77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
James James is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-18-2004

Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Waaay back in '02. It was great. Terry played and spoke at my wedding. He played "Sweet Companion" and said some really sweet things about marriage. I've got footage of it somewhere. Maybe I'll post it sometime.
The reception was a blast. Mike kept saying things like, "So this is what we've been reduced to...playing weddings!" It was hilarious. After they played, my buddy took a picture of me with all the Dogs singing into one mic. Unfortunately, when he got the pics developed, it didn't turn out. Damn, that would have been the greatest pic ever. I'm still pissed about that. Anyway, it was an experience I'll never forget. Just thought I'd share it with the diehards.

Remember playing this gig, Doctor Love?
04-01-2006 20:57 James is offline Send an Email to James Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

RE: Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yes. We especially enjoyed sleeping in knowing that Terry had to get his sorry a** up early to speak and play at the wedding. We all got a huge chortle out of that and teased him mercilessly for the rest of the tourTongue

quote:
Originally posted by James
Waaay back in '02. It was great. Terry played and spoke at my wedding. He played "Sweet Companion" and said some really sweet things about marriage. I've got footage of it somewhere. Maybe I'll post it sometime.
The reception was a blast. Mike kept saying things like, "So this is what we've been reduced to...playing weddings!" It was hilarious. After they played, my buddy took a picture of me with all the Dogs singing into one mic. Unfortunately, when he got the pics developed, it didn't turn out. Damn, that would have been the greatest pic ever. I'm still pissed about that. Anyway, it was an experience I'll never forget. Just thought I'd share it with the diehards.

Remember playing this gig, Doctor Love?
04-02-2006 02:41 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
James James is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-18-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by James
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now that you mention it, I do remember asking him when he arrived about the rest of you guys. He mumbled something about you still being asleep. I believe he also said something about doubting that the rest of you would make it on time to the reception because you'd make everyone late. Big Grin
04-02-2006 08:19 James is offline Send an Email to James Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-204.gif

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now that is a special wedding story.
Mike - do you guys do Baby Showers??

04-20-2006 10:30 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp YIM Account Name of bubbaepp: bubbaeppbubba
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Lamp RE: Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

can someone better skilled in photo editing than i am put mikes face on this pic? Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
04-20-2006 10:36 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

RE: Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
can someone better skilled in photo editing than i am put mikes face on this pic? Big Grin

I wish I had a better picture than this...

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sirjakeyjake: 04-20-2006 18:29.

04-20-2006 18:29 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Mike & The Dogs played at my wedding reception!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH