Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Cornerstone 2007 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cornerstone 2007
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 DaLe 08-08-2007 08:45
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 DaLe 08-08-2007 08:50
 most underrated country band or a devolving burlesque show... DaLe 08-08-2007 09:05
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 peawinkel 08-08-2007 10:10
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 DaLe 08-08-2007 11:36
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 gingeflixen 08-08-2007 11:51
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Audiori J 08-08-2007 12:33
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 peawinkel 08-08-2007 12:41
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Big Jim 08-08-2007 15:53
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 stump 08-08-2007 18:57
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 DaLe 08-09-2007 08:17
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Zudrak 08-09-2007 08:44
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Marti 08-08-2007 22:13
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Marti 08-09-2007 11:40
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 gingeflixen 08-09-2007 13:46
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Big Jim 08-09-2007 09:10
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 peawinkel 08-09-2007 12:28
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Audiori J 08-09-2007 14:37
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 Marti 08-09-2007 15:01
 RE: Cornerstone 2007 gingeflixen 08-09-2007 20:35
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Maybe it was the sound system, but they just sounded like a real tight rock band. Really good, especially for a first show of a tour...

NiCe Cool

08-08-2007 08:45 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48366465@N00/tags/lostdogs/

MoRe PHoToS

08-08-2007 08:50 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

Question most underrated country band or a devolving burlesque show... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

and a BLoG

http://justthischris.wordpress.com/2007/...ival-this-year/

and another BLoG

http://stumpspeeches.blogspot.com/2007_06_01_archive.html

did these two people see the SaMe show? Confused ?

well I HeaRD it was GooD Pleased

08-08-2007 09:05 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Burlesque?
Were the Lost Dogs raunchy? Did they show cleavage?

Huh?

I think Stump did some acid.
08-08-2007 10:10 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
I think Stump did some acid.

NoPe, he is a Professor Tongue

no offence Stump...

08-08-2007 11:36 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
gingeflixen gingeflixen is a male
Chihuahua

Registration Date: 07-27-2007

He probably meant "Vaudeville" not "Burlesque"
08-08-2007 11:51 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

"I'm afraid, though, that one of my all-time favs, The Lost Dogs, dropped a bit. Perhaps it was because it was a midnight show, and we were dead tired after several days, but their show seems to be devolving into a burlesque show with a little music tossed in occassionally."

Ok, maybe Stump only stayed for the 2 song set and left before the encore?

SET LIST:
Imagine That
Bullet Train

ENCORE:
If You Want To
Devil's Elbow
It All Depends (NEW SWIRLING EDDIES SONG)
Rocky Mountain Mines
Giants In The Land (NEW SWIRLING EDDIES SONG)
The Gates of Eden
Get Me Ready
The Midget, The Speck and the Molecule (NEW SWIRLING EDDIES SONG)
No Ship Coming In
Bad Indigestion (KAREOKE)
Moses In The Desert (KAREOKE)
If You Loved Here
Burn It Up
Broken Like Brooklyn
No Room For Us
That's Where Jesus Is
Eleanor, It's Raining Now

The Dogs rocked, it was a great show and the 'schtick' was actually pretty sparse. A "professor" should know the difference between "Vaudeville" and "Burlesque" ...

....the fact he is a "professor" is not proof he isn't wacky on the junk. Wink
08-08-2007 12:33
Golden Retriever

A 19 song set......is what Stumpy considers "a little music"...............

drugz
Roll Eyes
08-08-2007 12:41 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

No offense to the guy, but I guess they don't call him "stump" for nothing! It certainly stumps me. I wasn't at Cornerstone, but if it's anything like the subsequent shows (esp. the one I saw in NJ), the assessment is way off. If anything, it seemed that the Dogs focused on the music. Of course, it wouldn't be a Lost Dogs show if they didn't also have a little "burlesque vaudeville" (heh heh) thrown in. That's part of the greatness and fun that make up a Lost Dogs show. Mebbe he lost all sense of judgment and humor, since he did acknowledge it was late and he was dead tired. 19 songs is hardly "a little music thrown in". Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinions, but he's spreading untruth among the brethren. It's blasphemy, I tell ya Big Grin !!

08-08-2007 15:53 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
stump
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 08-08-2007

Ouch!!! I'm taking a beating here! In my defense:

1. I own every Lost Dogs album ever made and listen to them regularly.
2. I've seen them at Cornerstone six times.
3. If one of my kids hadn't been sleeping on my lap, I would have jumped up on stage to do a karaoke with them, and it would have been the highlight of my (very inconsequential) musical career.
4. The first definition of "burlesque" in the American Heritage Dictionary is "A literary or dramatic work that ridicules a subject either by presenting a solemn subject in an undignified style or an inconsequential subject in a dignified style." Perhaps that's not the best word to use in description of the show (I was typing the entry on my phone while stuck in traffic, so I didn't have a thesaurus handy), but it's not far off (you have to get to definition #3 before anything like "cleavage" comes into the connotation--that's not what I was charging).
5. It takes more than a certain quantity of songs to be played before the show is about the music. Put microphones in front of Terry and Mike, and you're going to get farcical material (look that word up too before criticizing it!). And it is very funny at times, but it is not really about the music.
6. I claim that a newcomer to the Dogs, who hasn't spent hours in the headphones contemplating the synthesis of music and lyrics (which is where their genius is truly found), wouldn't have come away from the Cornerstone 07 show with a deep appreciation of the music of the band--though perhaps an appreciation of their wit.
7. I repent and promise never to utter such blasphemy again.

- stump

08-08-2007 18:57 stump is offline Send an Email to stump Homepage of stump Search for Posts by stump Add stump to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

quote:
Originally posted by stump
... I repent and promise never to utter such blasphemy again.

- stump

nIcE Cool & welcome to the LDmb

I HoPe you know we were just having a little fun at your expense.

08-09-2007 08:17 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
Originally posted by stump
... I repent and promise never to utter such blasphemy again.

- stump

nIcE Cool & welcome to the LDmb

I HoPe you know we were just having a little fun at your expense.

Stump's bark has some holes in it from all the poking. Wink

Welcome to the LDmb, Stump.

-Psalm 73:26

08-09-2007 08:44 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Marti
Dachshund

If anybody has any MP3s or something postable from Cornerstone, please let me know one way or the other. I'm trying to keep up the Cornerstone momentum started by a guitar player from Eden's Way over on the Seymour Duncan board. I'd like to let some of the 12,000+ membership over there hear the Dogs.
08-08-2007 22:13 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Marti
Dachshund

quote:
Originally posted by Marti
If anybody has any MP3s or something postable from Cornerstone, please let me know one way or the other. I'm trying to keep up the Cornerstone momentum started by a guitar player from Eden's Way over on the Seymour Duncan board. I'd like to let some of the 12,000+ membership over there hear the Dogs.

anybody? Confused
08-09-2007 11:40 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

quote:
quote:

anybody? Confused

I'm working on something from the Katy (Houston) show, if that would help.
08-09-2007 13:46 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Big Jim
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Mr. Stump,

I don't think anyone expected you to come on here and defend yourself - that takes a lot of courage! Smile Seriously, hope you realized this was nothing but a good-natured ribbing. We all have off-nights, but maybe the off-night was yours at Cornerstone? Wink Case in point, I once saw a great movie (Lord of the Rings: Return of the King), but it was spoiled for me because I wasn't feeling well through the whole experience. It wasn't the movie, it was me.

Anyways, this is all in the eye of the beholder anyway, and in my opinion you are entitled to your own opinion and in no way does this tarnish your membership as a fan in good standing.

Roll Eyes Yeesh, that sounded pretentious...

Welcome to the LDMB!

08-09-2007 09:10 Big Jim is offline Send an Email to Big Jim Homepage of Big Jim Search for Posts by Big Jim Add Big Jim to your Buddy List Add Big Jim to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet YIM Account Name of Big Jim: LeslieLet View the MSN Profile for Big Jim
Golden Retriever

Welcome to the Doggie Board, Stumpy.
I just have one question for you.
Were you on acid?
Have you ever done acid?
Could it have been a flashback, maybe?
Wink
Tongue
08-09-2007 12:28 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

I don't have any recordings from Cornerstone, was too busy working. I am sure some were made but by who is a good question. The show went over with the crowd pretty well, we were very busy durring and after the show. A lot of questions by 'new' fans and a ton of sales. So I didn't get a chance to see if any of the regular recorders were at the soundbooth.
08-09-2007 14:37
Marti
Dachshund

Thanks for the offer. Depending on how brave I feel, I might take a boot from one of the other shows over there, if I can think of a good segue line. The thing that concerns me is that the mods are cracking down on this list of five "G"s, including God, because of the spat level. I think that a bunch of guitar players could relate to good guitar playing, in any case.
08-09-2007 15:01 Marti is offline Send an Email to Marti Search for Posts by Marti Add Marti to your Buddy List
Chihuahua

Would Elenore suffice?
08-09-2007 20:35 gingeflixen is offline Send an Email to gingeflixen Homepage of gingeflixen Search for Posts by gingeflixen Add gingeflixen to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Cornerstone 2007

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH