77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Upcoming Releases
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Shotgun Angel" also appeared on the single for "Related/Mr. Magoo".

AND YEAH, IT GOOG!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Kit: 02-11-2009 10:37.

02-11-2009 10:36 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Both of those ep's remain in a regular rotation in the soundtrack that is my life...

Same here. They're so different, but so great. It's hard to believe they bookend "Crows" which, while I like it, is so different (read: poppy) from those two releases.

02-11-2009 11:14 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
sirjakeyjake sirjakeyjake is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-99.gif

Registration Date: 07-29-2004
Favorite 77s album: S&S

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
quote:
Both of those ep's remain in a regular rotation in the soundtrack that is my life...

Same here. They're so different, but so great. It's hard to believe they bookend "Crows" which, while I like it, is so different (read: poppy) from those two releases.

Ditto re: the EPs

I think AGFORC is the perfect filling between the EP sandwich. I'm not one to shun a song or a project for sounding *too* pop...it's all about balance, and it's hard to argue (though I'm sure it'll come) that AGFORC was "unbalanced". ('Late" pun intended)

The "EP Sandwich" has been in my "rotation" the past few months, along with a 77s MellowMix I made a few years back and The Cars Greatest Hits.

"We are the music makers,
and we are the dreamers of dreams."
----------Willy Wonka----------
02-16-2009 22:55 sirjakeyjake is offline Send an Email to sirjakeyjake Search for Posts by sirjakeyjake Add sirjakeyjake to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for sirjakeyjake
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005
Favorite 77s album: 99

Thread Starter Thread Started by MarkyMark77

quote:
I'm not one to shun a song or a project for sounding *too* pop...it's all about balance, and it's hard to argue (though I'm sure it'll come) that AGFORC was "unbalanced". ('Late" pun intended)

I didn't mean to imply that AGFORC is too pop, (I'm not a pop music snob) it's just that "EP" and "Direct" are not. It is a cohesive, consistent work. It was a slow starter for me, and still not one of my favorites. However, seeing Mike's live solo version of "Related" in 2001 or 2002 made me revisit it. And, I really dig "Genuine" and "Mr. Magoo" ends up in my head more than I'd like to admit! Big Grin

And, I think if the guys explored the style of those two EP's on a full-length release, you'd have a brilliant work.

---

Just noticed that the Wiki for Direct does not have a link to "Holy Ghost Building", nor it HGB listed in the discography. Also, the David Leonhardt link sends you to an article about an economist and writer for the New York Times. I'm going to guess that it's not the Dave that wrote Dave's Blues Cool . And, the Jan Eric Volz link just sends you back to the 7's page. Not sure who maintains those articles, just thought I should let someone know.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 02-17-2009 07:55.

02-17-2009 07:49 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
77 bc 77 bc is a male
Radioactive Hatchling

images/avatars/avatar-381.gif

Registration Date: 11-17-2004
Favorite 77s album: The one's Mike plays guitar on

Argh!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I can't find my "Late" disc.

i follow my heart
and it lies and it lies
and i don't understand it"

~ Roe/Harmon ~ "Woody"
02-17-2009 10:58 77 bc is offline Homepage of 77 bc Search for Posts by 77 bc Add 77 bc to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of 77 bc: forty dlux
me-is-e

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 03-14-2006
Favorite 77s album: the one I'm listening to

For my two cents, I'll paraphrase someone from the 'damb' in that Mike could do an album of yodels and I'll probably still buy it. I can least say that whenever Mike records something I almost always find it interesting and enjoyable.

It sounds like everybody else, I'm looking forward to hearing the current or next sonic experience from the 7's and the 'solo sound'. Been re-experiencing Direct and it would be great to have the next progression from there. I really hope there may some day be a full length, 'alternate versions' release with gems similar to the alternate 'Alone Together' from When Numbers Get Serious, or the early take of Blue Sky that was available on the website. Releases along those lines are always personal favorites IMHO. Pleased

Looking forward to what is to come!

02-23-2009 13:12 me-is-e is offline Send an Email to me-is-e Homepage of me-is-e Search for Posts by me-is-e Add me-is-e to your Buddy List
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

RE: Upcoming Releases Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77

The good doctor said elsewhere on this board that he would be trying this year to record two solo records and get the 7's in the studio. With that in mind, I'm curious what they might be like, and what you'd like to see

As far as solo work, I'd love to hear a follow up to The Boat Ashore. (Maybe titled: Mike Roe - Phone!) Tongue It doesn't have to be the same style of music, but I have always dug the mood of that album, it takes me to a different place than any of mike's other solo work.

If the 77s where to follow the trends in CCM lately, they would definitely have to do a live praise and worship cd from Australia, or maybe an experiment in alt-metal with a full orchestra backing, but I'm hoping they buck the trends and record something that sounds completely different but exactly the same as the 77s

02-26-2009 10:12 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Unbalanced

images/avatars/avatar-373.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Island Album

RE: Upcoming Releases Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by juan ahmal
As far as solo work, I'd love to hear a follow up to The Boat Ashore. (Maybe titled: Mike Roe - Phone!) Tongue

Very cool idea! You should be in the credits as naming it.

02-27-2009 19:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Kit Kit is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-587.jpg

Registration Date: 06-02-2004

yeah

Mike Roe - Chip

Mike Roe - Cosm

the possibilities are endless....

02-27-2009 21:00 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Homepage of Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Upcoming Releases

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH