77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Michael Gregory?!? (77s DVD Trainspotter Question #2) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Michael Gregory?!? (77s DVD Trainspotter Question #2)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

Michael Gregory?!? (77s DVD Trainspotter Question #2) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OK, who the heck is Michael Gregory??

(I'm the guy who is having Christmas in September 'cuz I just snagged the only available used copy of the 77s Collection DVD in the universe, and I have another Trainspotter Question):

Who is this big, hairy Michael Gregory fellow who plays these astounding guitar solos with Mike & Co. during the 1997 "Safe as Milk" Cornerstone show?

I'd heard the audio back when I bought the CD of the show, but didn't realize it wasn't the good Doctor until I was re-living the thing on DVD (and being reminded what a fantastic concert it is). Time and again during the show, here's this hulk of a man ripping off one sterling, tasteful solo after another, seemingly without too much effort.

The only thing about him I can find on this board is from last year when Doc identified him as the mandolin soloist on "Blue All Over." Wikipedia and IMDB weren't any help since there are several different people in music and movies who go by the same handle.

Someone give me the skinny; I'm very impressed.
09-21-2010 08:11 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Michael Gregory?!? (77s DVD Trainspotter Question #2) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don’t know if I can give you the ‘skinny’, but I will say that Michael Gregory is one of the most astonishing players I have ever had the privilege of working with (the Safe As Milk performance is about 1% of what he is capable of …. seriously) and one of the nicest guys on the planet.

Some folks might remember him from the old time Steve Carl Band from the early 80’s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyKXB0zg_yM

For more evidence of Gregory’s multi-leveled chops, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz5YmenO9Nk&feature=related

For his one one-sheet resume:

http://www.webspawner.com/users/michaelgregory/

Basically, on guitar he is one very sick MOFO ~~ Cool
09-21-2010 14:39 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Robinbrevard Robinbrevard is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-20-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by Robinbrevard
RE: Michael Gregory?!? (77s DVD Trainspotter Question #2) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
I don’t know if I can give you the ‘skinny’, ...

Admittedly, not the best choice of words for the guy...

But thanks for the info!
09-21-2010 17:53 Robinbrevard is offline Search for Posts by Robinbrevard Add Robinbrevard to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Michael Gregory?!? (77s DVD Trainspotter Question #2)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH