77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Perfect Blues » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Perfect Blues 3 Votes - Average Rating: 4.003 Votes - Average Rating: 4.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Thumb Up! Perfect Blues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now at a play count of "88", this song is by far the most played song in my iTunes library, although I'm not even sure I can say with any conviction that it's my favorite song of all time or anything. But something keeps bringing me back to it. I remember when I listened to Sticks and Stones back in 1991, I used to fast forward through it because I was more into the pop songs on S&S. But over time I've gotten used to it. I don't consider myself a blues aficionado even though I have opened myself up to many variations of the genre. But, this song is pretty sick. And it was written in 5 minutes? A-Train murders behind the kit on this one. To me, it sounds a bit like a cross between Jerry Lee Lewis and the Stones.

08-03-2009 14:28 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was listening to this song today and it's pretty great.

I too love it and the other blues songs, while I used to just tolerate them.
08-03-2009 16:58 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Cool RE: Perfect Blues Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
Now at a play count of "89"....

Fixed.

08-05-2009 22:03 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

Thread Starter Thread Started by Kit
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

At 103 spins now, and that's just iTunes.

Also, board participation FAIL. Roll Eyes

12-07-2009 15:18 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

12-07-2009 15:58 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
77sfan 77sfan is a male

images/avatars/avatar-231.jpg

Registration Date: 06-08-2007
Favorite 77s album: The Island Album

i vorted Pleased

~Saint Augustine~
12-07-2009 16:27 77sfan is offline Search for Posts by 77sfan Add 77sfan to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of 77sfan: gj100xtra
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Perfect Blues

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH