Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 NiCe DaLe 07-10-2007 07:57
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-10-2007 10:05
 Pictures! Zudrak 07-10-2007 13:38
 RE: Pictures! pmac 07-10-2007 22:20
 RE: Pictures! Zudrak 07-11-2007 07:41
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 bubbaepp 07-09-2007 11:07
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-09-2007 12:12
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-12-2007 11:43
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 bubbaepp 07-12-2007 12:59
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-12-2007 14:18
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Big Jim 07-12-2007 21:22
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-12-2007 22:37
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Big Jim 07-13-2007 13:44
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 pmac 07-13-2007 21:39
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Big Jim 07-15-2007 21:22
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-16-2007 08:06
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Zudrak 07-16-2007 08:13
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Big Jim 07-16-2007 09:19
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Big Jim 07-27-2007 22:30
 RE: Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07 Big Jim 07-22-2007 20:58
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! NiCe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pmac
Here are some other pics from the show:
Somerset Pics

thanks.

07-10-2007 07:57 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks for sharing those pictures, pmac! They turned out a LOT better than the ones on my mom-in-law's camera. I didn't use the flash after the show started (the picture I took of the set beforehand turned out great), so I got a LOT of blurry shots. The pictures of the band afterwards are also fine. I did not want to blind the guys while they played. I need to get a better camera, especially since I did not realize it doesn't have a microphone. The QT movies I made just plain stink since there's no sound. Frown

I remember seeing your son, Connor, at the concert getting his picture taken with the band in the hallway, but somehow missed seeing you. My son and I are in some of your pictures (I am holding him onstage behind Terry!). What a night. I look forward to the Dogs' return to the NJ area.

-Psalm 73:26

07-10-2007 10:05 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Pictures! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Set before the show:

The only concert pic that came out half-decent:

Michael IV waits patiently for the Dogs:

M4 gives artwork to Derri:

Work, Dogs, Work:

M4 & M3 after the concert:

M4, M3, and the Lost Dogs:

Michael 4 & Michael 77:

07-10-2007 13:38 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

RE: Pictures! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak
The Set before the show:

Cool pics. I was standing next to your son when he handed Derry that sketch he did; that was cute!

07-10-2007 22:20 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

RE: Pictures! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by pmac
quote:
The Set before the show:

Cool pics. I was standing next to your son when he handed Derry that sketch he did; that was cute!

Thanks! He drew a picture of each Lost Dog and I have to say the one he did of Mike was awesome. The goatee was perfect. He gave Steve a pair of arms with drumsticks. Of course, Terry and Steve had hats in their caricatures that he drew.

Now, I can't wait for the Swirling Eddies new CD to come out so I can reconstruct the concert set like I did after last year's Voorhees concert. My son has been in possession of that CD-R since I burned last July.

Does anybody remember what the first song of the encore was? I wrote down the songs as they were performed, but I missed that for some reason. I know they played "Breathe Deep" next [when they invited us up onstage] and closed with "Knockin' on Heaven's Door".

07-11-2007 07:41 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-241.jpg

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by bubbaepp
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Don't worry about saying what you were - that's real life! I'm sorry to hear what you went through (you're a young guy like me) but it's great to hear how God uses different people, musicians, etc.. to help out in a time of need.

I was standing by Derri when you were talking and I think you left right after that. I then had to give my own 'cancer' story, briefly. My Dad died of cancer in April of 2001. I was the only believer in the family and felt that I HAD to give him the gospel. Often we don't feel worthy or think we have the right words, but regardless, I had too. To make a long story short, he acknowledged to me that Jesus died for his sins and that was how we would get to Heaven. I kinda tested him a day later and got confirmation. He probably lasted only another week or two after that. He left this earth, but at least I am confident of where he went. And I thank God for that.

I'll be looking for you at the next show!

07-09-2007 11:07 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Thanks for sharing that, Bubba. Yeah, I made sure my son got to see Mike back in the sanctuary before we left. My mom-in-law took a GREAT picture that I can't wait to share here and on the 77s board. My son drew pictures of each member of the band on small pieces of notepaper and gave them to the guys. Derri was the last one to get his (he was busy with the custom CD's), so that was when we left -- after the conversation you mentioned.

My own family are not believers. My sister came to Christ at the age of 7, but it's been a struggle with my parents not believing. So, I keep them all (my brother, too) in prayer. My wife's example and faith, though, have made things possible where we could not discuss things previously. I really have felt the "Unseen Hand" move. The Friday before she died, my wife spent the day getting a blood transfusion and witnessed to my dad. He had taken the day off to take her to her appointment. I pray he comes to trust Jesus before his time is up. Thank you for sharing about your own father, as it means that God can still save people with "two outs in the bottom of the ninth" as he did your dad and Ty Cobb (whose quote I used there). You are right -- there is great comfort for me knowing without doubt where my wife is. She was my bride here and is Jesus' bride now and she's in MUCH better hands now! Big Grin

I am praying and waiting for the "watering" to produce fruit and see some increase. I believe that a lot of sowing and watering has occurred the last two years and four months since her diagnosis. No matter what happens, I am sure she will see some increase from her efforts and steadfast hope in Jesus amidst the roughest of storms. ("How I Wish I Knew" by The Choir hits home here, as I miss her smile.)

~Michael

07-09-2007 12:12 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Jim, thanks for your hard work. Had my son not needed to get to bed (or at least fall asleep on the way home), I could have helped with the breakdown. I did that for Whiteheart in Wildwood back in 1993. It was a great way to fellowship with the band while helping them out.

Anyway, I hope you can get the Dogs, Eddies, 77s, or whomever in the Somerset area again next year. It's not a bad trip getting there at all. Plus, if Gloucester County Community Church is successful in getting the Dogs to play there next year, I can see them twice. Big Grin

You are right. The Voorhees show last year was very good, but the show this past Friday was even better.

Nice meeting you, brother!

Michael

07-12-2007 11:43 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
bubbaepp bubbaepp is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-241.jpg

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Thread Starter Thread Started by bubbaepp

Wow - this thread has really taken off!

Z - I remember your son now - I remember watching him give his pictures to the band members. Yes, the Roe one with the gotee was pretty cool!

Jim - I'll see what I can do about getting them to my church, maybe next tour. No, I wasn't at the '98 Roe show. Maybe it was back then when you got my email address - I can't remember. Or maybe it was off the 7s board. You did a great job and we're all greatful for it!

Now I wrote down the set list (I'll post if you want - I just didn't want to spill the beans for those who are still going to see them). But according to me, Breathe Deep and Knockin' were the encores. The last song of the second set was Elanor Its Raining - that was awesome! Maybe that's the song everyone is wondering about.

With regards to all the pics - thanks for the memories. I sat front row in front of Derri. I was wearing a blue Mets t-shirt and have reddish hair. I was on stage for the encores but I am blocked out by Roe - I was standing to his right and slightly behind him so I am kinda missing! Oh well - next time I'll stand in front of him!

07-12-2007 12:59 bubbaepp is offline Send an Email to bubbaepp Search for Posts by bubbaepp Add bubbaepp to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of bubbaepp: bubbaepp
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Bubba: I should've taken pictures of the drawings my son did. Perhaps the Dogs can scan them some day? Sad that I didn't think of that before M4 gave them out.

Anyway, here's some mute video footage from the concert. Like I said before, the camera I was using doesn't have a microphone, but I didn't know that. It was my first time using it. Frown When I get my own, I will make sure it has a microphone.

Intro to "Eleanor, It's Raining Now"

Eleanor Guitar Solo (on mute)

M3, M4, and more join the Dogs onstage

M3, M4, and more join the Dogs onstage 2

M3 & M4 join the Dogs onstage 3

M3 & M4 join the Dogs onstage 4

M3 & M4 join the Dogs onstage 5

07-12-2007 14:18 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Yeah, me too. I always thought it was a good song, but it only really came alive for me hearing it live. Terry said it was a "modern retelling of the fall", I believe. Hearing my friend get so amped about it (hearing it for the first time) made me kinda hear it with new ears too. And yeah, Mike was definitely burning it up on that one at the end of the song... Cool

"No Room For Doubt" -- that was another surprise -- good song, but not one I would have expected them to play. Of course, who wants a predictable set list? There were a lot of twists and unexpected surprises that night.

God willing, our church will have the band in again someday. If I am able to do the promotion thing again, this show would be a lot to live up to! Each one is different and good in its own way though.

07-12-2007 21:22 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

Here's the set list that I wrote down. I am missing the first song of the encore, as I was about to write it when they began asking folks to join them onstage. So, the pen and paper fell to the pew as I made my way forward.

1) Imagine That
2) Bullet Train
3) Devils Elbow
4) (Swirling Eddies' new song)
5) If You Loved Here, You'd Be Home By Now
6) Get Me Ready
7) If You Want To
(intermission)
8) Burn It Up
9) Broken Like Brooklyn
10) No Room for Us
11) That's Where Jesus Is
12) Eleanor, It's Raining Now
(intermission)
Encore:
13) ???
14) Breathe Deep
15) Knockin' on Heaven's Door

If one of the Dogs or anyone else (crew, fans, etc.) wants to let us know what song #13 was, that would be great. Sad that I cannot remember for the life of me. I'm usually really good at that.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Zudrak: 07-12-2007 22:37.

07-12-2007 22:37 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

Zudrak - I really think you have all of the songs represented on your set list, though I'm not sure about the order? I'm about 90% sure the only "non-Lost Dogs" songs that night were the Swirling Eddies new song ("It All Depends" was the name of it based on a look at the set list for Cornerstone) and Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door" (I saw the sound tech really getting into that one, btw). I checked through all of the Lost Dogs recorded music - based on a look at that, I'm pretty sure that you have all of them. Is it possible they actually played 14 songs and not 15 that night? Bubba/pmac - keep me honest! Let us know what you think...

By the way, I think I can attribute my memory loss regarding what song was played immediately prior to the last two songs to the shock of being invited on stage to perform with the Dogs. That was a surprise to me like it was for everyone else (maybe with the exception of Chris McIntosh aka Grandfather Rock, who was at Cornerstone) and I'm glad I didn't know about it beforehand...

07-13-2007 13:44 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Big Jim
Is it possible they actually played 14 songs and not 15 that night? Bubba/pmac - keep me honest! Let us know what you think...

Sorry, Big Jim, I'm drawing a mental blank and can't remember if there were 2 or 3 songs in the encore...

Confused

quote:

That was a surprise to me like it was for everyone else (maybe with the exception of Chris McIntosh aka Grandfather Rock, who was at Cornerstone) and I'm glad I didn't know about it beforehand...

When Chris introduced himself onstage, I thought the name sounded familiar; talked to him a bit afterwards and realized that indeed it's the same guy who's a fan of - and reviews on tollbooth.org -another band that's a personal fave, Iona:

07-13-2007 21:39 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Sorry, Big Jim, I'm drawing a mental blank and can't remember if there were 2 or 3 songs in the encore......

I should be able to tell you definitively soon -- I just found out that we did get a recording (not a great one quality-wise from what I'm told) and a guy at my church who helped with the set-up for the concert should have something I can listen to soon (it's not gonna be up to snuff for trading I wouldn't think, but it will tell us what song -- if any -- we are missing from the set list).

quote:
When Chris introduced himself onstage, I thought the name sounded familiar; talked to him a bit afterwards and realized that indeed it's the same guy who's a fan of - and reviews on tollbooth.org -another band that's a personal fave, Iona:

Yes, Chris does review for Phantom Tollbooth and has a radio show (the Rock and Soul Gospel Hour at WCWP radio, which broadcasts out of Long Island University (www.liu.edu) on Sundays btwn. 4 and 7 pm) -- he plays a lot of good tunes, including Iona and the Lost Dogs and many other independent artists. He is in to a lot of the prog rock bands, like Iona and Glass Hammer. I like Iona a lot -- not too familiar with Glass Hammer, though Chris told me a bit about them that night.

07-15-2007 21:22 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
quote:
Sorry, Big Jim, I'm drawing a mental blank and can't remember if there were 2 or 3 songs in the encore......

I should be able to tell you definitively soon -- I just found out that we did get a recording (not a great one quality-wise from what I'm told) and a guy at my church who helped with the set-up for the concert should have something I can listen to soon (it's not gonna be up to snuff for trading I wouldn't think, but it will tell us what song -- if any -- we are missing from the set list).

It is possible that the "missing" song is not missing. It could merely be due to the fact that I was shocked about being invited onstage, as you mentioned in an earlier post. We're about the same age (two years apart per the "All About You" thread), so it CAN'T be memory loss. It had to have been due to shock.

That's my story... Wink

07-16-2007 08:06 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
quote:

quote:

Yes, Chris does review for Phantom Tollbooth and has a radio show (the Rock and Soul Gospel Hour at WCWP radio, which broadcasts out of Long Island University (www.liu.edu) on Sundays btwn. 4 and 7 pm) -- he plays a lot of good tunes, including Iona and the Lost Dogs and many other independent artists. He is in to a lot of the prog rock bands, like Iona and Glass Hammer. I like Iona a lot -- not too familiar with Glass Hammer, though Chris told me a bit about them that night.

Jim, do you have the web address Chris gave when he was speaking during the intermission? I'd love to "tune in" from the web on Sundays, if possible. It would be great to share the music with my friends and family here in the South Jersey area. Thanks!

07-16-2007 08:13 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Jim, do you have the web address Chris gave when he was speaking during the intermission? I'd love to "tune in" from the web on Sundays, if possible. It would be great to share the music with my friends and family here in the South Jersey area. Thanks!

Zudrak, the above link www.liu.edu will get you there, but the direct link appears to be http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/radio/wcwp/wcwp_webradio.html -- this one is broadcast from until 4 pm to 7 pm on Sundays. It is also broadcast on Friday nights at 10 pm here: www.webradiowcwp.org (click on the "Listen" tab and select a format). Chris also has a MySpace site here: http://www.myspace.com/grandfatherrock

I missed most of what Chris (aka Grandfather Rock) said as I was coming back from the fellowship hall - during intermission, he asked if he could put a plug in for his radio show and since I didn't have anything planned beyond the ticket giveaways, I said sure why not - as long as it's okay with the band... I forget to tune in most weekends, but from what I have heard, he does play a great selection of music. Wish there were more stations like this out there supporting independent artists!

07-16-2007 09:19 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Zudrak, the above link www.liu.edu will get you there, but the direct link appears to be http://www.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/radio/wcwp/wcwp_webradio.html -- this one is broadcast from until 4 pm to 7 pm on Sundays. It is also broadcast on Friday nights at 10 pm here: www.webradiowcwp.org (click on the "Listen" tab and select a format).

I have that backwards. It's the exact opposite of what I have up there above. The LIU link is broadcast on Friday nights and the webradiowcp.org link broadcasts on Sunday 4-7 pm. Tuning in now and they are playing a Protokaw song. Not real familiar with them, but they are a good prog-rock band (a friend of mine is really into them -- this was a band that some members of Kansas were in before they were Kansas. They recently reassembled to make new music - sounds good... Anyways, just wanted to clarify when you can listen to each of the above links...

07-27-2007 22:30 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Here's the set list that I wrote down. I am missing the first song of the encore, as I was about to write it when they began asking folks to join them onstage. So, the pen and paper fell to the pew as I made my way forward.

1) Imagine That
2) Bullet Train
3) Devils Elbow
4) (Swirling Eddies' new song)
5) If You Loved Here, You'd Be Home By Now
6) Get Me Ready
7) If You Want To
(intermission)
Cool Burn It Up
9) Broken Like Brooklyn
10) No Room for Us
11) That's Where Jesus Is
12) Eleanor, It's Raining Now
(intermission)
Encore:
13) ???
14) Breathe Deep
15) Knockin' on Heaven's Door

If one of the Dogs or anyone else (crew, fans, etc.) wants to let us know what song #13 was, that would be great. Sad that I cannot remember for the life of me. I'm usually really good at that.

Well, turns out you ARE good at this... Smile You have it all correct and "Breathe Deep" was the first song of the encore. I listened to the recording from the board this weekend (it was recorded at too high of a level, but I'm going to see about getting a better sound mix). Through listening though, I got a chance to verify your set list and relive the concert. In between these songs, there was of course much banter and frivolity between the guys and I won't give too much of that away (some things have to be left a surprise) until this tour is complete!

You guys probably saw this on the Chattanooga thread, but the new Swirling Eddies CD is being shipped tomorrow (7/23)! This was news to me, but may not be news to you. Can't wait to hear this one, esp. after hearing "It all Depends"....

07-22-2007 20:58 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Dogs - Somerset NJ 7/6/07

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH