77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Mike Roe - "Harvest Loon" tour 2008 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mike Roe - "Harvest Loon" tour 2008
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Nailtatt Nailtatt is a male
Rocks in your Head

images/avatars/avatar-212.jpg

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Sticks and Stones

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
So...any concert reviews from the first two shows in Texas? He's gonna be at my church Sunday, so I'm wondering what I might be in store for (not that I don't already know!). Big Grin

I will have a review for you come Wednesday morning from the show in San Antonio.

11-10-2008 21:22 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Rocks in your Head

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Amazing is all I can say about the show at this time. I will have some pics and a video posted in the near future plus a full review.

11-12-2008 01:34 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Thumb Up! Chris Taylor chimes in via MySpace Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wanna thank those of you who met us at Cigar Club last night for the Chris Taylor / Mike Roe gig!

What a turn out for a Tuesday night in San Antonio!

Lots of fun and the band Jam of Mike, me and Fred and good friend and Love Coma drummer (now with Two Tons of Steel) Chris Dodds on the drums was caught on flip video - soon to be posted to my You Tube Page.

Mike actually got me to play songs I havent played since 1995.

Love Like Wine / Astronaut / Jigsawman / then we did a smoking version of Bleeding Hearts Club... plus I got to sing on childhood favorites like I Can't Get Over It / Breathe Deep / The Lust The Flesh and others...

I practically pissed myself.

It was a beautiful night.

Thank you.

I'll get those videos up soon...

11-12-2008 13:35 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

He is so dead on. It was an amazing night. Between sets and after the show Mike sat with me and my girlfriend and we enjoyed some great discussion. It was one of the best nights I have had in a LONG time. Thanks to Mike and Chris for a great evening. Later tonight I will post some pics and a link to a video on YouTube.

11-12-2008 17:49 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
Ron E Ron E is a male
Drowning with Land in Sight

images/avatars/avatar-294.gif

Registration Date: 05-19-2005

Sounds like an awesome time!

11-12-2008 18:24 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Rocks in your Head

It was a great time. Of course I enjoyed the songs from HGB and other classics that he played but the highlight for me was his slow version of I Can't Get Over It. It was amazing and to me brought the song to where it should have been. It just seemed so much more sincere and the lyrics had a larger impact in that slowed down tempo and just a slight change the sound really brought it home. It was great. Another great tune was "Nobodies Fault But Mine". As usual Mike tore it up on the guitar and the sound was great. Another highlight was hearing him sing "The Lust The Flesh......" with Chris Taylor backing him up on vocals at times as well as playing the harp! It sounded great.

Here is a link to a video we shot of one song from last nights set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA3IjiJedqE

I also posted a link in the "Concert Reviews" part of the board as well!

11-12-2008 20:27 Nailtatt is offline Send an Email to Nailtatt Search for Posts by Nailtatt Add Nailtatt to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Nailtatt
zing zing is a male
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-594.jpg

Registration Date: 01-22-2005
Favorite 77s album: Depends on the day!

Kettering OH Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm going to have to miss this one, too! After missing the Dayton show earlier this year... Frown

If I only had a job...

Try to come to Columbus, OH sometime (please!!!)
11-14-2008 05:57 zing is offline Send an Email to zing Search for Posts by zing Add zing to your Buddy List
Doctor Love Doctor Love is a male
Doctor Love

images/avatars/avatar-298.jpg

Registration Date: 08-24-2004

thank you and goodnight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A heartfelt thanks to all the fans and promoters who supported the Harvest Loon tour -- I got to make (a) a fool of myself in that turkey suit, (b) some good music here and there, (c) many new friends AND (d) even a little bit of money.

A splendid time was had by all -- now it's on to Southern California to begin the annual Lost Dogs Christmas tour. If you live near any of the towns listed, please come out and get in on our yearly holiday fun and fracas. You won't be disappointed Cool

Doctor Love has attached this image (reduced version):
Skinny Dogs.jpg

11-30-2008 22:06 Doctor Love is offline Send an Email to Doctor Love Homepage of Doctor Love Search for Posts by Doctor Love Add Doctor Love to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Doctor Love: micro77s YIM Account Name of Doctor Love: micro77s View the MSN Profile for Doctor Love
Tinkerty-tonk
Baby Elvis

images/avatars/avatar-461.jpg

Registration Date: 08-28-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Love
now it's on to Southern California to begin the annual Lost Dogs Christmas tour. If you live near any of the towns listed, please come out and get in on our yearly holiday fun and fracas. You won't be disappointed Cool

Especially if the Lost Dogs do the Christmas skit like last year... it would be worth it! I strongly urge everyone to go! Big Grin
12-01-2008 10:55 Tinkerty-tonk is offline Send an Email to Tinkerty-tonk Search for Posts by Tinkerty-tonk Add Tinkerty-tonk to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Upcoming Concert Information » Mike Roe - "Harvest Loon" tour 2008

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH