Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » A Wonderful Memory » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Wonderful Memory
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Snowman Snowman is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 11-25-2006

A Wonderful Memory Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's after midnight and I can't sleep. Probably not the best time to recollect emotive-memories. But, oh well, here goes:

I was at my first C-Stone. I had arrive a little later than expected. I shared a room with (then manager) J.T. Feavel. My luggage hadn't caught up with me and JT insisted I take a free "Little-Big" T-shirt and change into it. Moments later Roe walked into the room. We had only met once previously at the first Andy's Angels Christmas gig near Seattle. It was a warm reunion and I was greatly warmed.

JT had a "welcome to the gang" gift pack for me of copies of all the new releases from Dogs and associated such and such (77s, DA, etc). I was really pleased to get my Mr. B release with the liner notes in it about Andy.

Down a few doors was the first night at C-Stone gathering in Dougherty's room. I reunited with Terry and met Derri, Steve H., Mark B, Tim, and others. Jeff Elbel was in the room but I wouldn't really meet him until the next day, back-stage at his gig and was embarrassed that I didn't recall meeting him the night before. Too many new faces all at once.

I had a great chat with Tim C. on the balcony. He is one of the most personable persons in God's universe whom you could have the fortune to meet. He makes you feel as though you are the center of his universe for the time in which you share together. That is a gift. A couple nights later I would splurge for our late night dinner. It was "Burger" run and didn't then realize the irony as I offered him, "Berger?" He declined.

At any rate, that first night... I went back to the hotel room and JT handed me a copy of the "single C-Stone release" for the CAACONAA project which included "Andrie" (an acoustic version) and the Dogs new rendition of "Lord, protect my child."

I took it down to my rent-a-car and listened alone. I was in a state of joy and satisfaction. And then it came to the part where Terry's voice chimes in and I choked, tears filling my eyes. "We did it," I whispered aloud to the Host that must have been there in the car with me. My late son was honored and people I never thought I would ever meet had lent their God-given gifts to make the sound happen and the joy more wondrous than I could have imagined.

The best part was yet to come; life long friendships.

(ps: remind me to tell you all how I first met Wes Berlin in person for the first time the following day)
03-29-2008 02:36 Snowman is offline Send an Email to Snowman Homepage of Snowman Search for Posts by Snowman Add Snowman to your Buddy List
Marti
Dachshund

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Awesome story, Pastor. I'm sure the Wes Berlin part is good, too.
04-03-2008 23:12 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » A Wonderful Memory

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH