Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Pictures from Voorhees NJ show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pictures from Voorhees NJ show
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Pictures from Voorhees NJ show pmac 07-16-2006 22:36
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show the fifth dog 07-17-2006 01:02
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show pmac 07-17-2006 11:57
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show bereal 07-17-2006 01:26
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show pmac 07-17-2006 11:55
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show jiminy 07-17-2006 10:51
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show pmac 07-17-2006 11:53
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show Audiori J 07-17-2006 12:05
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show Zudrak 07-17-2006 14:30
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show pmac 07-17-2006 16:57
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show Zudrak 07-18-2006 08:28
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show jiminy 07-17-2006 14:57
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show Zudrak 07-17-2006 15:22
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show pmac 07-17-2006 16:55
 RE: Pictures from Voorhees NJ show jiminy 07-18-2006 08:19

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

Pictures from Voorhees NJ show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi all...

Wasn't sure I was going to make this show - drove back home today to Allentown PA from weekend of camping in upstate NY, and I was pretty tired - but my son begged me to go.

Glad we went. Great material from the new CD (which, of course, we picked up at the show). Loved hearing some of the oldies like Eleanor, It's Raining Now and Rocky Mountain Mines.

Some pics here, if anyone's interested:

Lost Dogs Voorhees NJ

07-16-2006 22:36 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
the fifth dog the fifth dog is a female
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-151.gif

Registration Date: 07-13-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cool pictures!

especially like derri's shirt Cool

07-17-2006 01:02 the fifth dog is offline Send an Email to the fifth dog Homepage of the fifth dog Search for Posts by the fifth dog Add the fifth dog to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for the fifth dog
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

Thread Starter Thread Started by pmac
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by the fifth dog
cool pictures!

especially like derri's shirt Cool

I can't imagine why! Pleased

07-17-2006 11:57 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

dang, derri's hair only lacks about 3 inches of being the same length as mine. I think his hair has grown about 3 inches since they left for the tour. Shocked

btw, great pics Cool

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
07-17-2006 01:26 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
dang, derri's hair only lacks about 3 inches of being the same length as mine. I think his hair has grown about 3 inches since they left for the tour. Shocked

btw, great pics Cool

Thanks!

Can't say I noticed the hair growth, though!

Tongue

07-17-2006 11:55 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
jiminy
Dachshund

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

and I see thats a traveling
throne- o meter!!

What a gas
Nice pic - I couldnt see the (ahem...!) fine detail
in the last pics.

Someone please pray tell how that thing works.
audience response- - like Queen for a day???

07-17-2006 10:51 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
What a gas
Nice pic - I couldnt see the (ahem...!) fine detail
in the last pics.?

Yeah, I was experimenting between using the flash and using no flash. You can guess which ones had the longer exposure times...

quote:
Someone please pray tell how that thing works.
audience response- - like Queen for a day???

"Queen For a Day" was the exact reference Terry used. Said the "old timers" would know it. Well, I'm 43, but not enough of an old-timer I guess, 'cause I never heard of it!

07-17-2006 11:53 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Audiori J
unregistered

Queen For a Day

Jack Bailey;

07-17-2006 12:05
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-260.jpg

Registration Date: 07-17-2006

As posted on Mike Roe's site:

At long last, I was able to see my favorite Christian music whiz, Michael Roe, along with the splendid Lost Dogs last night at the Ashland Evangelical Presbyterian Church in Voorhees, NJ. The crowd was somewhere between 35 and 50 people, but I loved the small crowd feel and intimacy of the venue. Kudos to the church, promoter, and Dogs for the excellent time we had last night. I brought along my sister and 3 year-old son. (My wife is home fighting Cancer of an Unknown Primary [CUP]).

I'll post the two pictures that I had taken when I figure out how to do it. Unfortunately, I did not get a picture with Terry Taylor. Frown Also, the picture with Derry and Steve turned out really dark. Next time (if ever they come to the Northeast again), I will have to remember a camera instead of using my sister's phonecam.

As I first encountered the Dogs in 1992 with the release of "Little Red Riding Hood", I was thrilled to hear them perform "Bad Indigestion", "Rocky Mountain Mines", "Eleanor, It's Raining Now", "No Room for Us", and my all-time favorite Lost Dogs tune, "Imagine That". I could almost hear Gene singing along on that one. Crying

The new tunes are brilliant and I cannot wait to hear the slew of albums I picked up at the table (Island Dreams, Mutt, The Lost Cabin and the Mystery Trees, 7&7 Is: Fun with Sound, Mike Roe: Say Your Prayers, Mike Roe & Mark Harmon: Orbis, The Choir: O How the Mighty Have Fallen, and The Berry Vest of The Swirling Eddies), as well as The 77's DVD. Big Grin

Thanks to Mike, Derry, Terry, and Steve for sticking around, chatting, and signing afterwards. This fan has been blessed by your music for years and was blessed a hundredfold last night by the performance and fellowship afterwards.

God bless and I will see you here, there, or in the air!

In His care,
Michael Gross
National Park, NJ

Here are my pics, which pale in comparison to the OP's.

Here's a dim picture of Steve, myself, my son Michael, and Derry:

Here's a picture of myself, my son Michael, and the very cool Mike Roe:

-Psalm 73:26

07-17-2006 14:30 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak
The crowd was somewhere between 35 and 50 people, but I loved the small crowd feel and intimacy of the venue. Kudos to the church, promoter, and Dogs for the excellent time we had last night. I brought along my sister and 3 year-old son. (My wife is home fighting Cancer of an Unknown Primary [CUP]).

Maybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I was guessing the crowd at least around 80 or so.

(Sorry to hear about your wife's illness).

07-17-2006 16:57 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
Originally posted by pmacMaybe I'm too much of an optimist, but I was guessing the crowd at least around 80 or so.

I guessed that it was around 50. My sister thinks about 30-35. I was a math major, so I think I'm closer. Wink I was a theatre major, too, after that. So, perhaps I'm improvising a number? Confused

quote:
(Sorry to hear about your wife's illness).

Thank you very much! To tell the truth, it has made us grow closer to each other and (more importantly) to the Lord. I've never had an easier time trusting Him for everything. And she's made some progress, so we can actually travel, etc. (We're going to Toronto at the end of the month for a week.) It's just the chemo that knocks her down a peg at times.

She's not a Dogs fan, but I was hoping her attendance would convert her. Big Grin My sister was kind enough to come, though -- and her favorite Christian band is the Newsboys!

07-18-2006 08:28 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
jiminy
Dachshund

I did say Queen for a day dint I???

I must have read about it in an old historical book about early TV

(nahh- I actually remember watching it!!!)

07-17-2006 14:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Dachshund

quote:
I did say Queen for a day dint I???

I must have read about it in an old historical book about early TV

(nahh- I actually remember watching it!!!)

Wink

I feel young as I didn't get the reference. The b&w picture tells me why.

Still, the presentation made the concert very warm and the guys know how to connect (and entertain!) their audience.

I don't know what I liked better -- the Throne Check-o-meter or the Candy discussion. Cool

07-17-2006 15:22 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

quote:
Originally posted by Zudrak

I don't know what I liked better -- the Throne Check-o-meter or the Candy discussion. Cool

The candy discussion was hilarious... I can't believe people buy and eat some of that stuff they were showing.

Good review above. Wish I had the nerve to ask for a picture with my son and the band!

...also wish I brought more cash. The 77s DVD and A Boat Ashore I wanted but had to leave behind!

Frown

07-17-2006 16:55 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
jiminy
Dachshund

Either way - its quality - not quantity that counts.
How I'd love to see the boys playing "the big rooms"- but their charm takes them to some pretty small venues
and they seem to love it every night.

Seein em last year at C stone was a shot in the arm- they get a nice crowd there..and though not a room - its a goodly tent to get under when they play

07-18-2006 08:19 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Pictures from Voorhees NJ show

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH