Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Roseville Show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Roseville Show
Posts in this Thread Author Date
« Previous Page
 RE: Roseville Show Ron E 10-03-2006 19:21
 RE: Roseville Show DaLe 10-04-2006 15:56
 RE: Roseville Show MarkyMark77 10-04-2006 17:52
 Latte? dpdpdp 10-04-2006 20:27
 RE: Roseville Show MarkyMark77 10-06-2006 11:11
 RE: Roseville Show Audiori J 10-06-2006 12:35
 RE: Roseville Show MarkyMark77 10-06-2006 18:25

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi dpdpdp,
I'm a little distracted tonight, I don't really remember what I was specifically thinking of the other day, though I want you to know that I was not knocking your opinion. I'm actually quite intrigued to read what you've said. Obviously we won't all agree on everything and we all make flaws in logic, so we can argue till we're blue in the face, I'll get back to you on the Blue Like Jazz thoughts, maybe when I finish the book, likely tonight. Go ahead and challenge us, they even have an area here to let us vent and say controversial stuff that the "general public" won't read, something that the moderators and others don't really want to happen here is bad pub for the band, its tough enough to make ends meet without fighting it out in public. Okay, now i'm rambling... check back in later.
In Christ...

10-03-2006 19:21 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

10-04-2006 15:56 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77 MarkyMark77 is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-304.jpg

Registration Date: 06-30-2005

I think dp needs to lighten up. I've been critical of these guys when I didn't like a particular song or something else. But, did you really think that you wouldn't get some disagreement when you negatively critiqued a show on their message board?

Very rarely is every single thing about any event bad. Very rarely it is. But I can't listen to something like "Broken Like Brooklyn" and think that it's the normal CCM tripe, both musically and lyrically.

It reminds me of a review of "A Momentary Lapse of Reason". When it came out, everyone said it was Pink Floyd lite. But one reviewer commented on this lyric: "Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I". He said that while you may not think this new Floyd is nearly as good as the old, top 40 lyrics very rarely get more poetic than that.

BTW, as far as all that stuff that you listed, I would be willing to do all that. Most people on this board would.

And I disagree with the concept of Audiori's post. We are to be constructively critical in the church. It doesn't mean that we're not joyous just because we don't think something was done well. "Iron sharpens Iron." As much as I disagree with dp on most of what he's said, I think sometimes this board (and the church) needs just such an enema!

77's - 9/13/96, 9/17/96, 10/29/99; LOST DOGS - ?/?/1994?, 2/10/96, 5/24/96, 7/5/05, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE - 3/14/02, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE/MARK HARMON - 11/20/04 MIKE ROE/TERRY TAYLOR - 8/19/03; MIKE ROE/MIKE PRITZL - 11/18/05, 11/14/06, 6/29/07
10-04-2006 17:52 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dpdpdp
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 09-29-2006

Thread Starter Thread Started by dpdpdp
Latte? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Latte or Expresso for your enema Mrs. Church?

MarkMark77 - we agree on something!

dp
10-04-2006 20:27 dpdpdp is offline Search for Posts by dpdpdp Add dpdpdp to your Buddy List
Dachshund

Wink Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Audiori,
I'm talking mostly about accountability. There is a vast difference between negativity and criticism. I think it's alright if the band knows what people think, even if it's bad. I love my wife, but if she's doing something stupid, I let her know. And she does the same for me. I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't think criticism is focusing on the ups and downs. If you weren't talking about constructive criticism in that post, then disregard this one.

Most criticism of the band would be opinion, but I don't think we should be afraid. For example, I think some of the fans and you especially are too ensitive about criticism of the band. But I don't like this community less, or appreciate less what you personally do for the band. From what little I know about what you do, you work your tail off for I band I love. I appreciate that. But all that doesn't mean they're immune from criticism sometimes. God will sometimes use it to bring you closer to Him, to do your ministry better, etc.

God is even using dp to accomplish something in the LD community. Anything is possibleSmile

77's - 9/13/96, 9/17/96, 10/29/99; LOST DOGS - ?/?/1994?, 2/10/96, 5/24/96, 7/5/05, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE - 3/14/02, 6/29/07; MIKE ROE/MARK HARMON - 11/20/04 MIKE ROE/TERRY TAYLOR - 8/19/03; MIKE ROE/MIKE PRITZL - 11/18/05, 11/14/06, 6/29/07

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 10-06-2006 11:13.

10-06-2006 11:11 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Actually criticism I don't have a problem with. Accountability I don't have a problem with.

"I think it's alright if the band knows what people think, even if it's bad."

Sure, thats why the thread is still here.

"There is a vast difference between negativity and criticism."

Right. If a person focuses on everything bad and lets that ruin their enjoyment I think that is negativity. And especially for a believer, if they focus on the surface perceived bad and miss the message or spirit behind it I think that is defeat.

We sometimes can be like the Isrealites in the desert, 'spit out mana and God sends quail'. We have to learn to be thankful for what God gives us even when its not what we want or how we want it. Miracles can be subtle, we can miss them if on the surface they don't suit our taste.

The question is did the band do something they need to be held accountable for? Or is this just negativity?
10-06-2006 12:35
Dachshund

quote:
The question is did the band do something they need to be held accountable for? Or is this just negativity?
Yeah, of course. I've never seen a bad show with any of these guys. I thought that this thread was just negativity from the start. But it seemed to play out a little better.

Although, when the 77's played in Toledo in 1996, I saw them in Upland, IN the week before. I told Mike I was at the Upland show, and he said, "so, you got to see the real thing." Which I had to concur with. The Toledo show was on a small stage, short set, etc. A good show, but not great, I guess. So, the venue does count for something, especially when it limits what the band can do. I heard later that this was broadcast on the local Christian radio station, which was in the Christian bookstore where they played. I wish I had a copy of that now!

10-06-2006 18:25 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » Concert Reviews and Pics » Roseville Show

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH