77s Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » MICHAEL roe vs. MICHAEL pritzl » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Recommend to a Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page MICHAEL roe vs. MICHAEL pritzl 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
.evangeline. .evangeline. is a female
Radioactive Hatchling

Registration Date: 06-05-2004

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

THURSDAY NIGHT!

"...the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force."
02-01-2006 10:46 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-546.jpg

Registration Date: 09-30-2004
Favorite 77s album: Tom Tom Blues

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by .evangeline.
THURSDAY NIGHT!

Cool Smile

02-01-2006 12:01 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Provision National
Someone New

images/avatars/avatar-187.gif

Registration Date: 03-30-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by Provision National
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorry. not sure why, but my brain registered it as the pasadena show.

- PNB

experience the music.
02-02-2006 07:36 Provision National is offline Send an Email to Provision National Homepage of Provision National Search for Posts by Provision National Add Provision National to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Provision National: PNB Jesse Eubanks
Radioactive Hatchling

TONIGHT!

02-02-2006 09:40 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Mezzo

quote:
TONIGHT!

Cool Smile

02-02-2006 11:15 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
phreaq phreaq is a male
Flower in the Sand

images/avatars/avatar-215.jpg

Registration Date: 11-09-2005
Favorite 77s album: DWLIS

enjoy...

full review expected.

in one peace, Eva-Bax!

~f

"do you get the blues sometimes?"

say "no" to Eleanor for Moderator

02-02-2006 11:19 phreaq is offline Send an Email to phreaq Homepage of phreaq Search for Posts by phreaq Add phreaq to your Buddy List
Radioactive Hatchling

Wink

02-02-2006 11:37 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Mudpappy II Mudpappy II is a male
Praying Naked

images/avatars/avatar-566.jpg

Registration Date: 04-21-2005

for me, it's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

TONIGHT!

02-03-2006 09:13 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
j77
unregistered

quote:
TONIGHT!

Well, how was it???????
02-03-2006 09:14
Cynthia
Mezzo

images/avatars/avatar-483.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2005

RE: for me, it's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mudpappy II
TONIGHT!

Careful doing the wave. We don't want to read about any incidents in the news. Wink

02-03-2006 10:15 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Praying Naked

RE: for me, it's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
quote:
TONIGHT!

Careful doing the wave. We don't want to read about any incidents in the news. Wink

I didn't end up doing the wave after all. I found other ways to attract attention to myself just by being the only person who clapped when Michael Pritzl asked who DIDN'T want him to sing an old 77's tune. I was just being obnoxious, though -- I was very impressed with Pritzl, having never heard of him before. And when he and Roe joined each other towards the end, it was like "magic": They really work well and sound great together. Excellent vocal harmonies, superior guitar interplay, all in a VERY intimate setting (maybe 50-100 people at the most). I'm glad I went - I even got to chat with Doctor Love at the merch table for a couple seconds, but tried not to linger around too much.

02-03-2006 23:38 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
Cynthia
Mezzo

I'm glad you were able to go and you liked the concert. Thanks for the review too. It's nice to hear about the concerts when you aren't able to go. It's almost like being there. Do you remember any of the songs that they sang?

02-04-2006 05:38 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Radioactive Hatchling

i must echo mudboy on the magical vocal harmonies and guitar interplay.
i would have made the 200 mile drive just to hear The Rain Kept Falling in Love alone. The harmonies were lovely. But that wasn't even the highlite for me. The magical duo singing a snarling and passionate version of I can't Get Over It took that honor. i made the trip with a friend, Corbet, who has been THRASHED by some very odd and lamentable goings on at our church. He shared some of the ugly details as we drove south down Interstate 5 and continued over green tea, sushi, and tempura on Colorado Blvd. i think we both turned that powerful song into a prayer for ourselves, the pastor, and the leaders of our church. The only One who can help any of us get past this dreadful mess was present in theat beautiful Victorian living room as Dr. Love sang his guts out just a couple of feet in front of us. i still get chills thinking about it.

The individual sets were also excellent. Dr. Love included the Lutheran Hymn, The Boat Ashore, and Say Your Prayers. The greatest response of the entire evening came with the underwear line. Mr Pritzl later commented that the response spoke volumes about us and probably trouble our hostess. Mr. Pritzl also dubbed the front row the "beer lovers" or some such name. Corbet was drinking a dark ale as they sang and the couple next to me also had dark, brown bottles. But, i only had green tea this evening, so i did not appreciate being lumped in with the alcoholics. Later, Mike asserted that this was the first night he had ever had alcohol on stage (Pritzl brought him a glass of white wine as they started their set together).

Another great pleasure of the evening was meeting Rich Brimer (good friend of Wes Berlin, Theo, and DA) on the front porch. Rich convinced Corbet and i that we needed to see a ukelele/$10 dollar accordion band and convinced me that i will finally purchase Mike Knott's CD about David.

The humor between songs was great as it always is. A glaing exception was Dr. Love's idea to link their road show with a pooper scooper business they had seen advertised on one of the many hiways they had travelled together. Pritzl quickly tried to change the subject or move into the next song. i think Dr. Love was most funny when he repeatedly commented on how the audience seemed to like the 77s songs better and when he ridiculed Mr. Prtizl's emo music. Part of the banter revealed that Dr. Love never closes his eyes during the service when we are directed to do so, so that someone can say the sinner's prayer in anonymity or confess to some embarrassing sin. So, if you are ever worshipping with the good doctor, don't trust that your secrets will be kept in secret.

We drove back up 101 along the coast on Friday morning listening to Fun With Sound as the bright, February sun made diamonds in the water. Did it have to end? i guess it is time to put the I Can't Get Over Work prayer into practice. The work will not be pleasant, so many, many thanks to the Mikes for the big assist.

02-04-2006 13:50 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
Radioactive Hatchling

One final note, our hostess had put out two enormous platters of fudge brownies along with a huge assortment of cookies. When we left the merchandise area as the music was about to begin, there were probably 100 or more brownies left. When i retuned to that hallway after the encores, Dr. Love was standing near the table with all the goodies, and there was not a single brownie in sight. i'm not sure he is being honest about this diet thing...

02-04-2006 13:55 .evangeline. is offline Send an Email to .evangeline. Search for Posts by .evangeline. Add .evangeline. to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Radioactive Crow

images/avatars/avatar-180.gif

Registration Date: 05-28-2004
Favorite 77s album: Drowning With Land in Sight

Sounds like a great show. And the Knott disc is one of his best I think. Cool

Was I ever on the inside?
02-04-2006 13:56 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77 View the MSN Profile for rob 3.0
Cynthia
Mezzo

quote:
One final note, our hostess had put out two enormous platters of fudge brownies along with a huge assortment of cookies. When we left the merchandise area as the music was about to begin, there were probably 100 or more brownies left. When i retuned to that hallway after the encores, Dr. Love was standing near the table with all the goodies, and there was not a single brownie in sight. i'm not sure he is being honest about this diet thing...

Hmmmm... that brownie incident sounds so similar to another brownie situation that I recall, but for fear of getting kicked off of the board, I won't go into it. Tongue

That is a great review... Big Grin

02-04-2006 14:43 Cynthia is offline Search for Posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your Buddy List
Mezzo

My review of Roe vs. Pritzl has been published by ChristRock.com.
You can see it here: www.ChristRock.com

02-06-2006 12:22 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Praying Naked

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

I'm curious - who edited the "peawinkling" exchange from the bathroom meeting? Was it you or ChristRock.com? I was going to plagiarize your original comments for my own review, except mine would've sounded too crude ("Imagine meeting you after Mudpappy-ing in the toilet!"). Shocked
In any case -- good job, peawinkel!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mudpappy II: 02-06-2006 12:46.

02-06-2006 12:44 Mudpappy II is offline Send an Email to Mudpappy II Search for Posts by Mudpappy II Add Mudpappy II to your Buddy List
Mezzo

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

I'm curious - who edited the "peawinkling" exchange from the bathroom meeting? Was it you or ChristRock.com? I was going to plagiarize your original comments for my own review, except mine would've sounded too crude ("Imagine meeting you after Mudpappy-ing in the toilet!"). Shocked
In any case -- good job, peawinkel!

Actually, that was something I edited in for the message board users. My original review was first posted on MyBlog & noticed by Rob Blake from ChristRock (he's one of MyFriends). The rest is Christian rock music journalism history.
I'm hoping to give the young'uns a lesson on the Mike Roes, Terry Scott Taylors, Phil Keaggys, Kerry Livgrens, & Charlie Peacocks of the world.

02-06-2006 13:08 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
77s Message Board » Concert Reviews & Photos » MICHAEL roe vs. MICHAEL pritzl

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH