd love to hear either band cover the 70s country song
"Six Days on the Road" by Dave Dudley.
07-28-2012 15:46 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Pop Go The Sixties Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I have played Gimme Shelter live a couple of times -- great tune.

Here is a really good TV performance of the Stones doing it in 1969 ~~

http://youtu.be/SBva-z1AsGk
07-29-2012 23:41 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Unbalanced

Cool

07-30-2012 01:31 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
BillyFartsallot
unregistered
RE: Pop Go The Sixties Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the drummer is incredibly stoned or disinterested. Or both. Mick is spastic as always. good clip
07-30-2012 09:16
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Pop Go The Sixties Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BillyFartsallot
the drummer is incredibly stoned or disinterested. Or both. Mick is spastic as always. good clip

Charlie Watts in 1969 = both stoned and disinterested ~~

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
charlie_watts.jpg

07-30-2012 22:57 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
BillyFartsallot
unregistered

My gosh - what more could the man want?? He looks like he just got drafted to play for Kmax!
08-01-2012 21:49
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Gimme Shelter

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH