77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77's and Johnny Cash Songs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 77's and Johnny Cash Songs
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

77's and Johnny Cash Songs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
I have a bit of info on the Hendersonville TN show. This should be an interesting show. The church staff is very excited about having the 77's play....from what they told me, they do a couple 77's songs for their modern worship service that have been really well received by the congregation. The 77's will be kicking off the church's newly revamped modern worship program, in a brand new venue within the church that seats 700 and has all new sound and lighting. The opening act is pretty big at the church, and alone apparently draws a couple hundred when they play....so this is a cool opportunity for the band to make some more fans! Another cool bit of trivia is that this church was actually the home church for Johnny Cash.

June 21 - Hendersonville TN
"The Living Room" @ First Baptist Church Hendersonville.
106 Bluegrass Commons Blvd.,
Hendersonville, Tennessee 37075
Showtime: 7:00PM (Doors @ 6:30pm)
Lewis and Mary Lea will open the show...
Ticket price: $5.00 at the door.

jeffrey k.

Since Mike Roe has quoted Johnny Cash previously in some of his songs and since the 77's are playing at Johnny Cash's church, do you think they should play a Johnny Cash song in Hendersonville, and if so which one?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cynthia: 05-27-2008 08:21.

05-27-2008 08:20 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd love to hear the 77s or Lost Dogs play "He Turned the Water Into Wine" or "Daddy sang Bass".
05-27-2008 16:09 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
Pharmjimmy Pharmjimmy is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-486.gif

Registration Date: 05-10-2008
Favorite 77s album: 88

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... or how bout "The Rock Island Line"...it's a mighty fine line!

to•ma•to ef•fect\n, 1: a term coined in medicine meaning the rejection of effective medical treatments because they conflict with currently accepted medical theories; 2: the tomato was not eaten in the U.S. until 1820... thought to be poisonous.
05-27-2008 17:09 Pharmjimmy is offline Send an Email to Pharmjimmy Homepage of Pharmjimmy Search for Posts by Pharmjimmy Add Pharmjimmy to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I vote for "A Boy Named Sue"
Tongue

05-27-2008 17:42 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

"Long Black Veil"

05-27-2008 20:14 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-115.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2005
Favorite 77s album: Eighty Eight

Personal Jesus

(I know it's originally a Depeche Mode song, but Cash's version is IMHO much better)

Alex

05-28-2008 00:53 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
God-rules God-rules is a male
Happy Roy

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

4th man in the fire.

Michaeloneofmyfavs

I'm gonna put my carbon footprint right up a greenies lactose intolerant hind end! - squidzit 2008
05-28-2008 05:12 God-rules is offline Send an Email to God-rules Search for Posts by God-rules Add God-rules to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

i think cynthia should join the band on stage, for a rousing version of "Jackson" Big Grin Big Grin

05-28-2008 06:00 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Cynthia
Mezzo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cynthia

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
i think cynthia should join the band on stage, for a rousing version of "Jackson" Big Grin Big Grin

Oh sure - no problem. I might have to brush up on the words though. Tongue

We were listening to a Johnny Cash album yesterday, and my kids were singing "Daddy Sang Bass" on their own during the rest of the day, but they didn't know the words. They kept singing "Daddy sang bait, Momma sang dinner". Big Grin

I think "A man in black" would be a good song. The words are so full of character.

05-28-2008 06:06 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Rod Rod is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-236.jpg

Registration Date: 08-21-2005
Favorite 77s album: When #s Get Serious

Oooh, Long Black Veil. That's a good one.
05-28-2008 10:13 Rod is offline Send an Email to Rod Search for Posts by Rod Add Rod to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Redemption. Cool
05-28-2008 15:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

06-01-2008 10:32 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-353.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by Kit

Not one of Johnny's best collaborations. Confused Roll Eyes

The dude in the stupid "Oink" hat and priest shirt looks kinda like he has no pants on.

jeffrey k.

06-01-2008 11:04 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

^No, no it was not.

Cash and Tom Petty was much better!
06-01-2008 17:24 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Ping Pong Over the Abyss Ping Pong Over the Abyss is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-202.gif

Registration Date: 02-21-2006
Favorite 77s album: Too Many...!

I'd like to hear Mike cover "When the Man Comes Around." That would rule. Cool

06-01-2008 19:06 Ping Pong Over the Abyss is offline Send an Email to Ping Pong Over the Abyss Search for Posts by Ping Pong Over the Abyss Add Ping Pong Over the Abyss to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Delia's Gone.
06-01-2008 23:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

Thread Starter Thread Started by Cynthia

Get Rhythm would be great and they would be great at it. It reminds me of the Mutt version of So Sad, which is also great. I guess every thing's great huh? Happy

06-02-2008 12:06 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Get Rhythm would be really great! Pleased
06-02-2008 14:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
nick nick is a male
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 12-02-2004

When the man comes to town is an awesome song! Also, I have always wanted to get the CD that he did with Tom Petty as I love both...alas...some day! Right now I am saving up for a new 77s!!!
06-02-2008 20:31 nick is offline Send an Email to nick Search for Posts by nick Add nick to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » 77's and Johnny Cash Songs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH