77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!! 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s

Registration Date: 05-29-2004

Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lo-Fidelity Records and The 77s are proud to present the highly anticipated release of their new studio recording, "Holy Ghost Building." Recorded over a 2-year stretch, the initial sessions were done quickly, much like Johnny Cash or Elvis recorded their early records at Sun Studios in Memphis. Mike Roe comments, "Those guys would choose a song, play through it to get the feel and arrangement, and while it was all fresh they would just roll the tape. Drawing from literally the same sources they did, we did the same thing....choosing old gospel, blues and bluegrass tunes that said something to us as a band, and then recording them on the spot with no rehearsal....the only difference was we spent a couple years putting the finishing touches on the songs!"

While "Holy Ghost Building" could be called a "return to form" for the band, saying so would also sell short the new depth the band has found in playing these songs. The record has The 77's touchstones of rock and blues, but they have also included folk, slide guitar, Byrds-era jangle electric 12-strings, and vocal harmonies previously unheard on any 77's record. Mike says "When folks ask me what this record sounds like, I like to say 'Elvis, Scotty, Bill & D.J.' because we did it exactly the way those guys did the early Elvis recordings. It even sounds like them sonically here and there, but thankfully none of that was planned either, which of course makes me very happy. You can't plan those things without them often sounding planned, and I'm so glad we didn't. Even the one original tune we tacked on at the end of this project as a bonus treat for the fans was made up on the spot: music, lyrics, melody and all. Talk about risk! But that's how you end up with records like the ones I loved as a kid, and this one's got that sound and feeling.

"For a preview off the record, visit www.myspace.com/the77s to hear "Working on a Building," the first single. The band will feature three new songs off the record leading up to its release.

The first pressing of "Holy Ghost Building" will feature limited edition digipack packaging and is scheduled for release beginning Friday, June 20th to coincide with The 77's brief return to the road.

The CD will be available online from www.77s.com and www.lo-fidelity beginning June 20th as well, although orders will not begin shipping until the following Monday, June 23rd. Please note all dates are subject to change.

Mike Roe, Mark Harmon, David Leonhardt and Bruce Spencer will make a brief return to the road leading up to Cornerstone.

You do not want to miss this tour! Tour dates are as follows:

Friday, June 20th - Marietta GA
3 Bears Cafe www.threebearscafe. com
105 North Park Square,
Marietta GA 30060
Green Bracelet will open the show.
Showtime: 8:00PM
Must be 18+ years to attend.
Ticket Price: $12
Tickets available online at www.myspace.com/annemarieperry
(**Advise to buy in advance...this is going to be a full room) Your paypal receipt will be your! ticket, please print out and bring to show.

Saturday, June 21 - Hendersonville TN
"The Living Room" at First Baptist Church Hendersonville
106 Bluegrass Commons Blvd.
Hendersonville, Tennessee 37075
Doors: 6:30pm
Showtime: 7:00PM
Lewis and Mary Lea will open the show...
Ticket price: $5.00 at the door.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 - Litchfield, IL
First Baptist Church of Litchfield
608 N Van Buren Street
Litchfield IL 62056
Doors: 6:30pm
Showtime: 7:00pm
Tickets: $8 in advance through itickets, $10 at the door
Litchfield is located off hwy 55 in southern Illinois, 46 miles south of Springfield Illinois and roughly 55 miles north of the Greater St. Louis Metro-East area. This will be an ideal show for fans in southern Illinois and St. Louis alike. (There will be no St. Louis show on this tour.)

Tuesday, June 24th - Ames IA
Zeke's (Live Music, Performing Arts, Community Center)
3329 Lincoln Way
Ames, IA 50014
Doors: 7:00pm
Showtime: 7:30pm
Tickets: $15
Ticket info at www.zekesames.com
For more info contact Scott Hanson, hansonscott@mac.com (subject 77's show)

Wednesday, June 25 - Rock Island IL
Comedy Sportz
1818 3rd Ave
Rock Island, IL 61201
Doors: 7:00pm
Showtime: 7:30pm
Ticket Prices: $15-if you purchase by June 13. $18.00 from June 14 - June 24th, $20 on day of show at the door.
Call District Drugs & Compounding Center, Monday through Friday, 10 AM - 5PM to Purchase Tickets. Call @ 309.786.8431 or Toll Free @ 866.842.3351 (Credit Card Payment- Visa/Master Card/Discover)- all sales final. Tickets will be issued "will call" at Door.
For more info contact Jim Perry @ jperry68@mchsi.com (subject 77's show)
Website for more info: www.districtdrugs.com

Thursday, June 26, 2008
Lo-Fidelity Presents the 77's at BACKTHIRD AUDIO
www.backthird.com
No tickets will be sold at the door.
This concert is being held in the beautiful "live room" of the studio at BackThird Audio in downtown Aurora.
40 seat capacity.
For more info and to purchase tickets, please visit:
www. lo-fidelity. com/77s

Friday, June 27 - Livonia MI
Trinity House Theatre
38840 W. Six Mile
Livonia, MI 48152-2605
Doors: 7:30pm
Showtime: 8PM
Ticket Price: $18, $15 for members
Contact 734-464-6302 or trinityhouse.org to reserve tickets

Saturday, June 28 - Dayton OH
Canal Street Tavern www.canalstreettavern.com
308 E. First Street
Dayton, OH 45402
Doors: 8:00pm
Showtime: 9:00pm
Opening band TBA
Ticket Price: $15 in advance, $17 at the door
Advance tickets can be purchased at Canal Street Tavern (cash only), or can be charged online & by phone through iTickets. com or 1-800-965-9 324 (service charge applies)
Contact "Hear The Light" at 937-426-5400 or email deb@hearthelight.com (subject 77's show) for more info.
Please note, you must be at least 18 or accompanied by parent or legal guardian to attend this concert.

Thursday, July 3 - Cornerstone
Gallery Stage
8:15pm - 9:15pm

Friday, July 4 - Cornerstone
Main Stage
7:15pm - 7:30pm

Once the Cornerstone dust has settled, Mike, Mark, and Bruce would like to continue their "Holy Ghost Building" tour on the West Coast/Pacific Northwest. Perspective show dates would begin July 11th, and end....??? For more information and to book the 77's, please contact jeffrey k. ASAP at booking@lo-fidelity.com
06-04-2008 22:08 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Sharon Sharon is a female
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 06-07-2004
Favorite 77s album: 88 Miserable Crows Drowning

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WOW!!!!! "Working on a Building" is amazing!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sharon: 06-07-2008 13:35.

06-05-2008 03:05 Sharon is offline Send an Email to Sharon Search for Posts by Sharon Add Sharon to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You can see the cover on the myspace page. Could it possibly be posted here? The flash player won't allow me to save the picture.

06-05-2008 08:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jason
Someone New

Registration Date: 06-03-2004

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
You can see the cover on the myspace page. Could it possibly be posted here? The flash player won't allow me to save the picture.

Or you could look at the home page. http://www.77s.com
06-05-2008 08:33 jason is offline Send an Email to jason Search for Posts by jason Add jason to your Buddy List

quote:
Or you could look at the home page.

I figured it might be up there. But, I was too lazy to look. So, I'll post it here myself:

06-05-2008 08:41 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

Gotta dig the preview on myspace...

SWEET!

and what a treat to have David join the boys on the road!! that will be awesome.

06-05-2008 09:48 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-487.jpg

Registration Date: 10-03-2004
Favorite 77s album: "88"

It seems to be Mike performed "Holy Ghost Building" on a recent solo tour with "what's his name."

Is that right?
06-05-2008 15:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by drowning

SWEET!

and what a treat to have David join the boys on the road!! that will be awesome.

Yes, yes it will. Cool
06-05-2008 15:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
It seems to be Mike performed "Holy Ghost Building" on a recent solo tour with "what's his name."

Is that right?

Yup.
06-05-2008 16:30
dennis
Happy Roy

Cool. Cool
06-05-2008 16:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

Sorry, I guess the song is called "Working on a Building."

Whoops! Shocked
06-05-2008 16:34 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List

quote:

I saw that tour. I didn't hear the song. Confused

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 06-05-2008 17:05.

06-05-2008 17:04 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis
Happy Roy

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:

I saw that tour. I didn't hear the song. Confused

Sorry about that.

It seems like it was back in late '05 when I heard it. Confused
06-05-2008 17:09 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

quote:
Originally posted by drowning

SWEET!

Cool

06-05-2008 18:16 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Love the sample on myspace...

Must hear more!!!!
06-05-2008 19:08 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

ISG THISG A CHRISTGIAGN ROGK REGORG?

06-05-2008 20:12 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
drowning drowning is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 06-12-2007
Favorite 77s album: Direct

I'm a "company man..." Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pimpin' the new recording.... at my blog... check it

drowing's blog

peace.

06-06-2008 05:08 drowning is offline Search for Posts by drowning Add drowning to your Buddy List
Sam e. Ching
Someone New

Registration Date: 03-26-2008

Pure genius Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I listened to the initial cut up on myspace - it is truly, truly fantastic. It has so much energy and enthusiasm, yet it sounds old - that's no small feat to pull off. Congratulations guys on a first class effort - I can't wait to hear the full album!
06-06-2008 05:33 Sam e. Ching is offline Search for Posts by Sam e. Ching Add Sam e. Ching to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

It's fun to hear the finished version of Workin' on a Building compared to the solo version from the tour. They were both great, but all of the extra's and harmonies add so much fun and character to the song. Good job - it really does sound great with a really cool personality.

06-06-2008 06:20 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

I listened to the new tune last night! Holy $hit is all I can say! Awesome. It left me craving more!!!!!!! I cannot wait!!!

06-06-2008 06:54 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Releases » Holy Ghost Building - June 20th!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH