Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Cabins and Trees » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cabins and Trees
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
epistrophy epistrophy is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-22-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... and no, almond trees are not my favorites!!

08-18-2006 22:29 epistrophy is offline Send an Email to epistrophy Search for Posts by epistrophy Add epistrophy to your Buddy List
BigFiber BigFiber is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-54.jpg

Registration Date: 03-25-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by epistrophy

That's just plain funny...

08-19-2006 11:49 BigFiber is offline Send an Email to BigFiber Search for Posts by BigFiber Add BigFiber to your Buddy List
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

Thread Starter Thread Started by mo_jojo

quote:
Originally posted by epistrophy

You actually tried to light the wood, without kindling or anything? I wouldn't take it out on the almond wood, I think any hardwood would have been just as trying an experience.

But it's a funny story. Don't all couples have funny stories of when things went really wrong and you almost died? Why are those so funny?

W4J mentioned falling out of a tree. I was one tree-climbing kid! We had lots of tall silver maples in our neighborhood, and my favorite place to hide when we played hide and seek was in one of those trees. Once when the person who was 'it' ran by, I hurried to jump down and run to the 'base', but I messed up and landed on my left wrist. I was 6 and my wrist was broken...ouch. Nothing hurts like a broken bone.

08-20-2006 11:25 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
epistrophy epistrophy is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-22-2006

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo
You actually tried to light the wood, without kindling or anything? I wouldn't take it out on the almond wood, I think any hardwood would have been just as trying an experience.

Well, yeah, it would have been nice if they had provided kindling! But there was none, and all of the material outside that we could have maybe used for kindling was sodden with rainwater. (I rummaged around in the woods before I gave up and checked the car for flammable materials...)

08-20-2006 21:07 epistrophy is offline Send an Email to epistrophy Search for Posts by epistrophy Add epistrophy to your Buddy List
Mike B. Mike B. is a male
Chihuahua

images/avatars/avatar-247.jpg

Registration Date: 08-20-2006

Wink cabins and trees Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I like pine trees on chilly winter mornings. It's good if hot coffee is involved somehow too.

Once I stayed in a cabin at the beach (yes, you heard correctly) with some friends. In the morning when we got up, we noticed that the windows to his car were completely black and the front windshield cracked. The interior of the car had caught fire in the middle of the night and burned until it smothered due to lack of oxygen.

But don't you worry...the beach umbrella and straw hat (sleeping in the car) were just fine!
08-22-2006 19:50 Mike B. is offline Search for Posts by Mike B. Add Mike B. to your Buddy List
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Cabins and Trees

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH