77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe Article » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roe Article 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
quote:
Originally posted by lam77s
quote:
Originally posted by Nailtatt
That article angers me and saddens me all at the same time.

Why? Can you elaborate?

It angers me because of the way the "label" treated the 77's and I am both angry and saddened by the way Mike was and probably is treated by most Christians. At the same time I read that article feeling really happy for Mike because it looks as if he is one person that has "worked out his salvation" because he seems like he is in a really good place personally and professionaly and doesn't seem too worked up about what others think or say. He seems to be doing it his way through God, if that makes sense. I am also envious of him because I hope to be in that place soon myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't think that Mike has it "all figured out", but he really seems to be content in his walk with God and who he is in Christ and still working and moving on also.

Does that help Linda? Smile

Not to chime in on your conversation, but this probably ties in to your question from your "Why is it...." thread as to why we understand your frustration--the reason many of us are deeply affected by this article has to do with not only the fact that we love Mike and the guys, but the fact that we can relate to people not understanding our differences and assuming the worst rather than giving the benefit of the doubt as instructed by I Cor. 13, or prayer as instructed by I Jn. 5:16 if they truly think that something wrong needs to be remedied.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 12-21-2004 04:56.

12-21-2004 04:55 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Flower in the Sand

Registration Date: 06-02-2004
Favorite 77s album: The Funky Crow Thang
Location: Loveland, CO.... "I told my mother when I was four years old I wanted to be a Rock and Roll singer and a dishwasher. And that's kinda how it's worked out."

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Oh right... duh...

Yeah that record has some favorite songs of mine, I mean some all time favorites... and yet other songs on that record... Red Face

Same for Ping-Pong, even more so.

Stilll those records were the first 77's I ever heard, so I love them both for that reason alone! Pleased

I think a mix CD of "All Fall Down the Abyss" is in order. Tongue

I'd rather hear the Funky Drowning Naked EP Thang myself. Tongue Shocked

(this is my official work photo, BTW... Tongue Shocked )
12-21-2004 05:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Homepage of carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List
Lovely Man Lovely Man is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

RE: Roe Article Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Great article except for the fact that they a.) totally dissed "A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows" (what gives?) and b.) made no mention whatsoever of one of my personal favorites -- "Pray Naked". Ah well. It's always great to learn about ole Mikey. I thought of 1 Peter 1:7 after reading the article : "So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." (NLT) Love ya Mike!!

bad bad breath (yuck)
01-05-2005 08:53 Lovely Man is offline Send an Email to Lovely Man Search for Posts by Lovely Man Add Lovely Man to your Buddy List
Marti Marti is a female
Radioactive Crow

Registration Date: 06-01-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning with Land in Sight

RE: Roe Article Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lovely Man
Great article except for the fact that they a.) totally dissed "A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows" (what gives?) and b.) made no mention whatsoever of one of my personal favorites -- "Pray Naked". Ah well. It's always great to learn about ole Mikey. I thought of 1 Peter 1:7 after reading the article : "So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world." (NLT) Love ya Mike!!

Similar things to I Pet. 1:7 have gone through my mind as well.

If it matters (and things I've heard recently indicate that it does), I've probably spent more time in prayer on this in the last few weeks than I have in a long time. imho, this is someone God watches with love.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Marti: 01-07-2005 04:54.

01-07-2005 04:26 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Homepage of Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Roe Article

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH