77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Little Help? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Little Help? 3 Votes - Average Rating: 6.33
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Doobie
Someone New

Registration Date: 07-16-2005

Little Help? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am a casual 77's fan, I have the 1,2,3 Box set and a couple of other CD's. A few years ago I found a disc at a used shop in LA for 2 bucks. It is called "No Sense Of History" and has the 77's as 7+7 is (77's)
It also has tracks from DA, Smoking Globes, John Nau, and several others. What is this? Is it rare? Anyone know? I know who the 77's are but no one else on the disc is anyone I know or have heard of before getting the disc.

Thanks.
07-16-2005 12:33 Doobie is offline Send an Email to Doobie Search for Posts by Doobie Add Doobie to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Little Help? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

That sounds vaguely familiar. I'm sure they're aren't many of them around, given the people represented. What's the date on it, just out of curiosity? I seem to remember something like that from an old newsletter, but I'd have to dig it out to make sure.

07-16-2005 12:37 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Doobie
Someone New

Thread Starter Thread Started by Doobie
RE: Little Help? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm at work, and the disc is at home, but I belive it is 1993. Alternative Records I think is the label.
07-16-2005 12:40 Doobie is offline Send an Email to Doobie Search for Posts by Doobie Add Doobie to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Mr. Magoo

images/avatars/avatar-556.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it is rare, chk ebay, I think they go anywhere from $12 - $30

07-16-2005 13:29 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Mudpappy II Mudpappy II is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-566.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2005

Thumb Down! RE: Little Help? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I voted Smile )

07-16-2005 20:56 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its part of a 2 CD set...."Shirley Goodness and Misery" and
"No Sense of History" put together by Stunt Records and
Alternative Records. It has rare tracks by 77s, DA and some
odds and ends by other similar artists. Boy Oh Boy is Jerry
Chamberlains band, Rob Watson I think maybe on there,
The smoking Globes.

Bootlevel was another disc that was similar.
07-16-2005 23:12
Doobie
Someone New

Thanks for the info.
07-19-2005 11:29 Doobie is offline Send an Email to Doobie Search for Posts by Doobie Add Doobie to your Buddy List
sevens
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-130.jpg

Registration Date: 01-18-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
That sounds vaguely familiar. I'm sure they're aren't many of them around, given the people represented. What's the date on it, just out of curiosity? I seem to remember something like that from an old newsletter, but I'd have to dig it out to make sure.

I have it Pleased and Shirley Goodness and Misery Big Grin

07-19-2005 12:10 sevens is offline Send an Email to sevens Homepage of sevens Search for Posts by sevens Add sevens to your Buddy List
BigDork
Happy Roy

images/avatars/avatar-218.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: lI was lonely and hungry, but not so lonely I wouldn't eat

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
it is rare, chk ebay, I think they go anywhere from $12 - $30

I've seen them both get up to $60 at times

(paid $30 for my copies)

07-19-2005 16:02 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Doobie
Someone New

wow, I had no idea.
I knew the 77's tracks were rare, but I have no idea who these others are.
Anyone interested in buying it?
07-19-2005 16:37 Doobie is offline Send an Email to Doobie Search for Posts by Doobie Add Doobie to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Little Help?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH