77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » How do fans best help Mike & the boys? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page How do fans best help Mike & the boys?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
me-is-e
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

How do fans best help Mike & the boys? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure how to ask this question, but its something I've considered for a while now. Knowing some of the finacial, album release, and personal struggles that Mike has experienced in this business over the years, plus reading some commentary from here and the damb, I've been wondering for a while now-what is it we as fans do or can do that best supports Mike (& the other 77s, Terry, Derri, Steve, and all), not just for future album releases but to support any kind of living as artists? (That last part with 'living as artists' may just be an oxymoronic statement on my part, but I hope not.) I know they have never asked for anything from us fans other than to support the releases, but I do want to know what can be done that does the most for them.

And really, if thread is at all considered an inappropriate or too personal question too ask, I'll go ahead and have it moved, altered, or removed. I would like to know if there is anything else or more we as fans can do for artists like Mike and Terry and what really does benefit them the most.

01-06-2009 16:09 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Funny you should ask... we've been talking about compiling a FAQ covering this same question. Hopefully we can try to expand it to every angle - from the more financial side of things like booking shows, to stuff that any fan can do, like encouraging radio play, etc, etc..

In general....

* support the official stores
* support the tours
* promote shows if/when you can
* help promote upcoming shows & releases (even if its just word of mouth among your friends)
* if you know of a cool music magazine, newspaper or website that might want to review the latest album - make sure someone connected to the band is aware of it
* if you know a cool radio station that might play them - make sure someone connected to the band is aware of it
* make sure any old fan you might know is aware of the websites, webstores and news lists - you'd be surprised how many old longtime fans are still rediscovering these bands. They're hard to reach because we don't know where they all are... CCM Magazine is barely around anymore and Harvest Rock is long gone.. a lot of those folks have just lost touch. So, if anyone out there knows some old timer fans.. catch 'em up on what these guys are doing.
01-06-2009 16:45 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

* support the tours
* help promote upcoming shows & releases (even if its just word of mouth among your friends)
* if you know of a cool music magazine, newspaper or website that might want to review the latest album - make sure someone connected to the band is aware of it
* if you know a cool radio station that might play them - make sure someone connected to the band is aware of it
* make sure any old fan you might know is aware of the websites, webstores and news lists - you'd be surprised how many old longtime fans are still rediscovering these bands. They're hard to reach because we don't know where they all are... CCM Magazine is barely around anymore and Harvest Rock is long gone.. a lot of those folks have just lost touch. So, if anyone out there knows some old timer fans.. catch 'em up on what these guys are doing.

Please contact me if you know of any "cool music magazine, newspaper or website that might want to review the latest album" or radio station that would play 'em.

Also, booking and promoting a show isn't as hard as it looks. We will do all we can to support you in that process. Take a leap of faith! Could be the most fun you've had in years. Cool Pleased

Linda
--
Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com
01-06-2009 21:22 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

quote:
Could be the most fun you've had in years.

I couldn't agree more. Having Mike at our church was certainly the highlight of my year.

01-07-2009 09:46 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

promoting a show (been there done that) lots O fun........wish I had time and money to do this again.

01-07-2009 10:04 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
me-is-e

Thread Starter Thread Started by me-is-e

quote:
Funny you should ask... we've been talking about compiling a FAQ covering this same question. Hopefully we can try to expand it to every angle - from the more financial side of things like booking shows, to stuff that any fan can do, like encouraging radio play, etc, etc..

In general....

* support the tours

Ha! I'm psychic!! Big Grin Tongue

Seriously, I'm looking forward to the 'expanded' list. I love to open up the experience of this music to whoever I can and make sure that whatever purchases I make give them a decent return, or hopefully the most "bang for the buck" to them.

Oh, for the last part about letting old fans know about the websites. When reading it, I couldn't think of any way possible I could pass that further on at this point. But I remembered I tried pitching some Lost Dogs songs to the Music Minister at our church. He did a web search and found Terry was a member and our Music Minister used to be Daniel Amos fan. Lead to at least another sale of 'Lost Cabin' and he plans to check out the DA website sometime. So I guess you really do just never know.

01-07-2009 12:54 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
me-is-e

Thread Starter Thread Started by me-is-e

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:

* support the tours

Please contact me if you know of any "cool music magazine, newspaper or website that might want to review the latest album" or radio station that would play 'em.

Also, booking and promoting a show isn't as hard as it looks. We will do all we can to support you in that process. Take a leap of faith! Could be the most fun you've had in years. Cool Pleased

Linda
--
LAM PRODUCTIONS

I would love to book and promote a show sometime, even was talking with Bryan Heydn a few years back about co-hosting. Life situations struck though and I just couldn't pursue it. Hopefully someday! (at this point it would maybe be a medical benefit concert though! Sorry, getting silly now. Wink )

I think our closest radio station that would possibly play 77's music has been mentioned on the message board before. Its 102.3 BXR out of Columbia, MO. If you ever need more info, let me know and I can see what I can come up with.

BTW, is everything coming along ok for the Route 66 project?Even just in terms of the donations, project funding, etc?

01-07-2009 13:02 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:

* support the tours

Linda
--
LAM PRODUCTIONS

This is something I truly want to do someday!

01-07-2009 14:43 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

quote:
Originally posted by me-is-e

I think our closest radio station that would possibly play 77's music has been mentioned on the message board before. Its 102.3 BXR out of Columbia, MO. If you ever need more info, let me know and I can see what I can come up with.

If you contact them and they're seriously interested I will gladly send them a CD. You can email me privately. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by me-is-e

BTW, is everything coming along ok for the Route 66 project?Even just in terms of the donations, project funding, etc?

The fans have been extremely generous and we have been able to pay all our bills so far, but we do need more money to complete the CD and the initial work on the DVD. It will be worth every penny spent!

Linda
01-07-2009 16:08 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » How do fans best help Mike & the boys?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH