Lost Dogs Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight
Posts in this Thread Author Date
 Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-10-2005 14:34
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight jiminy 07-10-2005 20:32
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-11-2005 10:08
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-16-2005 20:51
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-17-2005 12:53
 Bereal ThEE 07-17-2005 15:43
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-18-2005 00:24
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-18-2005 00:28
 Aaaaaaaaaaaarrggghhhh!!!!!! bereal 07-21-2005 11:01
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight Audiori J 07-21-2005 11:08
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight Audiori J 07-21-2005 11:25
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-21-2005 12:10
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight jiminy 07-21-2005 12:15
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight Audiori J 07-21-2005 12:20
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight bereal 07-21-2005 12:33
 RE: Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight Audiori J 07-21-2005 12:59

Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bereal bereal is a female
Golden Retriever

images/avatars/avatar-230.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Attention Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Lost Dogs Concert Asheville, NC @ The Grey Eagle
Sunday, Jul 17, 2005 7:30 PM

The Grey Eagle
185 Clingman Ave
Asheville,NC 28801

Event description from the evite:

This is a FREE show. Donations accepted. For further info contact:
lostdogsconcert@yahoo.com

THE LOST DOGS:
Terry Taylor, Mike Roe, Derri Daugherty
The Lost Dogs began as an exciting collaboration between four brilliant frontmen/songwriters, creating music that transcended the musical boundaries of their respective bands. Terry Taylor (Daniel Amos, The Swirling Eddies), Gene Eugene (Adam Again), Derri Daugherty (The Choir), and Michael Roe (The 77s, MichaelRoe.com) over the past 12 years have released seven eclectic albums of traditional American music (country, folk, blues, rock) with a decidedly modern feel. Over the course of time, the Lost Dogs have built a loyal and growing base of alt-country and roots fans including genre artists such as Buddy and Julie Miller, the Kentucky Headhunters, and Phil Madeira.

For more Lost Dogs info,
http://www.thelostdogs.com

Song samples and recent CD info available at:
http://www.thelostdogs.com/samples/
http://www.pastemusic.com/product/591
http://www.pastemusic.com/product/278
http://www.pastemusic.com/product/279

The Grey Eagle is an all-ages venue, non-smoking (outside patio is available), has beer & wine bar and food by Twin Cousins Kitchen, a Southern Louisiana-styled eatery.
http://www.thegreyeagle.com/
They have directions and other info.

From out-of-town? All your family/friends not Lost Dogs fans? There's great things to do - consider making a weekend of it. There's stuff for everyone: singles, couples, families, etc. so no one gets left out.
Check out:
http://www.ci.asheville.nc.us/visitors/visitor.htm
http://www.ashevillemtns.com/
http://www.asheville.com/
Hotels about $60-$80 and up.

This show is sponsored by the Ledford family in partnership with Gateway Christian Community.
http://www.gccchurch.org

Interested in booking the Lost Dogs in your town?
Contact Provision National Booking at info@provisionnational.com or 502-271-7644.
http://www.provisionnational.com

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Smile

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by bereal: 07-17-2005 12:52.

07-10-2005 14:34 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Dachshund

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I duno- sunds like some bragin to me..
but when you can host a DOgs show.
DO IT!

Sounds loveerly..wish I could be there.

07-10-2005 20:32 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Golden Retriever

Thread Starter Thread Started by bereal
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin Wink Tongue

Smile
07-11-2005 10:08 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Golden Retriever

bump

Smile
07-16-2005 20:51 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Golden Retriever

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
bump

Smile
07-17-2005 12:53 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
ThEE ThEE is a male
Miniature Poodle

Registration Date: 07-15-2005

Bereal Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Please give a hug and a big "I love you," to the guys for me tonight.

Thankx.

Theo
07-17-2005 15:43 ThEE is offline Send an Email to ThEE Homepage of ThEE Search for Posts by ThEE Add ThEE to your Buddy List
Golden Retriever

Theo, I wish I had seen this before I left for the show. You must have posted this right after I got off of here. I would have gladly given them all a hug and a big "I love you" if I'd have known to do so. We had a blast. Pleased

Smile
07-18-2005 00:24 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Golden Retriever

I'm too lazy to retype this, so I am quoting myself off the DAmb:

quote:

Great Show!

The guys rolled into the Grey Eagle about 6:15. We immediately helped them unload, set up backstage for them and then they did their sound check. By the time they arrived, there were a lot of people who had already shown up. There were probably around 100-110+/- people who came and everyone said it was a great venue, aside from the heat and humidity in there.

Once they got done with the sound check, they went backstage for a while to rest (and eat snacks ~ more on that later) before the show. MF and I checked with them about when they wanted to start, and Mike said, "We will start promptly at 7:30."

MF introduced them and before he was even done with the intro, Derri was half-way to the stage. The guys geared up with a great set list, which I did not get written down between being in and out with the baby and helping out at the CD table. There was also plenty of jabs being thrown out. The 2nd song they did was "To Cover You" and it was dedicated to me by my wonderful hubby MF. Pleased Terry forgot some of his lines, and MF said Derri was supposed to forget his lines. Later in the evening Derri did forget his line during one of the slapstick pieces. Several songs in, they sang Startin Monday. At the end of it, Baby M got fussy, so I took her out. Terry said, "I guess that baby didn't like that song." Big Grin I finally got her to sleep and was able to slip back in (when I was out, I could still see and here them just fine ~ I was in the foyer of the music hall). Toward the end of the set, Baby M woke up and was laying on my lap kicking her legs and swinging her arms ~ when the guys were really rockin'.

The concert was over way too quickly, but I will cherish this night!!!! Pleased Pleased

*back to the snacks: I prepared a veggie tray with homemade dill dip, fruit tray with grapes, strawberries and peaches, a bag of Kitchen Cooked Potato Chips and a tray with cheese balls, crackers and summer sausages. When the guys got there, MF started helping them unload while I went in the green room to get the food out of the refrigerator. I set it all out and was finishing uncovering it when Steve and Mike came in the room. They immediately dug in and Mike said this was the nicest thing they'd seen the whole tour. Pleased Pleased Pleased

Steve and I talked a little (he remembered me from the Choir CD release party) and then he introduced me by name to Mike.

After the show I was talking with Mike and he said that he was feeling much better than he had been for the majority of the tour. He said he was in and out of the hospital the first three weeks of the tour and this illness he had could have possibly killed him and that was scary. Keep him in prayer that his health will continue to improve. He looked very .tired tonight, but not as sickly as he sounded earlier in the tour.

Before we headed out, MF got a friend to take a couple of pictures of both of us with the guys. Pleased

Smile
07-18-2005 00:28 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Golden Retriever

Angry Aaaaaaaaaaaarrggghhhh!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am bummed. The guys at the venue recorded the show and gave us the 2 CDs. Only the second one played, and it was only the part after the encore, so maybe the last 10 minutes or so of the show. MF checked with the guys at the venue and supposedly those were the masters! Aaaaaaaaaaaargh

Smile
07-21-2005 11:01 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Check multiplre CD players...sometimes if a recorders tracking is off
then it won't play in some, or sometimes its a brand issue.

I have some CDRs that I recorded on my original cheapo CD recorder
that won't play on my newer one. I actually had to get a program
that is supposed to salvage CDR data...to get some of the stuff off
the old CDRs.
07-21-2005 11:08
Audiori J
unregistered

A program similar to this;
http://www.downloadatoz.com/badcopy-pro/
might work.
07-21-2005 11:25
Golden Retriever

Thanks for the tips. I have tried playing it on all 3 CD players I have at home, including the one on my computer. I have one in the car, but don't wanna try that one for fear it might get stuck in there. There is one other CD player I can try it on ~ it's a jogging CD player that we actually use in our Suburban that doesn't even have a tape player. I'll get MF to try that. He is investigating recovering the data on the CD, but it seems strange that the last 10 minutes or so will play (the 2nd CD), but the remainder of the show on the 1st CD won't play ~ and they were both made on the same recorder. Hopefully MF can nail it down. I'm so illiterate when it comes to electronics and computers that I usually let him take care of that stuff.

Smile
07-21-2005 12:10 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Dachshund

Registration Date: 03-23-2005

agree!
dont toss em too fast.

I have some things that refuse to play in certain players
If you have any PC equipment for listening (CD ROM Drive)
It should ll tell you what is on the discs..
I've found that helps..
and theres a lot of ways ot "skin the cat"

(see Pet Lovers Poem HAHAHAHAHA!)

fer instance - just today I couldnt read a disc even in my Media Player here..but I got a free program (Goldwave) that "rips" the disc, so I converted them to mp3s..then was able to burn em..
Sounds tricky- but not really.

Keep us apprised
you need a leg up on bootlegging!

07-21-2005 12:15 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah its hard to say, we just know after having had a bunch of
CD recorders and making tons of CDRs, if a CD recorder starts
going bad, it can record data on a disc that only it can retrieve.
Its like the laser that burns the data gets out of align.

If that happens or there is some corrupt headers in the files,
other players may or may not be able to play the disc. A lot
depends on how versital that player was made. A player that
lists playing CDR, CDR-RW, CD, CD-DATA, etc, etc might have
a better chance reading it because its made to adapt to
more 'different' types of disc.

Sometimes a problem can be as simple as the color of the plastic
on the bottom of the disc. Some brands use different colors
that some lasers have issues with.

I have had CDRs I just could not read until downloaded a
tial version of a similar recovery program. (They basically
had corrupt header files that the player needs to know how
to interpret the data).
07-21-2005 12:20
Golden Retriever

Thanks guys, but my computer CD player won't even show anything on the disc. Confused Like I said, I'll let MF figure it out and then he can teach me. Then I'll have a leg up on bootlegging! Tongue

Smile
07-21-2005 12:33 bereal is offline Send an Email to bereal Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Audiori J
unregistered

Yeah if the headers are messed up the PC won't recognise the files.

The headers hold a lot of information the PC needs, like file length,
file type, etc. If The PC doesn't see them or understand them
then the data on the disc is inexcessible to the PC, to the PC
it would just look like random data without the headers to tell the
PC how to interpret it.

I don't know for a fact thats the issue, but it could be.

On the bottom of the disc, can you tell if the disc has been
written to? Usually you can see a band of different color
with a width that if the disc is full would almost go to the
edges. Sometimes if its hard to see you can hold it up to the
light, because actually the way a disc is "burned"...is the laser
burns tiny holes in the thin aluminum layer of the disc in
circular bands like an old record had. Only backwards actually,
it starts in the center and works its way outward. Thats
also why the disc will change speeds while playing.
But where the disc has been burned with information, it should
let light pass through it differently than the rest of the disc.

When the disc is played the laser measures if the beam goes
through a hole or if its bounced back, its a on or off type
of thing.

Thats why the alignment is important, if the burner has a laser
that is poorly aligned, the next player might not find the 'track'.
Or it might not move far enough to the center to find the header
information. which is why a recovery program might work, it will guess
at file headers and try to recover files even if it can't find the
original header information.
07-21-2005 12:59
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Lost Dogs Message Board » On Topic Discussion » General Discussion » Asheville NC-Free Show-Tonight

Virtual-Turk
Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.4, Developed by WoltLab GmbH