77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » snake » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page snake
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
killer
Someone New

Registration Date: 01-21-2005

snake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got "Drowning with Land in Sight" about a week ago from a friend. This is one album I've overlooked for a while. It's a loud one, and I like it. I'm curious about the lyrics to "snake". What is this song all about. Snake reminds me of an Alice Cooper song. Don't know if this is good or bad. Anyways, I hope a more experienced 77s fan could help me out on this one.

01-30-2005 17:33 killer is offline Send an Email to killer Search for Posts by killer Add killer to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Question RE: snake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

this song always hits me like a ton of bricks.... my take on it is the snake is sin? Confused

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
10-01-2009 12:58 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I thought it was about sin, or sin creeping up on you. I remember the good Doctor saying that he wrote it quickly (or wrote the lyrics quickly), and it was done while in a donut shop. Also said something about it sounding like 'Ozzy Osbourne on reds'. I could see Alice Cooper too. Oh, and one with a video too, but can't remember much there at the moment.

Drowning was a favorite album of mine (still is), so definitely hope you enjoy. Cool

10-01-2009 13:14 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

RE: snake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
this song always hits me like a ton of bricks.... my take on it is the snake is sin? Confused

Mercy mercy is like too isn't it?

10-01-2009 14:28 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Cool RE: snake Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i forgot...the good doctor explains the meaning in the intro to the video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxgDX9ZrOA

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
10-01-2009 20:19 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » snake

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH