Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » gene eugene's song - jimmy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page gene eugene's song - jimmy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
micahz micahz is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 08-28-2009

gene eugene's song - jimmy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm new here, but I am a long time fan. The song "Jimmy" from Little Red Riding Hood is amazing. So, I was startled to hear it being sung by Jesse Sprinkle of Poor Old Lu on his latest solo album, "Unnoticed." Jesse calls the song "Alexandra" and as far as I can tell, with minimal research, he gives no credit to Gene.
I have no interest in stirring trouble, just credit where credit is due.
Anybody hear the song?
Does Jesse credit Gene?
Micah Z
08-29-2009 05:38 micahz is offline Send an Email to micahz Search for Posts by micahz Add micahz to your Buddy List
kyle kyle is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 09-11-2009

RE: gene eugene's song - jimmy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i've not heard Sprinkle's version - might have to look for it sometime...

shame to hear if he didn't give credit where credit's due...

and for the record, Little Red Riding Hood is my favorite Lost Dogs CD... Big Grin
09-11-2009 10:42 kyle is offline Send an Email to kyle Search for Posts by kyle Add kyle to your Buddy List
micahz micahz is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 08-28-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by micahz
RE: gene eugene's song - jimmy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

kyle,
thanks for the response. With a little more research I discovered that i-tunes is the culprit. Jesse Sprinkle does cover the song Jimmy, however, in the audio file for Alexandra they have the audio for Jimmy. On other sites, the real audio for Alexandra is available.

Micah
09-21-2009 13:23 micahz is offline Send an Email to micahz Search for Posts by micahz Add micahz to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » gene eugene's song - jimmy

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH