77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bret 3B Bret 3B is a male
Mr. Magoo

Registration Date: 06-30-2004

Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great concert. Wish I could have been there. One of my favorites of this bootleg, is that since it's recorded from Freak's "audience mic", you hear him and someone else talking, when he's asked "is it rolling" or something to that effect.

Great show!!!

Kinda like the "Doublemint Twins"
08-03-2004 08:55 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
Mr. Magoo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bret 3B
RE: Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Listening to Mike talk about the "broken string & faked swear word" on Safe as Milk....

08-03-2004 09:07 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
j100xtraII
unregistered
RE: Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That's a great boot.
08-03-2004 09:10
Mr. Magoo

I have had it for a little while, but while I was "working" I didn't get a chance to sit and listen to the whole thing and "experience" it.

Now that I have some extra time, I am able to take it all in!!!

08-03-2004 09:11 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 08-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land In Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

glad you guys are enjoying it...

When I gave Mike a copy of it at the Dog's show in Derwood - he said, "that was the first night on the tour we felt like we really gelled and felt comfortable."

I think that it definitely worked.

Some great stories - I don't know if Mike was "talkative" or if he was covering for Mark getting his equipment working "right."

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

Christianity 101: love God; love others

08-03-2004 10:01 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Mr. Magoo

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Quite enjoyable.

"Don't, this way", to me, sounds much more fluid, in this recording, than it did in Springfield.

Gotta be one of my all time favorite 77's songs.

08-03-2004 10:09 Bret 3B is offline Send an Email to Bret 3B Homepage of Bret 3B Search for Posts by Bret 3B Add Bret 3B to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Bret 3B: fortydlux
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

quote:
Originally posted by Bret 3B

"Don't, this way", to me, sounds much more fluid, in this recording, than it did in Springfield.

well, I think the "electronic experiment" was a smashing success!!!

too bad you could hear me... my cackle and talking are a bit annoying.

I did a boot of the recent lost dogs show in derwood... it SUCKS - the guy comes and sits next to me and sang off key and destroyed 2/3rds of the show - I was able to move for the last third of the show...

The good news is that I was one of 8 cameras or so shooting the show... so hopefully a good video/audio boot will emerge soon.

~f

~ ffphreeack!! ~

08-03-2004 10:43 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Don't sounds great!

Mike was extremely loquacious that night when compared to Palo Alto.

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
08-05-2004 18:04 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Lovely Man Lovely Man is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Did somebody say "bootleg"? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How would one obtain a copy of the bootleg of this show? I was there with two good friends of mine and would like to get copies for all three of us, if possible.

bad bad breath (yuck)
09-17-2004 08:30 Lovely Man is offline Send an Email to Lovely Man Search for Posts by Lovely Man Add Lovely Man to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by phreak

The good news is that I was one of 8 cameras or so shooting the show... so hopefully a good video/audio boot will emerge soon.

~f

I would love a boot of the dogs show in derwood if you got a GooD one to share, also, along with Lovely Man the Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004 show PM me. thanks
09-17-2004 13:16 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Lovely Man Lovely Man is a male
Someone New

Hey there! About four months ago I posted on here and asked how I could get a copy of the bootleg of this show and nobody responded (which is like, SO un-Christian of y'all ) Anyhoo, I ask again -- how do you get a copy of the boot?

bad bad breath (yuck)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Lovely Man: 01-05-2005 07:54.

01-05-2005 07:53 Lovely Man is offline Send an Email to Lovely Man Search for Posts by Lovely Man Add Lovely Man to your Buddy List
phreak phreak is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

I am the pagan who ignores such pleads....

pm me and I make no promises... but I will try to comply...

Cool

~ ffphreeack!! ~

01-07-2005 09:27 phreak is offline Send an Email to phreak Search for Posts by phreak Add phreak to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of phreak: doug77@mac.com
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » Mike & Mark, Richmond, VA 3-26-2004

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH