77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dr. Love Does Stone » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dr. Love Does Stone
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thumb Up! Dr. Love Does Stone Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzDwrfU5xvY

03-29-2008 21:31 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Gur Gur is a male
Mezzo

Registration Date: 01-14-2008
Location: And into this chasm God would let a million Jacob Bayers float down like sparkling dust on a dry wind.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool Cool Cool Cool

thanks Pea!

(i was afarid this was going to be a Stone Phillips expose of the Christian megastar with a potty mouth) Wink
03-29-2008 21:43 Gur is offline Send an Email to Gur Search for Posts by Gur Add Gur to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love that song. Cool
03-30-2008 03:54 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

There was a time when I might have surrendered, but not now. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Dig.

That one took me by surprise.

I get the chills and break into a cold sweat of goosebumps when I hear that song! Frown Happy

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 03-30-2008 03:59.

03-30-2008 03:59 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Just listened to this disc a few days ago. All the performances are really good, but Mike's is just so appropriate and wonderful, and his short intro is almost heartbreaking! "Stone" has been a favorite of mine since "Perfecta" came out.
Crying

03-30-2008 19:45 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

I had no idea anyone was filming this or I woulda put on a decent shirt!

Naw......perhaps not...... Tongue

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
garbagemorn.jpg

04-02-2008 08:34 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

strumming a Guild I see....where's Taylor?

04-02-2008 09:43 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

That was someone else's. I usually just grab whatever's lying around.
04-02-2008 10:01 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
JR88 JR88 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-475.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
That was someone else's. I usually just grab whatever's lying around.

I used to have more than two guitars lying around Frown I got divorced and a bunch got picked up Frown

happily re-married now and hopefully new guitars will come flowing through my doors..... Roll Eyes LOL....whatever.

Hey Doc....you ever played Schecter Electrics? If so, do you like them?

this is my C-1+

04-02-2008 10:07 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: l
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Just listened to this disc a few days ago. All the performances are really good, but Mike's is just so appropriate and wonderful, and his short intro is almost heartbreaking! "Stone" has been a favorite of mine since "Perfecta" came out.
Crying

Stone is a fun song to play. Cool

Which is kinda funny, as it's such a sad song.

Maybe "cathartic" is a better way to put it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 04-02-2008 19:53.

04-02-2008 19:52 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Dr. Love Does Stone

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH