Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Hard Times Come Again No More » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hard Times Come Again No More
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Hard Times Come Again No More peawinkel 07-18-2005 17:16
 RE: Hard Times Come Again No More bereal 07-20-2005 00:35
 RE: Hard Times Come Again No More over 07-19-2005 11:14

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-274.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Hard Times Come Again No More Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On my family's drive home from church yesterday, our 15 month old daughter was fussy (we forgot her pacifier). I was trying to play some of Zoom Daddy for my 17 yr old son but the baby was drowning out everything. My wife suggested I put on that Lost Dogs song. I knew the song she was referring to....Hard Times Come Again No More. It would always soothe her when she was a wee little mite. I was skeptical this time because she's older, she's probably forgotten the song,& without her pacifier, I did not expect anything would happen. From the 1st note of the song, she silenced herself & listened intently.Indeed, hard times came again no more. I just shook my head.
07-18-2005 17:16 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

RE: Hard Times Come Again No More Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel
On my family's drive home from church yesterday, our 15 month old daughter was fussy (we forgot her pacifier). I was trying to play some of Zoom Daddy for my 17 yr old son but the baby was drowning out everything. My wife suggested I put on that Lost Dogs song. I knew the song she was referring to....Hard Times Come Again No More. It would always soothe her when she was a wee little mite. I was skeptical this time because she's older, she's probably forgotten the song,& without her pacifier, I did not expect anything would happen. From the 1st note of the song, she silenced herself & listened intently.Indeed, hard times came again no more. I just shook my head.

I'll have to try to remember this the next time my little one is fussy. Smile

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile
07-20-2005 00:35 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
over
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-18-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It is a very moving song, done in a respectful and reverent style.

over has attached this image (reduced version):
hard times.jpg

07-19-2005 11:14 over is offline Send an Email to over Search for Posts by over Add over to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Hard Times Come Again No More

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH