77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » M8 - Quality or Crap? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page M8 - Quality or Crap?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mypetsounds mypetsounds is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-29-2008

M8 - Quality or Crap? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am considering buying a used CCM CD on ebay. The label is M8. Has anyone here ever purchased or at least heard an M8 disc? What is the quality like? The disc is out of print. I can buy the tunes at the band's website, and actually I have done so...but I like to have the actual CD in my hands, and this CD is not available. Considering only the quality, and not your feelings regarding M8 (I have heard a lot of negative about them), do (did) they put out a quality product?
05-08-2009 19:30 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-188.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Location: "i find your lack of faith disturbing.."- darth vader

Question RE: M8 - Quality or Crap? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it depends which cd you are talking about....
they did a pretty good job with the alarma chronicles bookset...
got sloppy towards the end...... Frown

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

facebook
05-08-2009 20:52 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Alarma Chronicles bookset was put together by my brother, myself and Brian Heydn, M8 slapped their logo all over it. But we gathered all the text, pictures and created the masters and Brian did the layout.

Generally speaking M8 was crap. On several occassions we would create the masters and Brian would do the layout and send them everything figuring then maybe stuff wouldn't get screwed up... but they would still find some way to screw it up. The last straw being the 2 second gaps between songs that were supposed to be connected on the M8'ed "Little Red Riding Hood."

If there is no other way to get something, get the M8 version, if there is another way... I would opt for the other way.
05-08-2009 22:12
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

avoid avoid avoid Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I HATE M-8 Evil

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
me.jpg

05-08-2009 22:52 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Doc, is that an old self portrait or what? Did Mike Knott have anything to do with that? It's very cool!

05-08-2009 23:51 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

No, some 18 year old chick named Lydia Dale on Facebook found my 'Ron Wood lookalike' self-portrait from 1975 and illustrated it on her own.

Pretty keen.

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Roenny Wood.jpg

05-09-2009 01:06 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
mypetsounds mypetsounds is a male
Someone New

Registration Date: 09-29-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by mypetsounds
RE: M8 - Quality or Crap? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

M8 no longer exists, correct? The disc I am looking at is "Voices in Shadows" by Youth Choir. Correct me if I am wrong, but the songs can be downloaded from their website (which I have done), but the disc cannot be purchased. Ebay also has what appears to be a non-M8 disc, but the M8 disc includes Shades of Gray, which, strangely, I have never heard. I hate to buy a pile of garbage, and truthfully I wish I could buy the disc from the Choir directly...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mypetsounds: 05-09-2009 04:22.

05-09-2009 04:20 mypetsounds is offline Send an Email to mypetsounds Search for Posts by mypetsounds Add mypetsounds to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-446.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2004

if you post on the choir board about it, you might find someone there who has one they would part with.......

i've gotten a few old choir things like that...

05-09-2009 06:07 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of larryl: nashvillelarryl YIM Account Name of larryl: larryl922
Audiori J
unregistered

M8 also has a huge history of ripping people off. One of the main reasons my brother and I hated to work with them from the start.

Yeah I would post on the Choir board...
05-09-2009 07:25
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
No, some 18 year old chick named Lydia Dale on Facebook found my 'Ron Wood lookalike' self-portrait from 1975 and illustrated it on her own.

Pretty keen.

Reminds me of a drawing I just posted on facebook yesterday. I've always wanted to draw the portrait from Boat Ashore, but didn't feel like it was my place to do it.

05-09-2009 10:49 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » M8 - Quality or Crap?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH