Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » 2005 TOUR CD's & DVD's » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page 2005 TOUR CD's & DVD's
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mo_jojo mo_jojo is a male
Greyhound

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 06-29-2005

2005 TOUR CD's & DVD's Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If you attended a show this summer and have either a CD or DVD of the show you attended available for sale to dog pound puppies here, let us know. It has been suggested that if, for instance, you buy a copy of my DVD, the $10 will go to the band somehow (via this site?).

I have what show I taped on DVD, but is still on my CP hard drive. I just need to compile and put on DVD-R. My email is: mo_jojo@charter.net. Let me know if you'd like a copy. I accept paypal and will give you the details how to do that when you email me.

I also recommend that you CC Audio E/J in the email so they can track who is doing what and they know the band is getting their full cut. Audio, you guys just tell me how you want me to pay, as I live down the road and can deliver it in person if you like.

What do you think?

I want a copy of at least 2 different shows.

07-21-2005 17:41 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
the fifth dog the fifth dog is a female
Beagle

images/avatars/avatar-151.gif

Registration Date: 07-13-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

isn't it possible to somehow try and make a compilation of recordings? assuming they fit on one or two discs? the money going to the dogs is a good plan. i'd definately sign up for that!

07-22-2005 01:00 the fifth dog is offline Send an Email to the fifth dog Homepage of the fifth dog Search for Posts by the fifth dog Add the fifth dog to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for the fifth dog
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I heard a lot of good reviews from the current tour, especially because of the "big rock set". I'd like to have a boot on CD.

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

07-22-2005 08:47 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Thread Starter Thread Started by mo_jojo

Alex, that Hulk Hogan-looking image of Jesus is pretty weird.

07-22-2005 22:22 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
pmac pmac is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-123.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2005

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo

Big Grin

07-22-2005 22:39 pmac is offline Send an Email to pmac Search for Posts by pmac Add pmac to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara YIM Account Name of pmac: Patrick McNamara View the MSN Profile for pmac
Alex Alex is a male
Miniature Pinscher

images/avatars/avatar-147.jpg

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

quote:
Originally posted by mo_jojo

It's "Buddy Christ" from Kevin Smith' movie "Dogma". It's one of my favourite movies starring Linda Fiorentino, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Alan Rickman, Chris Rock, Salma Hayek and Alannis Morrisette.

The great- great- great- etc. grandniece of Jesus gets a visit from an angel who desperately needs her help to stop two fallen angels from accidentally destroying the universe by visiting some church. On her mission she meets the drug- dealing prophets Jay and Silent Bob, a muse, the thirteenth apostle (who is black), a few demons and God herself. The angels are not allowed to drink alcohol, and God sometimes leaves heaven for a match of minigolf. The "Buddy Christ" statue is a new project of the catholic church to replace the pictures of the crucified and so to build up a less depressing and more uplifting image of Jesus.

Ain't that weird?

Alex

Bis die Hölle gefriert: www.freak-alex-band.com

07-23-2005 02:37 Alex is offline Send an Email to Alex Homepage of Alex Search for Posts by Alex Add Alex to your Buddy List
Greyhound

Hmmm....Is that one of those movies I would laugh at or be insulted by? I wonder.

Thanks for the info, Alex. It has a Buzz Lightyear look, but his right eye looks like it got punched.

I think I will transfer my movie to DVD today, and thos of you who emailed me will get your copy this week. Note that the sound fades out when I zoom in to catch the face of one of the guys or the guitar work of Mr. Roe. The rest of the sound is perfect in my opinion. Hope you all enjoy. Just do the band the courtesy of a small (or big) donation to reward them for allowing us to film there skills and benefit from their wonderful act.

07-25-2005 12:26 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Ive not fully looked at our films, but I think ours are really dark.
I might be able to lighten them up some and raise the contrast,
I don't know. Not sure when I will even have time to look at it.
07-25-2005 12:48
purdue777
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-11-2005

Question Need help making DVD! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We had a concert here at our barn in Indiana on June 25. I videotaped it (as always) and have now transferred it to the computer. I have all the software and hardware necessary to make a DVD of it, but, even though I took a class on it at IUPUI, cannot seem to figure out how to do that. My husband is no help, either, he does NOT want to learn. Can anybody reading this guide me through the process? I have Pinnacle and the Dazzle Digital Video Creator 150. The sound is great on my recording, and if it's okay with the guys, I'd be more than happy to offer them for sale, with everything minus postage and the actual cost of the DVD-R going to The Lost Dogs. Any help will be most appreciated!

07-25-2005 14:34 purdue777 is offline Send an Email to purdue777 Search for Posts by purdue777 Add purdue777 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

well, I don't have that particular software. But I assume its
basically the same no matter what software you use.

Usually the video and audio is captured in an AVI file.
Through a firewire or some video capturing devices use
RCA inputs. If its from a miniDV camera and firewire,
you lose no quality its just a digital copy.

You create a mix of the video and audio you want adding in
edits and effects and text and all that. You have to render
the mix into a MPG. Generally the audio is rendered into an
AC3 file. Some software may do this at the same time,
I render them seperately.

Then you 'create' the DVD with the rendered MPG and AC3.

There maybe an option for a simple just burn the disc where
you don't need to know how its being rendered.

One thing you may want to set is the options on where the
video is being saved and/or rendered to on your hard drive.
And you may want to make sure about the quality settings,
720x576 (PAL) 720x480 (NTSC)

You can start out simple with a simple menu or none at all,
the software I have lets you put video/audio or a photo 'behind'
the menu. You import and drop the MPG you created on
the menu page and create the link or button.

I found a few tutorials on pinnacle;

http://www.dvdoctor.net/content/reviews/...mlld19JRD0xMTEz

https://www.adita.com/12-dvd-authoring.htm

http://desktopvideo.about.com/od/pinnacl...nstudio1_RO.htm

http://www.videohelp.com/author

Then you can get into a lot of technical details about multiple
buttons and various things later.

Not sure which parts your having trouble with..is it just trying to
find the correct way to burn the disc with that software?
07-25-2005 15:03
purdue777
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 05-11-2005

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will check out those tutorials as soon as I can. My main problem is that I'm stupid! I can usually do things after someone shows me, but figuring out instructions is quite difficult for me. Has something to do with my adult ADD. But I'll get it figured out eventually....thanks again J&E!

07-25-2005 15:14 purdue777 is offline Send an Email to purdue777 Search for Posts by purdue777 Add purdue777 to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Well hope it helps, if you have more specific questions
I will try to answer as best I can.
07-25-2005 15:18
MefLiszto MefLiszto is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 04-06-2005

The most important part with most DVD software is marking your chapters. Most software will do everything else for you if you go to the options and accept the defaults. Do NOT let Pinnacle, or any other software, detect scenes. It takes far longer for your computer to detect scenes than it does for you to just play the video and mark the scenes yourself. Besides, even after the software does it, you still have to watch the video to make sure it did it right.
I capture my concert footage from my Hi-8 camera using a USB hardware MPEG encoder. I then watch the footage in Nero Showtime, making notes in Notepad concerning song titles and when each song begins. I then start a new project in my software and add the video file. I edit the video and move the video marker to the spot where each chapter begins and put in a chapter mark. Once all that's done, I let the software pick default menus, encoding settings, etc, modifying later to suit my own tastes. At least if I have chapters marked and a menu, I have a burnable, watchable DVD.
If you want, I can send you something I've done. I use either Roxio, Nero or Sonic MyDVD. Pinnacle keeps crashing on me.

Darin
07-27-2005 01:49 MefLiszto is offline Send an Email to MefLiszto Search for Posts by MefLiszto Add MefLiszto to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of MefLiszto: MefLiszto YIM Account Name of MefLiszto: Fedykrulez
Greyhound

Excellent advice. Thanks. It's more time-consuming, but it is more efficient in the long run.

07-27-2005 17:05 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Greyhound

I just sent out 2 DVD's today. I forget who I sent them to, but you'll be getting them by Mon instead of Fri, as I'd hoped. I moved to midnights this week and am still adjusting to the change.

I bought more DVD+R's, so the others that have asked for a copy will be getting yours mailed early next week.

08-04-2005 04:23 mo_jojo is offline Send an Email to mo_jojo Search for Posts by mo_jojo Add mo_jojo to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » 2005 TOUR CD's & DVD's

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH