Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs in Roxana, IL (St. Louis metro) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dogs in Roxana, IL (St. Louis metro)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Dogs in Roxana, IL (St. Louis metro) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know that Bret, Cliff, and the Audiori's will be there. Anyone else going to this show? I'll be the dude wearing the black 'The Choir "OHTMHF" shirt' fumbling around with camera equip. Introduce yourself...it'd be nice to meet the other fans present.

The Official countdown until 7/7, 7pm: (7/7/7???)
20 days, 16.5 hours.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mo_jojo: 06-17-2006 02:30.

06-16-2006 03:31 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

O How I Wish I Could Crying

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
06-16-2006 16:25 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
rob 3.0 rob 3.0 is a male
Border Collie

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Bret!!!! You're gonna be there? coolness Cool
I too will be at the show.

~Mike Roe
06-21-2006 18:14 rob 3.0 is offline Send an Email to rob 3.0 Homepage of rob 3.0 Search for Posts by rob 3.0 Add rob 3.0 to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of rob 3.0: digitalrob3 YIM Account Name of rob 3.0: flashfan77
bushman
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 06-23-2006

I will be there with 14 year old son in tow!

bushman
06-23-2006 13:31 bushman is offline Send an Email to bushman Search for Posts by bushman Add bushman to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Thread Starter Thread Started by mo_jojo

Hey St. Louis fans, I'm gonna put together a little basket for the band, and want to invite you to bring a little something to include, if you so desire. I'm getting some local food & drink items, and a card to express our thanks to them for visiting the outskirts of the fair city of Saint Louis. it can just be a note or a photo or whatever, or you can pass. I will be there early, and will be wearing a white 'the Choir' tour shirt and a black 'Roots' ball cap. If you want to include your hoo-ya or want to sign the card, just come see me.

Fans who can't attend and want to send a message to be added to the basket, can email or PM me. All members' msg's rec'd will be included.

Just trying to spread the love.

06-30-2006 01:12 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Dachshund

images/avatars/avatar-249.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo
Hey St. Louis fans, I'm gonna put together a little basket for the band, and want to invite you to bring a little something to include, if you so desire. I'm getting some local food & drink items, and a card to express our thanks to them for visiting the outskirts of the fair city of Saint Louis.

Thats cool man...but how will you keep the Ted Drewes from melting all over the basket? My personal St. Louis fav's:

Farrotto's pizza and toasted ravioli
Ted Drewes frozen custard
Amighetti's "Special" subs...
Imo's pizza is really good too...
Lions Choice makes a good hot dog and fries...

dang....now I'm hungry....

jeffrey k.

06-30-2006 05:14 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Hmmm. St. Louis Faves....

These won't all be in the basket. I won't say for sure what'll be in it, but here are some non-fine-dining things I love from around here.

Ted Drewes' Hawaiian sundae is good. So is Fritz' turtle sundae.
Any pasta from the Hill. Cunetto's, Guido's, Zia's, Rigazzi's...it's all good.
Any meat or cheese from Volpi Deli.
Fazio's bread. Amighetti's bread/sandwiches. Viviano's produce.
Rich & Charlie's salad, deluxe pizza, and their cheesecake is awesome.
Gus' pretzels. A-B beer. Stonehill wine. Mt. Pleasant wine.
St. Louis Bread Co. (where Panera got started) bagels & sticky buns.
Lamarr's donuts (really from KC, but there's one here).
Culpepper's chicken wings. Seamus McDaniel's burgers.
Soulard market produce, esp. watermelons in July & Aug.
Cecil Whittaker's toasted ravioli. Bandana's BBQ.
Crown Candy sandwiches & ice cream...the best in town done the old way.
Steaks at Tuckers. Fries at the Chesterfield Krieger's, and their blackened chicken sandwich.
Breakfast at Uncle Bill's on Kingshighway. OT Hodges' chile...the slinger.
Talayna's NY style pizza. Cicero's pizza. Blueberry Hill's burgers.
The list goes on and on.

hint...some of the above will be there.

07-01-2006 00:21 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Just wondering if one of you fine hounds would give me your opinion on this here basket idea.

My wife says that I should just give them the money to use for gas or some of those Tom's Coconut Strips that the band loves so much --instead of a basket full of goodies that will only take up room in the van and may not get touched until after the tour.

I hadn't thought of that at first, but I think she makes a good point. She says my good intentions often overcome my common sense when I think of things like this. But since I've already invested some moolah towards this cornucopia of Missouri-made munchies, I thought I would go with the recommendations of me brothers and sisters of the dog pound.

So there you go. Let's have it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mo_jojo: 07-03-2006 23:42.

07-03-2006 23:41 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

I think the Dogs like food. Smile But money is good too. Yeah they are both good ideas.
07-03-2006 23:46
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-206.jpg

Registration Date: 04-20-2005
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

well, my

I would do the basket with a few good foods, that most people would like. & an envelope with some ca$h.

07-05-2006 08:48 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Big Grin Thanks y'all. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well, the votes are in. I am gonna choose door # 2 and go with the food basket AND some cash/gas card. Thanks for the advice. It may sound like a dumb question to ask of you, but I do like the band and don't want to offend or have their gifts go to waste. I think the suggestions I've received strike a fair balance.

I just want you all to know that although I am the one rounding this stuff up for the boys, I consider this a gift from the whole Dog pound, especially those of you who are greater fans than I but can't attend any of the few shows available this summer. This one's for you guys and gals.

If you want to send me a message to be included in the card, please do so before 10pm GMT/ 6pm EDT/ 3pm PDT on Friday, July 7th. You can post the msg here in this thread or PM me. I will print them and place them in the card as a token of our appreciation, and hopefully as an encouragement for them whilst out on the road.

Peace!

07-05-2006 16:39 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
larryl
Collie

images/avatars/avatar-226.jpg

did you get my e-mail mo jojo?

crying in the dark

07-05-2006 20:12 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Homepage of larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Yes sir. That thing is taken care of. I got another thing to do at the same time, so we're good.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mo_jojo: 07-06-2006 03:25.

07-06-2006 00:14 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Thanks y'all. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo
If you want to send me a message to be included in the card, please do so before 10pm GMT/ 6pm EDT/ 3pm PDT on Friday, July 7th.

the Lost Dogs
Prayers for peace & safety on the RoaD during this tour Cool
thanks for all the great times in the past & present.
looking forward to hearing the NeW CD!!!

DaLe

please come to Minnesota SooN Smile

07-06-2006 10:10 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jjm97
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-06-2006

RE: Dogs in Roxana, IL (St. Louis metro) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

so do they have a full band this time out or is it just the 3 of them? I'm not so keen to see them live if it's just them.
07-06-2006 22:25 jjm97 is offline Send an Email to jjm97 Search for Posts by jjm97 Add jjm97 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

It's mostly electric... Mike & Terry on guitars.. Derri on bass.. Steve Hindalong on drums. Very cool show... worth seeing for sure.
07-06-2006 22:32
Bret Bret is a male
Beagle

Man, I wish I could be there. If anyone has the ability to get a soundboard recording, I would be WAY interested!!!

07-07-2006 08:05 Bret is offline Send an Email to Bret Homepage of Bret Search for Posts by Bret Add Bret to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

We are bringing our stuff, although not sure if everything will be going through the board. It might end up a partial recording.
07-07-2006 09:40
Greyhound

Cool Tonight's Show. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This was a lot of fun tonight. The band was funny, the music wonderful, and the sound was excellent. The music and comedy went on for almost 2 hours before they finally had to bring things to a close, and it was worth every penny.

Speaking of pennies, if you're going to a show on this tour, be sure to bring plenty of them with you, because the table was overflowing with CD's and merchandise for sale. There were TShirts!!!! Can you believe it?
I got mine, but there were only a few left at the end of the night. I believe these were leftover from Cornerstone, so I don't know if they plan on printing more. They were Jerzees and hanes Beefy Ts crew necks in colors like Forest green, black, maroon, various shades of gray, dark brown, etc and had black or white solid print with the same font of text as the new CD and some of the scroll doodly stuff like the CD. I was shocked, but they way they were selling, I'm sure that they will print more.

I didn't get to mingle with the other fans because I had to get to work, and I'm sorry I didn't get to. However, I had enough time to present the fellas with the little bag o' goodies from our area, and did so in the name of all you fans out there who can't make it to a show this tour. Although only a few responded to my offer to send a message to the band, I did enclose your words in the envelope, and when I mentioned that you guys sent a message inside, I think they were as surprised and as pleased to hear that as they were to see the bounty of goods before them, or maybe more so.

07-08-2006 00:40 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Beagle

Thumb Up! RE: Tonight's Show. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Cool

07-08-2006 07:55 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Dogs in Roxana, IL (St. Louis metro)

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH