Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Thats where Jesus Is » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Thats where Jesus Is
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Thats where Jesus Is mike 07-06-2006 11:14
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is DaLe 07-06-2006 11:38
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is bereal 07-06-2006 14:33
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Jace 07-06-2006 17:29
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is mo_jojo 07-06-2006 18:40
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is djblack70 07-12-2006 08:50
 Good people Kalhoun 07-15-2006 10:07
 That's Where Jesus Is Kalhoun 07-15-2006 10:04
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Audiori J 07-06-2006 18:58
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is mo_jojo 07-07-2006 02:56
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is mo_jojo 07-07-2006 03:08
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Audiori J 07-07-2006 07:37
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Ron E 07-07-2006 09:51
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is mike 07-07-2006 10:21
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Ron E 07-07-2006 11:39
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Audiori J 07-07-2006 12:29
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Ron E 07-07-2006 13:51
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is Audiori J 07-07-2006 13:56
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is mo_jojo 07-08-2006 00:38
 RE: Thats where Jesus Is mike 07-09-2006 09:30
Next Page »

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mike mike is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 06-15-2006

Thats where Jesus Is Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Looks like the station manager added "Thats Where Jesus Is" to the
playlist. Playing next after insight for living - first time ever on the radio?
here it goes.
m
07-06-2006 11:14 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Thats where Jesus Is Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mike
Looks like the station manager added "Thats Where Jesus Is" to the
playlist. Playing next after insight for living - first time ever on the radio?
here it goes.
m

really Cool

07-06-2006 11:38 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

Now if we could all influence our local stations to play a few Dogs' songs, we could increase their popularity ~ at least enough that people don't look at you dumbfounded when you say "The Lost Dogs". Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
07-06-2006 14:33 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Jace Jace is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-62.jpg

Registration Date: 03-29-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WKRP in Cinncinati are playing the Dogs... Cool

07-06-2006 17:29 Jace is offline Send an Email to Jace Search for Posts by Jace Add Jace to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

This might well be the best song on the album, although the lyrics have me wondering about a few things.

I think what he's saying is that Jesus is the friend of the sinner, a Man acquainted with sorrow, and filled with compassion for those who have hit bottom. As opposed to those who have it all, here on Earth, but who serve mammon rather than God.

Or maybe it's just a call to action to serve and to help those in the gutter, and dying with illness, and hooked on drugs and booze, and those in prison, etc...at the end when they sing...

He wants our voice, that's how He talks,
and He wants our feet, that's how He walks,
And He wants our faith, although it's never enough,
He wants our hearts, that's how He loves.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mo_jojo: 07-12-2006 01:15.

07-06-2006 18:40 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
djblack70 djblack70 is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Hey Mo_JoJo,

I think this song is pretty much summed up in Mathew 25:33-40...

The Son of Man will put the sheep (good people) on his right and the goats (bad people) on his left. "Then the king will say to those good people on his right, 'Come. My Father has given you great blessings. Come and get the kingdom God promised you. That kingdom has been prepared for you since the world was made. You can have this kingdom, because I was hungry and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me something to drink. I was alone and away from home, and you invited me into your home. I was without clothes, and you gave me something to wear. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you came to visit me.' "Then the good people will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you alone and away from home and invite you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear? When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?' "Then the king will answer, 'I tell you the truth. Anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.'
07-12-2006 08:50 djblack70 is offline Send an Email to djblack70 Search for Posts by djblack70 Add djblack70 to your Buddy List
Kalhoun Kalhoun is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-238.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2006

Good people Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Now if someone could define what "good people" are, cause I'm not sure how well defined those lines are. I think it's a little different than a good vs evil thing. I think of sheep as folllowers and goats as those who are nay sayers. Those who follow Jesus will follow him right into his father's arms. Those that sit and say NAYYYY, good luck to ya cause you are on your own. Of course, the nay sayers wouldn't have it any other way.

"Good people." Now that's funny. There are no good people.

Michael

07-15-2006 10:07 Kalhoun is offline Send an Email to Kalhoun Homepage of Kalhoun Search for Posts by Kalhoun Add Kalhoun to your Buddy List
Kalhoun Kalhoun is a male
Miniature Poodle

images/avatars/avatar-238.jpg

Registration Date: 07-15-2006

That's Where Jesus Is Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's a few themes in That's Where Jesus Is. Definitely to help the downtrodden. Definitely that Jesus is a friend to the disadvantaged. Most importantly, though, Jesus returns through our hearts. We are his hands. We are him in this world. People seem to think the return of Jesus is going to be some big deal. I think Terry understands that it won't be.

If Jesus is to come like a thief in the night, by the time the world finds out he's here, he'll already be long gone. What good thief get's caught in the act?

There's something to be said for working under the radar. You get more done without drawing attention to yourself and your enemies are not able to seek you out and interfere with your work.

Jesus is already here doing his perfect will through the hearts of those who will allow him in and allow him to use their hands, feet, eyes and hearts. By the time the world wakes up to this, we will be gone.

Of course, I could be wrong. I've been told that's happened before.

Michael

07-15-2006 10:04 Kalhoun is offline Send an Email to Kalhoun Homepage of Kalhoun Search for Posts by Kalhoun Add Kalhoun to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

We change the world by being Jesus hands and feet here on earth for the poor and afflicted, not through politics. He's not in the big debates, he's not hugging trees (left) or killing them (right), he's not rooting for the home team, he's not in that fight (either side).
07-06-2006 18:58
Greyhound

KILLING them???!!! That's what the conservatives do? Kill??? Thanks alot!!! Big Grin (Let's not forget that the tree-huggin' left politicians are the ones keeping abortion legal.)

Seriously though, I was pretty sure that's what they meant, but I also know that we come from different positions on things, so you can't always be too sure. Thanks for confirming.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mo_jojo: 07-07-2006 03:00.

07-07-2006 02:56 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Ah-hhem. Anyway.... It's great to hear that the Dogs are getting some bigtime airplay in some areas. This is just the song that needs to be played, too.

Bottom line---let's all do more for our neighbor. (But Lord, who is my neighbor?) Remember the "good Samaritan" the next time you see someone in need. We're Jesus' arms and hands and feet. God help us to heed the call, and bring glory to His name.

Thanks for the tune, Bro. Terry.

07-07-2006 03:08 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

I wouldn't assume you come from two different positions. We shouldn't be so affiliated with a "side".

The point is Chrsitians fight with flesh and blood laterally, in debates, dissentions, divisions and arguments. That is not where Jesus is, He works vertically down through us to do more for our neighbor, love one another, even our enemies. Thats where we should be spending our time. Not hung up on the world, the world does what the world does and that is temporal, what Christians should be spending their time on is that which is eternal. Being an example of Christ on earth.
07-07-2006 07:37
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

images/avatars/avatar-269.gif

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

So what is an appropriate (aka effective) way of getting a song on the radio when the album is independent? Should I get a bunch of friends to request it? Can we get it up on a website and refer people to it so they can hear it, that way they can say even."I've heard this song and think it would be appropriate/terrific for your station," Even if they don't want to say "its the best ever"? Any thoughts?

07-07-2006 09:51 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by mike

The way it usually works is you get on a comp and then the comp company sends it out to all the stations and then calls and bugs the heck out of them to see if they are playing it or not. It ain't cheap.

There is also a download site that does kinda the same thing but
more effort on the music director to log ain and get the song.

You can call as many stations as you want but if they don't have
the song it really won't matter.

m
07-07-2006 10:21 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

right, and so I wonder about having it "out here" somewhere, so people can refer it, maybe I can even send them a copy, or the lads can send it out, if requested? I don't know, I'm wondering what happens? Maybe I should jsut email the local station and ask someone there about how to get it on the air.

07-07-2006 11:39 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

You get us an address of a station we will make sure they have it. We can't send out 500 copies for free, but some to radio stations that might actually play it would work. We had a couple radio people ask for a copy at Cornerstone.

If you guys can post even the website to some of the stations that might be a perfect target for a copy, we will try and cover the major cities at least.

If we can compile a list of 20 or 30 major cities stations, we could hit them with a copy every time something new is out. Then we all would know which stations to request from. Smile
07-07-2006 12:29
Ron E Ron E is a male
Scottish Terrier

I've emailed to the station nearest me to see who to send it to and to see if they would "guarantee" airplay. They have a guy who does "retro hits" so I asked him to tell me what to do.

07-07-2006 13:51 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah, we've done it a few times. Usually there is a programming director, and it seems like usually they want 2 copies. Even if they don't guarantee it, if they have a copy and people request it... Smile
07-07-2006 13:56
Greyhound

Oops. Wrong thread.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mo_jojo: 07-08-2006 00:39.

07-08-2006 00:38 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
mike mike is a male
Miniature Poodle

Thread Starter Thread Started by mike

It might be time for someone (maybe me) to start a comp company
targeting college/indie/xian radio stations with music that is in this niche.

Use Guitar Center to print up 100 CDs - mail them out and do the promotion

It would be hard work but I think people like The Dogs,The Choir, 77s, etc. could benifit from that.

hmmmm.....

Eventually you could find 100 or more strong stations that would play some of what you send.

It would be a lot cheaper then the bands sending out 100 full CDs.

m
07-09-2006 09:30 mike is offline Send an Email to mike Homepage of mike Search for Posts by mike Add mike to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Thats where Jesus Is

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH