Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Hymns » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hymns
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Oldiesmann Oldiesmann is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-55.gif

Registration Date: 03-29-2005

Lamp Hymns Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I would love to see a CD full of classic hymns be The Lost Dogs. I love what they've done with "Farther Along", "Precious Memories" and "Dust on the Bible", and think an entire collection of similar tunes from them would be great!

03-28-2010 17:43 Oldiesmann is offline Send an Email to Oldiesmann Homepage of Oldiesmann Search for Posts by Oldiesmann Add Oldiesmann to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Oldiesmann: CincyOldiesFan YIM Account Name of Oldiesmann: Oldiesmann View the MSN Profile for Oldiesmann
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-313.jpg

Registration Date: 06-19-2007

RE: Hymns Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No argument here. I'd like to see them take really conventional hymns, like "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" or some of these types and see what they could do to put some....today...into them.
03-30-2010 18:43 UnderDawg is offline Send an Email to UnderDawg Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson YIM Account Name of UnderDawg: David Patterson View the MSN Profile for UnderDawg
vlricha vlricha is a female
Dachshund

Registration Date: 11-10-2006

Hymns Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You know it Smile I couldn't agree with you more.
I love the way they do "Farther Along" and "Precious Memories also. I was just listening to the radio and the song "He Touched Me" came on. As I was lying there I started imagining how the Lost Dogs would sing it. Then "In the Garden" came on and I could hear them doing that song, too. Actually, there are a lot of songs that I know the Lost Dogs could take away from all other singers if they wanted to, but alas, I hear it costs a lot of money to make a record. So, I wonder how many of their fans would be willing to help finance the project for them, if they would be willing to do it. I can't afford too much, but would be willing to help out if it meant that they would actually do an album of old hymns.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by vlricha: 04-10-2010 04:10.

04-01-2010 10:08 vlricha is offline Search for Posts by vlricha Add vlricha to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Hymns

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH