Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Old LP's/CD's » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Old LP's/CD's
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Old LP's/CD's mo_jojo 08-26-2006 22:17
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Tor The Magical Eunuch 09-10-2006 23:19
 RE: Old LP's/CD's DaLe 10-31-2007 10:18
 RE: Old LP's/CD's trcf 11-01-2007 12:35
 new (sort of) music Mike B. 08-27-2006 00:20
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Alex 08-27-2006 15:23
 Chagall Guevara BigFiber 08-28-2006 12:07
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Audiori J 08-28-2006 12:45
 Old Lps etc.. Mike B. 08-28-2006 21:16
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Audiori J 08-29-2006 14:19
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Mark 09-10-2006 19:18
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Audiori J 09-11-2006 10:23
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Jace 09-09-2006 09:10
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Mark 09-11-2006 12:57
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Audiori J 09-11-2006 14:31
 RE: Old LP's/CD's Mark 09-11-2006 14:41

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Old LP's/CD's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I stopped by my younger bro's house tonight and was in the basement checking out his music collection. (This is the same guy who introduced me to the Choir in 1989...I had to ask him why he never also told me about DA, 77's, and Adam Again)

Anyway, he loaned me a couple of old CD's that I haven't found yet, and mentioned that he's gonna burn onto CD all the vinyl that he owns (some of it is mine that I left at the house when I joined the army and he assumed was up for grabs). Anyway, most of it is late 70's - mid 80's, and he says he has some OOP 77's and maybe some DA. We didn't see any in the stack that was on the shelf we looked at, but given all the audio/video stuff and stacks and stacks of stuff in his studio, it could be anywhere.

I hope he finds a goldmine. I also hope that he's able to transfer to disc without all the pops and static that vinyl was notorious for.

Anyone out there find any cool stuff like this lately?

08-26-2006 22:17 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Tor The Magical Eunuch
Border Collie

images/avatars/avatar-223.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

RE: Old LP's/CD's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I found my LP of the William Lee Golden solo album, American Vagabond. I've never played it, since I don't own a record player and probably never will (again).

09-10-2006 23:19 Tor The Magical Eunuch is offline Search for Posts by Tor The Magical Eunuch Add Tor The Magical Eunuch to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Old LP's/CD's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo
Anyone out there find any cool stuff like this lately?

YuP Cool

CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT - Come On In - 1977

10-31-2007 10:18 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
trcf trcf is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-257.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

yup... Pleased

MIND GARAGE - Again! The Electric Liturgy - 1969

trcf has attached this image:
Again.. The Electric Liturgy.jpg

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by trcf: 11-01-2007 16:12.

11-01-2007 12:35 trcf is offline Send an Email to trcf Search for Posts by trcf Add trcf to your Buddy List
Mike B. Mike B. is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-247.jpg

Registration Date: 08-20-2006

new (sort of) music Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just recently found some LPs at work that a friend had given me a couple years ago.

Mark Heard-->eye of the storm
Keith Green-->No Compromise
Chuck Girard-->Take it Easy
Chuck Girard-->All Those Years

The same guy also gave me LP's of these a couple years ago (if you would consider that lately Smile )

-->The first two Love Song albums
-->Daniel Amos-->Shotgun Angel
08-27-2006 00:20 Mike B. is offline Search for Posts by Mike B. Add Mike B. to your Buddy List
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Last year I ran into a load of cheap LPs (Jerusalem, Keaggy, etc.) that I bought and spread around among my friends because I already had most of them.

Three weeks ago I purchased a used copy of "Chagall Guevara" for 6€ (7USD)

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

08-27-2006 15:23 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
BigFiber BigFiber is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 03-25-2005

Chagall Guevara Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I haven't thought of them in years...I should find out what Steve Taylors doing now adays. Anyone hear anything lately?

As for older music, my best bud John has a pretty extensive collection of older Christian music that I keep trying to get him to unpack after he moved into a new house...

Anyone remember how good DA's Motorcycle was? My fav Da!

08-28-2006 12:07 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Steve Taylor gave up music for movie making, his first came out on DVD not long ago called The Second Chance.

I still have all my records in my bookcase, I have all the DA stuff and some other regular albums. Mostly at the time I was buying hard to find things like radio shows and imports. I used to go to Record conventions in St louis every month, used to really get into the whole collector market. Have not got back into that type of thing in years.
08-28-2006 12:45
Mike B. Mike B. is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-247.jpg

Registration Date: 08-20-2006

Question Old Lps etc.. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Did anyone ever hear of a Christian rock group from the late 70's named Zachariah?
08-28-2006 21:16 Mike B. is offline Search for Posts by Mike B. Add Mike B. to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Think I may have heard the name, but thats it. I tried to do a little internet search and found nothing. I may have seen the name in old CCM record advertisements like John Brzitsky's old paper or something.
08-29-2006 14:19
Mark Mark is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-288.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
Think I may have heard the name, but thats it. I tried to do a little internet search and found nothing. I may have seen the name in old CCM record advertisements like John Brzitsky's old paper or something.

Tell me about John Brzitsky. The name sounds very familiar.

I used to talk to him and he helped me find some hard to find stuff about 14 years ago. I never met him in person.

09-10-2006 19:18 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J

Tell me about John Brzitsky. The name sounds very familiar.

I used to talk to him and he helped me find some hard to find stuff about 14 years ago. I never met him in person.

I never met him I don't think, he was in Florida and had a collector paper named Vortexx I think. A bunch of collectors would advertise in that paper selling records and other stuff. I think I bought some Harmony magazines through it and a few LPs. One guy in the paper was selling some DA test pressings once, I tried to buy those but was too late. I ended up getting the Horrendous Disc and Alarma test pressings though much later. I think John got sort of burned by a label or something and gave up on the little paper. At least thats what I heard last.
09-11-2006 10:23
Jace Jace is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-62.jpg

Registration Date: 03-29-2005

I just bought the 77's lp on ebay. (the Island/Exit release) and a 12" of Mercy Mercy from All Fall Down. Paid $2.50. Good deal.

09-09-2006 09:10 Jace is offline Send an Email to Jace Search for Posts by Jace Add Jace to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male
Dachshund

Yes, now I remember. It brings back memories. He printed stuff on regular paper and had listings from different people. Type sizes and fonts differed even on each page. I don't remember what specific things he helped me find, but he was pretty helpful as I recall. I think I was talking to him sometime during the years 1991-1993. I think he also gave it up sometime around that time, but I could be wrong.

09-11-2006 12:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yep, I still have all his little papers. Basically photocopies of the listings people sent him. I know Tom Gulotta advertised a few times in there, John Winters with his Larry Norman stuff, a bunch of other people.
09-11-2006 14:31
Mark Mark is a male
Dachshund

Yes, I think I had some of his papers still. I think I just threw them away during the past week while I was cleaning. I found a bunch of old stuff. I did keep my Swirling Eddies newsletters though. Big Grin

09-11-2006 14:41 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Old LP's/CD's

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH