Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Videotaping Concerts » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Videotaping Concerts
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
beagle
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-292.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2005

Videotaping Concerts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've seen people videotaping the Dogs at previous concerts. Do the Lost Dogs have any restrictions against videotaping their concerts, other than the obvious no-no of reselling the video? Do they unofficially just look the other way or does this really upset them?

I'm asking for two reasons. 1) I'd love to have a video I can put on the television when I need a fix, and 2) there's some people at my church who will miss our upcoming concert and they'd like to see the Dogs.
06-04-2007 13:48 beagle is offline Send an Email to beagle Search for Posts by beagle Add beagle to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I think generally they are ok with it as long as it doesn't interfere with them in any way. And like you said the obvious selling of it is not encoruaged. What I usually do is send a copy to the band, Mike or whoever. You can alwas ask them at the show, just to be sure. Occassionally a band may not want videotaping or soundboards made of a certain tour if they plan on releasing a live album or video of that tour. But I think that is pretty much the exception.

Oh, one issue I have run into is occassionally even if the band is ok with it the venue might not be. But if you are the promoter, you would already know if you can get away with videotaping at the place you set the concert.
06-04-2007 13:59
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Videotaping Concerts

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH