77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » General Discussion » Stealing Music » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Stealing Music 3 Votes - Average Rating: 7.003 Votes - Average Rating: 7.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Carl Salad
Baby Elvis

Registration Date: 08-27-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Carl Salad
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard a comedian say something like this once . . .

I saw a commercial that compared downloading music to stealing a car. You wouldn't steal a car, would you? No, of course I wouldn't steal a car, but if a friend of mine said, "Dude, I just bought a new car. Want me to burn a copy for you?" I'd say, "Hell yeah."
10-20-2008 11:34 Carl Salad is offline Send an Email to Carl Salad Search for Posts by Carl Salad Add Carl Salad to your Buddy List
LuR KiNG
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-86.jpg

Registration Date: 09-17-2004

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
I heard a comedian say something like this once . . .

I saw a commercial that compared downloading music to stealing a car. You wouldn't steal a car, would you? No, of course I wouldn't steal a car, but if a friend of mine said, "Dude, I just bought a new car. Want me to burn a copy for you?" I'd say, "Hell yeah."

Big Grin
10-20-2008 14:43 LuR KiNG is offline Send an Email to LuR KiNG Search for Posts by LuR KiNG Add LuR KiNG to your Buddy List
Sheila Blige 77
Someone New

Registration Date: 08-15-2008
Favorite 77s album: Pray Naked

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I download any and every car that I find online.
10-21-2008 16:29 Sheila Blige 77 is offline Search for Posts by Sheila Blige 77 Add Sheila Blige 77 to your Buddy List
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

quote:
Originally posted by Sheila Blige 77
I download any and every car that I find online.

LOL!!!!!

10-21-2008 21:51 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
juan ahmal juan ahmal is a male
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-551.jpg

Registration Date: 08-06-2008
Favorite 77s album: TTB

Golden Rule Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Salad
Kant called it the "categorical imperative."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_imperative

Ahh, yes.. good example. Thanks. Its an idea thats been around a long time.

"You should always ask yourself what would happen if everyone did
what you are doing." (FRANCE - Jean-Paul Sartre, French existentialist
philosopher, 1905-80 CE)

One should be "contented with so much liberty against other men, as he would allow against himself." (GREAT BRITAIN -
Thomas Hobbes, English philosopher, 1588-1679 CE)

"What you would avoid suffering yourself, seek not to impose on
others." (ANCIENT GREECE - Epictetus, the Greek philosopher, about 90
CE*)

Wink

11-03-2008 09:28 juan ahmal is offline Send an Email to juan ahmal Search for Posts by juan ahmal Add juan ahmal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

RE: Golden Rule Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do unto others, before they do to you.

11-03-2008 12:40 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
tom tom blue tom tom blue is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-268.jpg

Registration Date: 05-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: STICKS & STONES

since i have my ipod i rarely buy cds anymore...i have took all my 77s/mike roe cds and put on there if i can find a cd from a friend that i like i ask to borrow and yes i take it and keep it for myself (to burn on my ipod) in fact, once i had over 1000 cds now i am down to about 200. i keep my favorites--but i do buy on itunes and will go to other websites to find out of print stuff etc

i dont understand why the 77s doesn't have anything on itunes or the beatles or even ac/dc? marillion (www.marillion.com) another great band at one time or another had all of them (CHECK OUT MISPLACED CHILDHOOD and/or BRAVE).

anyway---am i stealing? i don't think i am---(sometimes)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tom tom blue: 11-13-2008 18:28.

11-13-2008 18:27 tom tom blue is offline Send an Email to tom tom blue Homepage of tom tom blue Search for Posts by tom tom blue Add tom tom blue to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of tom tom blue: raelzoo
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » General Discussion » Stealing Music

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH