77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Direct » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Direct
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Direct Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was surprised that Direct sold out. I passed on my chance to buy it many times because I was focusing on buying OOP stuff on ebay. Now I am trying to find this album and I have yet to see it offered anywhere. I know that the Good Doc has offered to burn copies and sign in the past, but I am looking for the 'real thing'

I also know that albums are reissued (like Say your prayers) any plans for direct to be re-released too?

Bottom Line, anyone know where I can get my hands on this?
03-01-2007 15:47 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-92.jpeg

Registration Date: 05-27-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There are plans to bring it back.. but I couldn't say when. It's been discussed on several occasions and theres usually something else to spend the cash on.

The goal is to have everything back of course... I hate the fact that so much is out of print. Several different reissue plans have been thrown around for the last year or so.
03-01-2007 15:51 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

Thread Starter Thread Started by zing
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info.

I figured you'd say that. I remember when 'Say Your Prayers' was OOP, I ended up winning it on ebay and paying a premium for it, only to have it back available at the sevens store the next month. If Direct ever showed up on ebay, I'd hate to have the same thing happen.

With a new album on the way, its probably safe to assume that a reissue would be later rather than sooner, right?

Anyone else know where I can get this?
03-01-2007 16:19 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
a reissue would be later rather than sooner, right?

No idea... it's ultimately the band's decision of course. I'd start a reprint of it tomorrow morning if they gave the go-ahead. But, when they do need a lot of money for the new record, that does become an issue.

We're gonna keep after them about reissues though. Something definitely needs to happen in that area. Happy
03-01-2007 16:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've suggested this before, but I'm sure there are a billion reasons why it wouldn't be good or work or be cost effective, etc.

But "EP" and "Direct would make an excellent album if combined.

Possible track list:
1. Blue Sky
2. Born on Seperate Days
3. Dig My Heels
4. Unbalanced
5. Lifeline
6. Roesbud
7. Sevens
8. Perfect
9. The Years Go Down
10. Take Your Mind Off It
11. The Best I Have

and 15 unreleased bonus tracks, too!Smile

You'd only have to press one resissue (which would be cheaper than two), you'd have an actual album.

I guess "EP" is not out of print, though. Maybe not. Never mind. But I can dream (and rearrange the tracks on my mp3 player to play like the above list!)

03-02-2007 09:07 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-77s-Direct-CD-Se...1QQcmdZViewItem

03-02-2007 19:19 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
snowblind snowblind is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-404.gif

Registration Date: 03-28-2006
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

^
When I see stuff like that, I'm reminded of how good that deal was that I got off ebay a couple of months go... Cool

03-05-2007 12:12 snowblind is offline Send an Email to snowblind Homepage of snowblind Search for Posts by snowblind Add snowblind to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

Thread Starter Thread Started by zing

quote:
Originally posted by Kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-77s-Direct-CD-Se...1QQcmdZViewItem

This went for $25.75 w/ the shipping. Too much of a premium for me. Frown
03-05-2007 23:59 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Administrator

The best argument for a reprint... $25 for a $12 CD... Red Face
03-06-2007 00:42 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

and the lesson is ... buy it when it is originally issued. Same goes for DA stuff too. I know sometimes I procrastinate over whether I should buy or not, and sometimes I get burned. I also look at it as supporting the band. And ultimately, the prices these CD's are originally issued at are very reasonable. So go get it when it's fresh off the presses!!

Now I better make my way to Lo-Fi and get the Lost Dogs DVD before that one is gone!! Obviously procrastinating again ...

03-06-2007 10:33 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Direct

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH